tuscl

Forgiveness, Mercy, Grace and Love

JuiceBox69
Fucking on Young N Dumb Chicken Heads
In light of the recent tragic events this is a few passages to help keep the heart and the.head in the.correct places although yes it has caused much pain, grief and sorrow....may the Gods of all of us and them bring us wholeness, love , peace and Forgiveness

Romans 12:17-21 ESV / 110 helpful votes

Repay no one evil for evil, but give thought to do what is honorable in the sight of all. If possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all. Beloved, never avenge yourselves, but leave it to the wrath of God, for it is written, “Vengeance is mine, I will repay, says the Lord.” To the contrary, “if your enemy is hungry, feed him; if he is thirsty, give him something to drink; for by so doing you will heap burning coals on his head.” Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Ephesians 4:32 ESV / 86 helpful votes

Be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, as God in Christ forgave you.

Ephesians 4:31-32 ESV / 65 helpful votes

Let all bitterness and wrath and anger and clamor and slander be put away from you, along with all malice. Be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, as God in Christ forgave you.

Matthew 5:44 ESV / 65 helpful votes

But I say to you, Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you,

Mark 11:25 ESV / 54 helpful votes

And whenever you stand praying, forgive, if you have anything against anyone, so that your Father also who is in heaven may forgive you your trespasses.”

John 15:12 ESV / 48 helpful votes

“This is my commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you.

Luke 6:27 ESV / 46 helpful votes

“But I say to you who hear, Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you,

Matthew 6:14-15 ESV / 39 helpful votes

For if you forgive others their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you, but if you do not forgive others their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.

Matthew 5:43-48 ESV / 39 helpful votes

“You have heard that it was said, ‘You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy.' But I say to you, Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, so that you may be sons of your Father who is in heaven. For he makes his sun rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the just and on the unjust. For if you love those who love you, what reward do you have? Do not even the tax collectors do the same? And if you greet only your brothers,what more are you doing than others? Do not even the Gentiles do the same? ...

Matthew 18:21-22 ESV / 34 helpful votes

Then Peter came up and said to him, “Lord, how often will my brother sin against me, and I forgive him? As many as seven times?” Jesus said to him, “I do not say to you seven times, but seventy times seven.

Luke 23:34 ESV / 27 helpful votes

And Jesus said, “Father, forgive them, for they know not what they do.” And they cast lots to divide his garments.

Matthew 18:15 ESV / 26 helpful votes

“If your brother sins against you, go and tell him his fault, between you and him alone. If he listens to you, you have gained your brother.

Colossians 3:13 ESV / 22 helpful votes

Bearing with one another and, if one has a complaint against another, forgiving each other; as the Lord has forgiven you, so you also must forgive.

1 John 1:9 ESV / 21 helpful votes

If we confess our sins,he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

Colossians 3:12-14 ESV / 21 helpful votes

Put on then, as God's chosen ones, holy and beloved, compassionate hearts, kindness, humility, meekness, and patience, bearing with one another and, if one has a complaint against another, forgiving each other; as the Lord has forgiven you, so you also must forgive. And above all these put on love, which binds everything together in perfect harmony.

Ephesians 4:31 ESV / 20 helpful votes

Let all bitterness and wrath and anger and clamor and slander be put away from you, along with all malice.

Ephesians 4:26-27 ESV / 19 helpful votes

Be angry and do not sin; do not let the sun go down on your anger, and give no opportunity to the devil.

1 Corinthians 13:1-13 ESV / 17 helpful votes

If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal. And if I have prophetic powers, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. If I give away all I have, and if I deliver up my body to be burned, but have not love, I gain nothing. Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; ...

Matthew 6:12 ESV / 17 helpful votes

And forgive us our debts, as we also have forgiven our debtors.

Proverbs 19:11 ESV / 17 helpful votes

Good sense makes one slow to anger, and it is his glory to overlook an offense.

Proverbs 10:12 ESV / 17 helpful votes

Hatred stirs up strife, but love covers all offenses.

Luke 17:3-4 ESV / 16 helpful votes

Pay attention to yourselves! If your brother sins,rebuke him, and if he repents, forgive him, and if he sins against you seven times in the day, and turns to you seven times, saying, ‘I repent,' you must forgive him.”

Romans 12:19 ESV / 15 helpful votes

Beloved, never avenge yourselves, but leave it to the wrath of God, for it is written, “Vengeance is mine, I will repay, says the Lord.”

Romans 1:1-32 ESV / 15 helpful votes

Paul, a servant of Christ Jesus, called to be an apostle, set apart for the gospel of God, which he promised beforehand through his prophets in the holy Scriptures, concerning his Son, who was descended from David according to the flesh and was declared to be the Son of God in power according to the Spirit of holiness by his resurrection from the dead, Jesus Christ our Lord, through whom we have received grace and apostleship to bring about the obedience of faith for the sake of his name among all the nations, ...

Proverbs 16:32 ESV / 15 helpful votes

Whoever is slow to anger is better than the mighty, and he who rules his spirit than he who takes a city.

Luke 17:4 ESV / 13 helpful votes

And if he sins against you seven times in the day, and turns to you seven times, saying, ‘I repent,' you must forgive him.”

Luke 17:3 ESV / 12 helpful votes

Pay attention to yourselves! If your brother sins,rebuke him, and if he repents, forgive him,

Matthew 18:21-35 ESV / 12 helpful votes

Then Peter came up and said to him, “Lord, how often will my brother sin against me, and I forgive him? As many as seven times?” Jesus said to him, “I do not say to you seven times, but seventy times seven. “Therefore the kingdom of heaven may be compared to a king who wished to settle accounts with his servants. When he began to settle, one was brought to him who owed him ten thousand talents. And since he could not pay, his master ordered him to be sold, with his wife and children and all that he had, and payment to be made. ...

Luke 6:31 ESV / 11 helpful votes

And as you wish that others would do to you, do so to them.

Ephesians 4:29 ESV / 10 helpful votes

Let no corrupting talk come out of your mouths, but only such as is good for building up, as fits the occasion, that it may give grace to those who hear.

Proverbs 3:5 ESV / 10 helpful votes

Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding.

Hebrews 13:4 ESV / 9 helpful votes

Let marriage be held in honor among all, and let the marriage bed be undefiled, for God will judge the sexually immoral and adulterous.

Colossians 3:19 ESV / 9 helpful votes

Husbands, love your wives, and do not be harsh with them.

Matthew 6:14 ESV / 9 helpful votes

For if you forgive others their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you,

Proverbs 3:6 ESV / 9 helpful votes

In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths.

2 Corinthians 6:14 ESV / 8 helpful votes

Do not be unequally yoked with unbelievers. For what partnership has righteousness with lawlessness? Or what fellowship has light with darkness?

Acts 17:28 ESV / 8 helpful votes

For “‘In him we live and move and have our being'; as even some of your own poets have said, “‘For we are indeed his offspring.'

Luke 14:8-11 ESV / 8 helpful votes

“When you are invited by someone to a wedding feast, do not sit down in a place of honor, lest someone more distinguished than you be invited by him, and he who invited you both will come and say to you, ‘Give your place to this person,' and then you will begin with shame to take the lowest place. But when you are invited, go and sit in the lowest place, so that when your host comes he may say to you, ‘Friend, move up higher.' Then you will be honored in the presence of all who sit at table with you. For everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, and he who humbles himself will be exalted.”

Matthew 6:1-34 ESV / 8 helpful votes

“Beware of practicing your righteousness before other people in order to be seen by them, for then you will have no reward from your Father who is in heaven. “Thus, when you give to the needy, sound no trumpet before you, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, that they may be praised by others. Truly, I say to you, they have received their reward. But when you give to the needy, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, so that your giving may be in secret. And your Father who sees in secret will reward you. “And when you pray, you must not be like the hypocrites. For they love to stand and pray in the synagogues and at the street corners, that they may be seen by others. Truly, I say to you, they have received their reward. ...

Matthew 5:32 ESV / 8 helpful votes

But I say to you that everyone who divorces his wife, except on the ground of sexual immorality, makes her commit adultery, and whoever marries a divorced woman commits adultery.

Isaiah 43:17 ESV / 8 helpful votes

Who brings forth chariot and horse, army and warrior; they lie down, they cannot rise, they are extinguished, quenched like a wick:

1 Peter 3:7 ESV / 7 helpful votes

Likewise, husbands, live with your wives in an understanding way, showing honor to the woman as the weaker vessel, since they are heirs with you of the grace of life, so that your prayers may not be hindered.

James 4:5 ESV / 7 helpful votes

Or do you suppose it is to no purpose that the Scripture says, “He yearns jealously over the spirit that he has made to dwell in us”?

2 Timothy 3:16 ESV / 7 helpful votes

All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness,

Ephesians 6:1 ESV / 7 helpful votes

Children, obey your parents in the Lord, for this is right.

Galatians 5:13 ESV / 7 helpful votes

For you were called to freedom, brothers. Only do not use your freedom as an opportunity for the flesh, but through love serve one another.

Romans 14:19 ESV / 7 helpful votes

So then let us pursue what makes for peace and for mutual upbuilding.

John 13:34-35 ESV / 7 helpful votes

A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another. By this all people will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

2 Timothy 3:17 ESV / 6 helpful votes

That the man of God may be competent, equipped for every good work.

Luke 11:4 ESV / 6 helpful votes

And forgive us our sins,for we ourselves forgive everyone who is indebted to us. And lead us not into temptation.”

John 10:34 ESV / 4 helpful votes

Jesus answered them, “Is it not written in your Law, ‘I said, you are gods'?

16 comments

• vincemichaels
    12 years ago
    Thanks for sharing these words of wisdom in our time of grief.
  • rickdugan
    12 years ago
    Those are very nice words. But I have another thought.

I'd like to take his father somewhere very private and torture him with exquisite precision. I would make it last and quietly soak in every scream, sob and pleam. And when he finally starts begging just to die, then I would have him explain just how his son came to this point and what he knew about his sons plans. If he convinced me that he told me everything, then I would put him down.

I am obviously not feeling very rational at the moment - I want someone to pay for this and the father is the most logical target.
  • rickdugan
    12 years ago
    Btw, that was just an expression of rage and deep sorrow, not a game plan. LOL.
  • mikeya02
    12 years ago
    I try to believe those words, Juice, but I also believe in "an eye for an eye", and "those who live by the sword, die by the sword".
  • Dougster
    12 years ago
    There was an interesting piece of CNN after a previous shooting (and it is sad commentary that there have been so many shootings these days that I can't remember which one) about the effect these things have on families and survivors. Many were never able to recover at all after something this devastating.

Survivor guilt is one issues many have to deal with. You also hear of other serious problems like alcohol addictions developing or one person who became so fearful of everything that he was not able to leave the house after that. Even more serious psychosis in some cases. I'm glad the president is aware of this and said he will spare no expense in counselling to help family members and survivors. I also hope treatment has developed over the decades.

Another interesting part of the piece was that for some survivors forgiveness is integral to their survival, but for others never forgiving is integral to their survival. (And we see something of the two needs manifest in this thread.)

Something good will arise, in time, from this which was so bad.
  • crazyjoe
    12 years ago
    Good work Juice. That was nice.
  • JuiceBox69
    12 years ago
    Thanks boys its nice to.get some good words on this board....love is nice....keep passing it......

Rick that made me laugh my ass off and I feel those same Damn emotions bro that Shit wasn't kool
  • georgmicrodong
    12 years ago
    People like this almost make me wish there *was* an afterlife that involved eternal torture for some people.

Almost.
  • JuiceBox69
    12 years ago
    Georga.I fuckin agree with.that.maan
  • gatorfan
    12 years ago
    •I just won't get into a pissing contest with that skunk.

- Dwight D(avid) Eisenhower

•Better to have him inside the tent pissing out, than outside pissing in.

- Lyndon B(aines) also called LBJ Johnson

• gatorfan
    12 years ago
    also called BJ
  • motorhead
    12 years ago
    There have been reports the shooter may have had Asperger's.

I know someone with a son who has AS and when this kid was 7 or 8 years old (long before he was diagnosed) I warned that this kid was going to grow up to be the next Unabomber. Extreme intelligence, uncontrollable rage, and socially awkward - not a good combination.

Signs need to be recognized and dealt with, not just write another scrip for Ritalin.
  • Dougster
    12 years ago
    Did he turn out to be the next unabomber? Aspies tend very much to be on the pacifist side, but I guess there are exceptions.

I remember Dudester here who confessed to being HFA who threatened to come after a couple of us here with IRL because he didn't like things we had to say. Also hated atheists and refereed to all women, big just strippers, ad "commodities ".

Mostly though aspies which is about to be blurred with HFA are harmless.
  • motorhead
    12 years ago
    No - but after he took a knife to his sister, he got some treatment. At least teachers and family knew what they were dealing with. Doesn't drive. Still lives at home. Geeky as fuck, but I don't fear anything like the CT shooting anymore
  • Dougster
    12 years ago
    What was the unabomber's DX? Seemed like a hybrid of schizoid + narcissitic + anti-social PDs to me. Did the unabomber get an ASD DX too? (There is some conjecture that schizoid PD is just a less extreme end of the specturum of the autism spectrum disorders.)
  • JuiceBox69
    12 years ago
    Aspis
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion