tuscl

Downtown Abbey and Strippers?

At the Vancouver hotel with my Toronto dancer sweetie waiting for our flight to Hawaii last night. Sweetie talks me into watching this Downtown Abbey episode last night. I had never seen this thing before but sweetie is addicted to it.

Holy Fuck! That big old castle. Those scores of servants. What a boooooooring lifestyle. Does the lord actually do anything productive?

Got me to thinking about my big old house back on my farm in Alberta. No servants. The neighbour's wife cleans the place weekly for me. However, I could see myself hiring a hot maid. Of course, the lady would be required to provide other personal 'services' beyond keeping the house in good order. Hah!......fat chance of finding an employee like that in Alberta's current red hot economy.

Did any of those female servants at Downtown Abbey provide such services to that foppish lord?

7 comments

• vincemichaels
    12 years ago
    OF COURSE !!
  • jackslash
    12 years ago
    Art, I think it's "Downton Abbey", although "Downtown Abbey" would be good too.

I watched a couple episodes, but it wasn't for me. Women, I suspect, like the idea of living in a big mansion with lots of servants. They would never again have to hear, "Bitch, beer me!"
  • TortillaChip
    12 years ago
    Didn't somebody post a maid service on here recently? I bet you could hire some them girls lol
  • Doc_Holliday
    12 years ago
    Downton Abbey is kind of 'high brow' humor. You got a smart chick this time?
  • Electronman
    12 years ago
    Downton Abbey is a soap opera set among the British aristocracy in the years leading up to and following WWI. My wife watches it; I prefer sports, Nova, and the sound of fingernails on chalk boards. Lots of pretty women in fancy gowns but no skin and only implied promiscuity. No wonder the British empire crumbled-- they were bored to death.

• farmerart
    12 years ago
    @jackslash,

LOL! Thanks for correcting my spelling. Shows how much attention I paid to the show last night. I must admit that I spent most of the episode playing with my sweetie's tits not watching the show. She kept slapping my hands away. Sweetie is really into this soap opera; apparently it is a long running series.

@Doc_Holliday,

Yeah, this sweetie has a brain, speaks five languages, is an older woman (42), claims a university degree from Hungary.
  • londonguy
    12 years ago
    It's filmed at Highclere Castle not far from London, very exclusive and expensive to stay there. I have been there a few times, nearly every time I bump into a celebrity or two. As for the programme itself, it's not for me. Don't care for period dramas.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion