tuscl

Tax Season

Sunday, February 12, 2006 3:21 PM
Friday evening, a dancer at Favorite Club was telling me that income has been particularly good lately since we are in "tax season." Another dancer at another club had told me the same thing a couple of weeks ago, but I didn't catch the significance of the comment. When I asked the dancer at Favorite Club what she meant by that, she said that business always picks up around the time that people are getting their income tax refunds--"tax season." Since I am self-employed, and make quarterly tax payments, the concept of a tax refund is a foreign one to me. But, out of curiously, among those of you who have withholding taken from your paychecks--is it common to use tax refund money to fund strip clubs trips? The dancer claimed that strippers and car dealers are the major beneficiaries of income tax returns. More study is needed....

6 comments

• ShotDisc
    18 years ago
    This just in... davids posting dropping like a rock
  • FONDL
    18 years ago
    I never start thinking about taxes until April and lately I've owed money, so I don't think this applies in my case. But even if I did get a big refund I don't think it would have any effect on my SC visits. This sounds to me like one of those things that everyone believes but isn't very true. Probably what the girls are seeing is customers returning after all the holidays are finally over. I don't know about the rest of you, but it takes us til February to take down all the decorations and get them all put away. So when you combine that with NFL playoffs and championships, the holdiays don't really end until about now. Which means it's almost time for me to head to Florida. So I guess I better clean the snow off of my car.
  • DandyDan
    18 years ago
    It used to be when my income was less than it is now that I would splurge on out-of-town strip club trips when I got my refund (and I always seem to get a big one), but since I make more now than I used to, it doesn't play much of a factor.
  • minnow
    18 years ago
    Not a factor here-structure witholding so that I get minimal refund(or pay rel. minimal bill) Can't see giving rich Uncle an interest free loan.
  • chitownlawyer
    18 years ago
    Shadow--my tax guy is good, but not as good as yours. He usually gets me within $1K on an income of similar magnitude to yours. That's close enough for me.
  • T-Bone
    18 years ago
    CTL - Every stripper i know loves February for this very reason....especially after a slow January when customers are strapped with holiday credit card bills. Financially, it's actually not a good idea to get refunds (you're lending the gov. money for a year for no reason when it could be earning interest for you). But some people like the "forced" savings discipline of it, so they set themselves up for a refund every year. And then they spend it like it's a bonus when it comes. I spend money on strippers all year round.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion