tuscl

Here is today's 2AMer.

shadowcat
Atlanta suburb
Three Rockford men were arrested early Sunday, Jan. 20, after two people were shot outside a Beloit, Wis., strip club.

The shooting happened around 2 a.m., at the Silver Slipper Saloon, 1901 S. Wisconsin Ave.

Two victims walked into Beloit Memorial Hospital and were treated for non-life threatening gunshot wounds to their legs.

According to police, the incident began inside the Silver Slipper (formerly the Bear Chest), when several people exchanged angry gestures. Tension escalated into an argument in the parking lot at closing time.

Police responded to the bar after officers heard gunshots coming from the area. When patrolmen arrived, as many as 30 people scattered on foot and in vehicles.

A few minutes after the shooting, officers in South Beloit, Ill., stopped a silver Chevrolet Impala, a car believed to have been at the strip club. Police say a man in the car, Antwann Griffin, of Rockford, was one of the shooters.

Griffin, 25, is lodged in the Winnebago County Jail, awaiting extradition to Rock County. Two other occupants of the car, Leanthony Lilly, 26, and John Griffin, 22, both of Rockford, were also arrested.

Lilly and John Griffin were charged with disorderly conduct and carrying a concealed weapon. They were released after posting bond.

As of this report, police do not have other suspects in custody. Several others are believed to have fire shots in the incident.

Anyone with information is urged to call the Beloit Police Department at (608) 757-2244.

2 comments

• deogol
    12 years ago
    How do they put it, "the usual suspects?" I thought guns were restricted in Illinois - only decent law abiding white rich people have those devil tools. Somebody better call Alex Jones because this sounds like a false flag and all that.

(Thats called chumming the waters)
  • DandyDan
    12 years ago
    Damn, I've been in that club. It was a long time ago, but when I still lived in Illinois, that was my first non-Illinois club, granted Beloit is literally on the border. That was a much better club a long time ago, but it got worse over time, plus it doesn't help it's not a good neighborhood. That was one club I didn't feel safe in the last time I went there several years ago.

FWIW, the Bear Chest Lounge was also my favorite strip club name of alltime. I wonder if the Silver Slipper Saloon is related to the one in Ottawa, IL with the same name.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion