Dancer profiles are now available! Free VIP for dancers, apply now. More info

Advertisement
Front Room

Pay your tab or go to jail.

shadowcat
shadowcatVIP63065448

Atlanta suburb

13 yrs ago · 1 min read

Police arrested a Somerville man early this morning at Centerfolds Boston, a downtown strip club, after he refused to pay his $770 drinks tab, police said.

The club's manager called police at 2:15 a.m. to report that Charles Dirac, 27, refused to pay. When officers arrived at the club, they found Dirac upstairs and heard him repeatedly refuse to pay the manager, the police report said.

Dirac was charged with larceny over $250.

Replies (24)Latest

Profile picture for JohnBuford
JohnBuford
•

Hmm.Why do I sense there's a lot more to this story than a simple refusal to pay ? Also,shouldn't a club let you know what your tab is once it's reached say $300 ? Seems to me it would cut down on BS like this.

Profile picture for kingcripple
kingcripple
•

back in october one of the waitresses at the club i frequented got stuck paying her customer's $200 tab ON HER BIRTHDAY. Talk about low

Profile picture for tumblingdice
tumblingdice
•

Drac! Pay your bar bill will ya,your making us look bad.

Profile picture for samsung1
samsung1
•

sad story

Profile picture for minnow
minnow
•

I'd sure like to see the itemized charges. Wonder if it entailed 1 or more overpriced "champagne" bottles ? Still, that is a lot of overpriced drinks. Definitely seems fishy. I also find it hard to imagine that type of business letting someone run up any significant tab without doing a credit card swipe first. More to this than meets the eye.

Profile picture for chimark
chimark
•

This seems impossible to me, I frequent clubs everywhere and I can't think of any place where I could have run a tab. Clubs take CC and charge ongoing, many of them now are requiring two signatures and sometimes even thumb prints. Unless he was contesting the CC charge and refusing to sign.

Profile picture for ilbbaicnl
ilbbaicnl
•

If he had said the bill was wrong, it would be a civil matter, they would not arrest him. Sounds like the police heard him admit he'd really owed that much. Maybe he also admitted he kept getting drinks that he knew he couldn't pay for.

Profile picture for canny
canny
•

Every club where I've run a tab took my credit card first and they didn't give it back until I closed out the tab. The same as bars.

Profile picture for Papi_Chulo
Papi_Chulo
•

Looks like this guy made two mistakes – he did not pay his bill – and he was SCing in Boston.

Profile picture for Dougster
Dougster
•

Made me think of the Dirac equation.

Profile picture for bang69
bang69
•

this happens more then people realize. When I was floor hosting at the 2 sc's I worked at. I call the Atlanta PD 21 times one nite. Fights in the parking lot, cat figths,refusal to pay a bar tab & other stuff

Profile picture for deogol
deogol
•

Somebody might try to take advantage of a strip club?

Profile picture for tumblingdice
tumblingdice
•

Bang!Worked the door at a couple of Jersey clubs.5 O never left the parkinglot.

Profile picture for tumblingdice
tumblingdice
•

Drac!You can PM me but I can't you, WTF.Drac, was that really you with the floating Franklins.

Profile picture for gawker
gawker
•

My ATF did a champagne room with 3 other girls and 4 guys for 2 hours (2 rooms @170.00 per hour each) .They had 6 bottles of Crystal champagne at $100.each & they paid each girl $1200. With waitress tips well over $6000.00she says there were no extras except one of the girls did lines of coke off a guys Dick. Now that's money well spent.

Profile picture for tumblingdice
tumblingdice
•

Yawn!

Profile picture for Alucard
Alucard
•

" Now that's money well spent."

$$$$ wasted.

Profile picture for tumblingdice
tumblingdice
•

Card, I've been waiting for you.

Profile picture for tumblingdice
tumblingdice
•

Card,No shit ,is that you with the wad?

Profile picture for tumblingdice
tumblingdice
•

Papi,Beantown is the worst!

Profile picture for dalex
dalex
•

Alucard coming in the clutch with a spectacular comment, great addition to this thread.

Profile picture for gsv
gsv
•

Most of the high-end clubs here in NYC preauthorize your card for a decent amount, e.g. $200 to make sure funds are available. When you exceed that, they may even preauth another $200 to be sure. I can't believe this club didn't do something like that here.

Profile picture for samsung1
samsung1
•

Also could have included dancer drinks. The ones at Columbus gold range from $20-$500 each

Profile picture for deogol
deogol
•

"Most of the high-end clubs here in NYC preauthorize your card for a decent amount, e.g. $200 to make sure funds are available. When you exceed that, they may even preauth another $200 to be sure."

Maybe so, but a "preauthorization" transaction is not a sales transaction to most CC APIs. The sales transaction is where money is (scheduled for) transferred. An authorization transaction only allows for sellers to be protected by proof the buyer has funding.

Join the conversation

Sign in to reply to this discussion.

Advertisement