tuscl

Don't you hate it when...

Don't you hate it when you forget a strippers stage name and only remember her real name? I'm thinking someone might not be pleased if I started yelling out their real name at the strip club to get their attention.

13 comments

• chandler
    19 years ago
    Of course, we are just another john, but they're dumb not to conceal it better. I'm only reassures when a stripper feels free to call me something like Asshole or Shithead, like a true friend would.
  • RomanticLover
    19 years ago
    If you have an actual FRIENDSHIP with a stripper where you spend time with her OUTSIDE THE CLUB for FREE you may be less likely to have this problem.
  • casualguy
    19 years ago
    Another reason why you may have forgotten a dancers stage name is because you talk to her a lot more outside the club and almost never see her dancing at the club she works at. On the other hand a dancers stage name doesn't really seem that important to me if the music is so loud you have to be seen to be noticed anyway.

I'm not great with remembering names anyway though. In certain cases though, I will take some extra effort to remember someones name.
  • davids
    19 years ago
    Speaking of Charlie Sheen, I remember that he is a big hero on TUSCL b/c he said something cute but not really believable like "I don't pay women for sex, I pay them to leave". Anyway, Sheen's always been a bit whacko, but I think you guys will love his latest "theories" regarding 9/11:

http://www.infowars.com/articles/sept11/…

Anyway, good to see his thinking on 9/11 is about as sound as his thinking on paid sex is.
  • AbbieNormal
    19 years ago
    FONDL, I agree with you if you are talking about a club where I might be a regular looking to establish a regular dancer. If they are putting forth an effort I usually respond likewise if I'm interested. Lately I'm not into regulars and most of my visits are of the one-time variety. With those I do just fine with a stage name, and while I understand the dancers are looking at a longer term bottom line by establishing a sense of "gee you're special", in most cases I know I'll probably never see them again.
  • FONDL
    19 years ago
    I've found that some dancers will tell you their "real" name (which may also be fake) and give you their cel phone number or email address (some dancers maintain special ones just for customer contact) and tell you they'd like to see you again in order to make you feel special and get you to come back for more. They don't do it with everyone, just customers who are polite, but that's a pretty long list. I like when girls do that, it shows that they're serious about their jobs and are willing to put forth a little extra effort to please you. It's good marketing. When girls do that I make an extra effort to remember their names. In fact if I plan to see them again I'll usually write some notes to myself when I get to my car so that next time I can remember.
  • casualguy
    19 years ago
    I believe guys in general are better with visual and/or spatial memory. For instance while females may be better with language and possibly names, guys can remember pretty well the shape of a girls breast for instance. I believe I can remember the shape of a girl better than her name. What's funny about this is that I remember running into a girl or two years later and not recognizing her. Then she flashed me her boobs and then said, "do you remember me now?" I would say yes whether I did or not. Lol. Forgetting things isn't all that bad.
  • AbbieNormal
    19 years ago
    I usually don't care about their real names. I don't ask, but a few have told me. I don't really see the purpose other than to create a sense of intimacy, but I'd rather do that in the LD room than by having an extra name to remember.
  • hugevladfan
    19 years ago
    I guess that's why I juss limit myself to a few dancers here and there.
  • chandler
    19 years ago
    I forget dancers' stage names and real names all the time. It doesn't bother me. I can just call her My Pet or Hey You. I'd rather conserve my precious memory capacity for more important factoids like.....well, I can't remember any right now.
  • JC2003
    19 years ago
    Memory is one of the first things to go with age, haha. But seriously, just ask a waitress or another dancer what her stage name is.
  • hugevladfan
    19 years ago
    never had that problem once. Even someone I consider pretty close it's easy to differentiate between the two names for moi.
  • DandyDan
    19 years ago
    What's really weird is when you remember the dancer's stage name from the club she used to work at. One of my favorite's stage name at my favorite club is Silver, but she used to be Diamond at the club I first met her at. I called for her, and the "real" Diamond, who was sitting next to her at the time, came over. It was just weird.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion