tuscl

How to win the Super Bowl.

shadowcat
Atlanta suburb
ATLANTA —

Big Boi figured it was his duty to go to ESPN's studios and defend the Falcons.

So the Atlanta hip-hop legend, whose real name is Antwan Patton, showed up on ESPN's “First Take” program this week and declared: “The Super Bowl has got to come through Atlanta.”

“I'm here as an ambassador,” Big Boi said. “We are ready.”

When host Skip Bayless cited the Falcons' recent playoff failures and asked Big Boi why he thought it would be different this time, he cited the “spirit of the city.”

“It's about the city and the energy the city has got right now,” he said. “Atlanta is turned up.”

Big Boi, however, said Falcons' players should shun certain entertainment options before the game.

“As long as everybody stays out of Magic City and Diamonds of Atlanta, we are going to be good,” he said, referring to two of the city's famous strip clubs. “Wait until Monday to go. Everybody stay home.”

Big Boi suggested that Magic City should have “Seahawks night” on Saturday to entice the players from the visiting team to drop in.

12 comments

• dalex
    12 years ago
    It's okay, Onyx is still an option.

Or Follies, according to every tuscl.net member who been to Atlanta.
  • GoVikings
    12 years ago
    I saw Big Boi when he was on First Take a couple days ago. He was pretty good. I love Outkast.
  • staxwell
    12 years ago
    Patriots will be the last team standing.

Big Boi's new album is really nice.

I hate how mainstream follies is becoming. Does that make me a hipster?

Has anyone been to Diamonds yet? If so how'd you like it?

Onyx...lol

How long did you cry last weekend, GoVikes? I mean...of all teams to lose to...the Packers! That had to sting.
  • GoVikings
    12 years ago
    Stax, Pats will lose in AFC title game to Denver. And nah, it wasn't so bad. Vikings exceeded expectations this season and did a lot better than anyone expected, including myself.
  • Clackport
    12 years ago
    Andre 3000>Big Boi

Anyways, you both are wrong. Houston will beat Denver in the AFC Championship Game.
  • staxwell
    12 years ago
    Humble in defeat. I like it, Vikes. The Vikings definitely exceeded expectations. Not even Peyton "Super Jesus" Manning has the power to carry the Broncs through that far.

Aww, Texans fans can finally be apart of the playoff conversation. Maybe next year, Ranukam.

And Andre & Big Boi compliment each other, man! We all know who's better. But that kinda stuff is supposed to stay unspoken.
  • GoVikings
    12 years ago
    ranukam, I hope you're right because i dislike the Pats, but there's no way they'll lose at home to Houston.
  • Clackport
    12 years ago
    Stax- "Texans fans can finally be a part of the playoff conversation". Huh??? Bro, we were in the playoffs last year and we advanced to the second round just like this year.

I don't need to tell you this (because you already know), but 2 years ago the Patriots beat the Jets in the regular season 45-3, however when it counted the most the Jets beat the Patriots in the playoffs that year. My point is just because the Patriots blew out the Texans in the regular season doesn't mean they will beat the Texans in the playoffs.
  • GoVikings
    12 years ago
    So the Texans are your team, I never knew that. I always assumed you liked the Seahawks
  • Clackport
    12 years ago
    @govikings- Andre Johnson is my favorite player in the league so yeah I root for the Texans (when they're actually good LOL).

I have no interest in the Seahawks.
  • staxwell
    12 years ago
    "Stax- "Texans fans can finally be a part of the playoff conversation". Huh??? Bro, we were in the playoffs last year and we advanced to the second round just like this year."

I know. I was just trying to be an asshole.
  • minnow
    12 years ago
    FYI- Denver has played 3 of the 4 remaining teams in the NFC hunt in prior Super Bowls. They beat Green Bay (1998), Atlanta (1999), and lost to SF 49ers (1990). A rematch with any team should be interesting.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion