tuscl

Pay your tab or go to jail.

shadowcat
Atlanta suburb
Police arrested a Somerville man early this morning at Centerfolds Boston, a downtown strip club, after he refused to pay his $770 drinks tab, police said.

The club's manager called police at 2:15 a.m. to report that Charles Dirac, 27, refused to pay. When officers arrived at the club, they found Dirac upstairs and heard him repeatedly refuse to pay the manager, the police report said.

Dirac was charged with larceny over $250.

24 comments

• JohnBuford
    12 years ago
    Hmm.Why do I sense there's a lot more to this story than a simple refusal to pay ? Also,shouldn't a club let you know what your tab is once it's reached say $300 ? Seems to me it would cut down on BS like this.
  • kingcripple
    12 years ago
    back in october one of the waitresses at the club i frequented got stuck paying her customer's $200 tab ON HER BIRTHDAY. Talk about low
  • tumblingdice
    12 years ago
    Drac! Pay your bar bill will ya,your making us look bad.
  • samsung1
    12 years ago
    sad story
  • minnow
    12 years ago
    I'd sure like to see the itemized charges. Wonder if it entailed 1 or more overpriced "champagne" bottles ? Still, that is a lot of overpriced drinks. Definitely seems fishy. I also find it hard to imagine that type of business letting someone run up any significant tab without doing a credit card swipe first. More to this than meets the eye.
  • chimark
    12 years ago
    This seems impossible to me, I frequent clubs everywhere and I can't think of any place where I could have run a tab. Clubs take CC and charge ongoing, many of them now are requiring two signatures and sometimes even thumb prints. Unless he was contesting the CC charge and refusing to sign.
  • ilbbaicnl
    12 years ago
    If he had said the bill was wrong, it would be a civil matter, they would not arrest him. Sounds like the police heard him admit he'd really owed that much. Maybe he also admitted he kept getting drinks that he knew he couldn't pay for.
  • canny
    12 years ago
    Every club where I've run a tab took my credit card first and they didn't give it back until I closed out the tab. The same as bars.
  • Papi_Chulo
    12 years ago
    Looks like this guy made two mistakes – he did not pay his bill – and he was SCing in Boston.
  • Dougster
    12 years ago
    Made me think of the Dirac equation.
  • bang69
    12 years ago
    this happens more then people realize. When I was floor hosting at the 2 sc's I worked at. I call the Atlanta PD 21 times one nite. Fights in the parking lot, cat figths,refusal to pay a bar tab & other stuff
  • deogol
    12 years ago
    Somebody might try to take advantage of a strip club?
  • tumblingdice
    12 years ago
    Bang!Worked the door at a couple of Jersey clubs.5 O never left the parkinglot.
  • tumblingdice
    12 years ago
    Drac!You can PM me but I can't you, WTF.Drac, was that really you with the floating Franklins.
  • gawker
    12 years ago
    My ATF did a champagne room with 3 other girls and 4 guys for 2 hours (2 rooms @170.00 per hour each) .They had 6 bottles of Crystal champagne at $100.each & they paid each girl $1200. With waitress tips well over $6000.00she says there were no extras except one of the girls did lines of coke off a guys Dick. Now that's money well spent.
  • tumblingdice
    12 years ago
    Yawn!
  • Alucard
    12 years ago
    " Now that's money well spent."

$$$$ wasted.
  • tumblingdice
    12 years ago
    Card, I've been waiting for you.
  • tumblingdice
    12 years ago
    Card,No shit ,is that you with the wad?
  • tumblingdice
    12 years ago
    Papi,Beantown is the worst!
  • dalex
    12 years ago
    Alucard coming in the clutch with a spectacular comment, great addition to this thread.
  • gsv
    12 years ago
    Most of the high-end clubs here in NYC preauthorize your card for a decent amount, e.g. $200 to make sure funds are available. When you exceed that, they may even preauth another $200 to be sure. I can't believe this club didn't do something like that here.
  • samsung1
    12 years ago
    Also could have included dancer drinks. The ones at Columbus gold range from $20-$500 each
  • deogol
    12 years ago
    "Most of the high-end clubs here in NYC preauthorize your card for a decent amount, e.g. $200 to make sure funds are available. When you exceed that, they may even preauth another $200 to be sure."

Maybe so, but a "preauthorization" transaction is not a sales transaction to most CC APIs. The sales transaction is where money is (scheduled for) transferred. An authorization transaction only allows for sellers to be protected by proof the buyer has funding.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion