tuscl

ot: funniest business names

crazyjoe
Colorado
With all this talk about resturaunts and stuff and names of them many have not heard of because of areas we all live. What sre some funny names of businesses in your area that someone may not have been thinking clearly when they came up with it?

In my area we gave a chain of gas stations called KUM & GO

15 comments

• shadowcat
    12 years ago
    It's not a business but Fucking, Austria is the place to live. :)
  • staxwell
    12 years ago
    "Fu King Chinese" True story.
  • Club_Goer_Seattle
    12 years ago
    I've conjured up a couple of funny names for potential strip clubs in the past:

1. I was driving to my local club one night. My usual route took me past a "Babies R Us" store. I quickly misread its sign as "Boobies R Us." That made me think that would be a good name for a strip club. Particularly if it could be across the street from a Babies R Us.

2. Anaheim, CA is known for Disneyland, but there are also eight strip clubs there. If one could be located across the street from Disneyland, I'd name it "Boobyland," and with as close as legally possible, the name in a similar Old English font like Disneyland is known for. One more feature: It could have a mascot in its advertising, "Topless Tinkerbell."
  • JuiceBox69
    12 years ago
    Club chub.......lol
  • gawker
    12 years ago
    While driving with my wife in Myrtle Beach we saw a bar named " Suck, Bang & Blow".
  • JuiceBox69
    12 years ago
    Lol
  • Daddillac
    12 years ago
    Coming out of Orlando I saw a sign for a storage facility called "Adult toy Storage", I told my wife if you have so many of those that you need a storage unit you probably have too many...About an hour later I realized they were probably talking about boats and jet skis...yeah I am a dumbass!!
  • crazyjoe
    12 years ago
    I saw a storafe facility in Nebraska called The Kramalot Inn.

I have also seen some funny sayings on business signs too:

A liquir store that said" life is a sobering experience, we can help with that."

A hair salon that said, "free blow with a cut".

A Taco Johns that said, "dive into our fish tacos"

The female friend of mine that pointed out the taco johns one to me told me that is why McD doesnt sell hot dogs... who would go and order a McWeiner and ask to supersize that...lol
  • Doc_Holliday
    12 years ago
    In Dallas we have a chain of Fuzzy's Tacos. They're actually really good tacos and they serve beer/wine/sangria, and a favorite with dancers.
  • endlesstempo
    12 years ago
    Not sure how common this type of food is elsewhere, but there is a type of Vietnamese noodle called Pho, which is pronounced "fuh" - like "fuck" without the hard "ck" sound at the end. Most of the restaurants are family owned and not commercial chains, and they specialize in pho, so a lot of them use the word in the business name.

It has spawned a bunch of interesting restaurant names like Pho Real, Pho Shizzle (I'm not making this up), Pho Q ("fuck you"), and my personal favorite, Pho King.

I also thought it was weird that the strip club Fritz That's It opened a new club and called it Fritz That's Too. It's almost clever, but the funky grammar in the name makes me cringe.
  • londonguy
    12 years ago
  • shadowcat
    12 years ago
    Very good Londonguy. :)
  • 3LeggedMan
    12 years ago
    My hometown has a salon called Curl Up and Dye.
  • georgmicrodong
    12 years ago
    @londonguy: There is a "Master Bait and Tackle Shop" here locally. I pass it on my way to lunch sometimes.
  • Electronman
    12 years ago
    Not sexual, but I get a chuckle out of the carry out Asian food chain called "Takee Outee." It does suggest a market niche for an AMP named "in & outee."
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion