tuscl

Why you people buy a second phone???

Rivertwice
New Jersey
Hi there,
I've read plenty of posts on here where people keep talking about buying a pay-as-u-go phone and having a second phone.
Have any of you heard of Google Voice? It's free, you can get a number, set it up on your smart phone and hand it out to the girls in the club.
You can set it up to forward messages to your phone or not to. That way your wife, girlfriend, boyfriend whatever wouldn't be the wiser.
And if someone gets weird and crazy you can block their number so, they can't contaxt you, (you can see if they still call with the spam filter but, no messages come through).
You can text or call and in the US calls are free. I haven't figured out if you can send images with it yet but, you can receive them.
So, why pay for a second phone when you can have 2 in 1?
Just a thought.

13 comments

• Corvus
    12 years ago
    I got my second phone (for SCs only) before I ever heard about Google Voice. It's not too expensive so far but I will be looking hard at GV soon. Sounds like you've had good luck with it?

On the down side it would temp me to take my expensive primary phone, with my vast amount of personal and professional information on it, into a SC and I'm not too excited about that.
  • motorhead
    12 years ago
    One of the pleasures of being single.

I'm not bothered my such things.
  • motorhead
    12 years ago
    "by" such things
  • samsung1
    12 years ago
    Yeah but what if a google voice forwards a message because how easy it is to forget to switch it off. It happened to me and was embarrassing but I still use google voice on here anyways.
  • samsung1
    12 years ago
    Also another major downside is that NO you can not send or receive pictures with your number.
  • More4Me
    12 years ago
    I've used it but stopped. While Google claims they don't record your texts or voice transcripts I don't fully trust the free service. Especially running off my own smartphone painting a bullseye on me. The cost of disposable phone is peace of mind for me. Could me money down the drain and G Voice is the way forward but I'm holding off.
  • umissedaspot
    12 years ago
    Because a burn phone is so cheap and foolproof.
  • Papi_Chulo
    12 years ago
    Yep – a burn ph offers much more or complete anonymity if one prefers that.
  • toysales
    12 years ago
    Thanks for the advice. One phone 2 numbers works great so far.
  • georgmicrodong
    12 years ago
    I use a burn phone (an older iPhone on Wal-Mart's Straight Talk) with google voice. I paid cash for a used phone, cash for the SIM, and cash for all the top ups.

Why both? GV gives me the convenience features already described. I use a burn phone because, well, much of what I'm doing *is* illegal, and that makes a phone completely unconnected to the real me a must.

GV isn't secure; its use can still be attached to the real you if you're using your *real* phone to access it.
  • crazyjoe
    12 years ago
    You need one phone for each ear
  • gatorfan
    12 years ago
    I need a phone for each stripper I'm working on
  • Tiredtraveler
    12 years ago
    Simple: google will have a record of you and your calls, they will fuck up,not block your information and you will have the girl you just cut loose because she is crazy on your door step at the worst possble time. I am a believer in Finnagan's Law that states Murphy was an optimist. Can't track a cash burn phone when it is off and never take them home.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion