Outside in the cold distance
A wildcat did growl
Two riders were approaching
And the wind began to howl
businessman there, drink my wine,
Come and take my herb.

----

Ridin' the storm out, waitin' for the thaw out
On a full moon night in the Rocky Mountain winter.
My wine bottle's low, watching for the snow
I've been thinking lately of what I'm missing in the city.
And I'm not missing a thing
Watchin' the full moon crossing the range
Ridin' the storm out
Ridin' the storm out.

-----

Thank God I'm in the Midwest and we're missing this one.

18 comments

• HungryGiraffe
    12 years ago
    Thanks motörhead. Lots of good preparation underway. It's also expected to be a fast moving storm.
  • Alucard
    12 years ago
    STAY home and keep warm by cuddling with a woman!
  • motorhead
    12 years ago
    +1 Alucard
  • farmerart
    12 years ago
    You pussies!!

It's winter....what do you expect?
  • vincemichaels
    12 years ago
    Sunshine and 85 degrees F, Art. LMAO
  • vincemichaels
    12 years ago
    Art, this is a big storm. Over 2 feet of snow. Do you get 2 foot of snow from your storms?
  • gawker
    12 years ago
    My ATF called me today to tell me she's pregnant. We discussed that and I changed the subject to the upcoming storm. She said "24 inches? It's been years sing
    Ce I had 12 inches. I reminded her of the night we had sex 3 times and that 3 times 4 equals 12.
  • Tiredtraveler
    12 years ago
    Farmerart- its the east coast and it is populated by wussies. I agree its Winter. I look at it this way if it is snowing I don't have to mow my f...ing grass and can sit by the fire and relax or go to a club and wait out the storm.
  • jester214
    12 years ago
    Sometimes I miss living in the NE, this isn't one of those times.
  • farmerart
    12 years ago
    vince, You are right, 60cm is a big snowfall. Biggest snowfall in one system this winter up here was half that - 30cm. The difference up here in NWT is that the snow that falls in October stays until April/May. There are 2m snowbanks around the camp and air strip as we push more and more snow out of the way. Temperatures have moderated since Christmas....nice balmy -15C highs each day this week.
  • vincemichaels
    12 years ago
    I believe you, Art. I've been to Alaska in the winter skiing and have discussed far North winters. I could have driven to Fairbanks from Anchorage, but I heeded my friend's warning about the extreme cold in the interior.
  • JackKash
    12 years ago
    So far its underwhelming. It will really need to start dumping soon to get to the accumulation they're predicting. Winter here in the NE is harsh because its a damp cold that can chill to the bones.
  • sharkhunter
    12 years ago
    I live along an East coast state and I was enjoying sunny skies and wearing a short sleeve shirt outside. It felt warm to me. I even overheard another girl in the office say she didn't put her jacket on either at lunch time. East coast storm? I'd refer to it as a north east storm. They were overdue for one anyway IMO. Maybe DC can get one next time too.

The national news talked about one ski resort in the northeast only had 8 inches of snow all winter and it was really hurting their business. There isn't a lot of time left to enjoy winter. It's already in the 60's in South Carolina.
  • Estafador
    12 years ago
    Farmerant is canadian. He's used to snow being 6 feet lol. Us NYers sure are getting hit with a lot of wet storms. At least this winter one's a dude.
  • MADDOG_ROMEO
    12 years ago
    Mo'Head you got it right...I don't care where you live - this storm is a MF...I'm gettin smacked right in the middle of it - gettin hit with over 2 feet (possibly 3),and peak wind conditions at hurricane level 70+ mph...Ina 24 hour period, this is record level stuff in the US NE bro...it's a miracle haven't lost power yet...

But, check it out, I like a girl who can handle the cold...

http://network.yardbarker.com/entertainm…
  • Papi_Chulo
    12 years ago
    We also had a winter blast down here in Miami – it got down to the low 60s overnight

:)
  • vincemichaels
    12 years ago
    Yep, and Floridians do freeze to death when it dips into the 50's. It's a fact.
  • Estafador
    12 years ago
    Lol you southern west coast folks aree assholes
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion