tuscl

Nomination for Darwin awards.

shadowcat
Atlanta suburb
A Gastonia man tried to steal a police car while officers were responding to an incident outside a local strip club early Wednesday, according to police.

Jason Eric Tate, 39, of 4700 Can Do Court, is accused of climbing into a 2002 Ford Crown Victoria patrol car owned by the Gastonia Police Department and trying to steal it.

The incident happened around 3 a.m. while officers were responding to a car breaking-and-entering call at Leather and Lace, 512 W. Main Ave., Gastonia.

Although the police report on Tate's charges is incomplete, he tried to steal the patrol car and reportedly resisted Officer C.E. Nelson, according to arrest warrants.

11 comments

• vincemichaels
    12 years ago
    Too bad he didn't succeed.
  • txtittyfan
    12 years ago
    He just needs to try again.
  • gatorfan
    12 years ago
    Go for grand theft auto
  • carolynne
    12 years ago
    probably so drunk he confused it with his own car.
  • rh48hr
    12 years ago
    "But officer, this is MY car, Go get your own. Finders-keepers."
  • Electronman
    12 years ago
    So Gastonia, Al has a 10 year old Crown Vic still in service?? What a dummy. Jason Eric Tate of 4700 Can NOT Do Court should have tried to steal a more recent model police car.
  • harrydave
    12 years ago
    I love the Darwin Awards. Is it wrong to laugh at the misfortune of idiots?
  • carolynne
    12 years ago
    i hope not... otherwise i shouldn't be on tuscl.
  • Tiredtraveler
    12 years ago
    Don't have to be killed or sterilized involutarily to qualify for the Darwin awards. Darwin awards are the self cleansing of the gene poll of dumbasses who kill themselves before they breed or make themselves unable to breed.
    Sorry for the blank post computer fart above.
  • carolynne
    12 years ago
    i thought it was a zen post
  • mmdv26
    12 years ago
    Can Do Court? Must be in the Macho Heights subdivision.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion