tuscl

Rail tipping around the nation.

AbbieNormal
Maryland
Here's a topic that doesn't get a lot of attention, rail tipping. I personally like to sit stageside and tip till a dancer catches my eye. Across the country I've seen a lot of different ways that tipping is done or allowed. In Pittsburgh you leave the tip on the stage. In Canada you lie on your back on the stage with the tip in your mouth (God I love Canada!). Any other unique tipping other than the standard slip it in the g-string/garter?

17 comments

• Yoda
    18 years ago
    Tip Walking is not a law any place. Girls tip walk in clubs where the law says they can not accept tips at the stage.
    I experienced the tip walk in Philly and San Diego last year. If you ask me it's a great opportunity for a lady to go after private dances. If you have even half a personality you should be able to get some percentage of guys to say yes...My observation was that the batting average was a lot better in the moderately upscale club in San Diego than it was in the neighborhood dive in downtown Philly. I bought a dance from a cute black dancer in Philly that I never would have approached normally. She came by and graciously asked if I enjoyed her show. I handed her five bucks (it was going to be two bucks but she was so nice I reached into the “fives” pocket) and we struck up a conversation. The next thing I knew we where headed for the PD area. A surprising and pleasant experience.
  • Isn't tipwalking around the club the law in San Diego and Milwaukee? I've been two SC's in both cities and that is all they do.
  • FONDL
    18 years ago
    A lot of PA neighborhood pastie clubs have the stage inside the bar. There are few if any tables or seats away from the bar, everyone sits at a big rectangular bar and the girls dance on a raised stage in the middle of it, then circulate for tips. Club Risque in Bristol, one of my favorites, is like that. So is Playhouse Lounge in Burlington, NJ.
  • chandler
    18 years ago
    I've never seen a stage inside a bar. At some Detroit clubs, they dance on top of the bar, in addition to the main stage and satellite stages. Usually, there are 4 or 5 spots each girl will dance one song at in rotation. You can snag her as she passes by on the way to her next spot, but she can't take long to talk. It's better to engage her while she's crawling around on the bar.
  • FONDL
    18 years ago
    I like clubs where the stage is inside the bar so the girls have to circulate after their dance to get tips. It gives you a chance to talk to each girl for a minute or two. I especially like how it's done at McDoogals in suburban Maryland - the girls crawl around naked on top of the bar. It's kinda fun having a naked girl laying on the bar in front of you flirting with you. Makes it real easy to hook up for some companionship and a dance or three.
  • FunSeeker
    18 years ago
    Most of the clubs that I visit, dancers retrieve the doller bills by their boobs from the patrons' mouth, and also they accept the tips placed on the g-strings.

In Seattle area clubs, the dollar bills have be placed on the dance floor! Absolutely no contact with the dancers.
  • ShotDisc
    18 years ago
    Shadow- I understand your sentiments regarding Sammy's. It is the best of a bad SC city. I prefer eye candy to nothing at all.
  • In Concepts in Lawrenceburg, Ind. (15-20 min. from Cincinnati), you put your tip in your mouth. Most of the strippers smother you in their chests before they take your dollar away with their boobs.
  • chandler
    18 years ago
    Some other stage tipping customs I've mentioned before:

At Brad's Brass Flamingo in Indianapolis, the girls crawl down between your legs, nibble and nuzzle away and sometimes give you a nice humjob through your pants.

At clubs in Washington Park, Illinois, next to East St. Louis, girls come off the stage and give lap dances for up to a full song. Last week, I dined at the Y at stages at two different joints (and I do mean different - one was a dive and the other an over-the-top glitz palace).

By the way, very few clubs I've been to have any kind of "rail" at the stage, and I can't remember the last time I had to resort to slipping a tip in the stripper's garter. These two facts of my experience may not be unrelated.
  • chandler
    18 years ago
    As I've pointed out a few times before, stage diving is as common in parts of Michigan and Indiana as it is in Ontario. In fact, it's higher mileage around here with more contact than what I've typically seen in Canada, except for the stripper's pussy being covered. You see more of it around here, because Canadians don't usually tip much. I used to think it was because they don't have bills smaller than $5, but I've been told staqge tipping has always run against Canadians' instincts for whatever reason, even back when they had paper $1 bills.
  • chasman
    18 years ago
    AN: I love Canada too, that's why I live here, but if you try that trick in a British Columbia strip club you're likely to have a bouncer grab you by your ankles and drag you out of the club. Stage tipping is still pretty rare in this part of the country and most of the times I do see it happen its American tourists (judging by the fact that they tip with US$ or can't tell our fives from our tens) who get absolutely nothing for their money. Heck, rail tipping (or rather, its attendant bonuses) is one of the reasons I love Las Vegas clubs.

BC liquor laws prohibit any contact between entertainer and customer. A couple of clubs get around it by having lap dance areas in what literally constitutes a different address where you can't take your drink or by not serving alcohol. And I won't say I've never had a stage dancer rest her ankles on my shoulders or rub my shaven head, but never as a result of tipping and in no way that compares to what I've gotten stageside at Vegas clubs.
  • FONDL
    18 years ago
    At Show-n-Tell Showbar in Philly, the girls lay on their backs on stage with legs apread and the guys crumple up bills and throw them to try to hit the kitty. There's some prize when you do but I forget what it is. That's the only way to tip girls on stage because there's a rope separating customers from the stage about 5 feet in front of the stage. And there aren't any seats near the stage, you have to stand or sit on your cooler - it's BYOB. But a very wild place.
  • mtnboy49
    18 years ago
    The club at Laurel Montana it is on the stage with a bill on yur nose and sometimes the dancer takes it with her kitty sometimes with her boobs.

The nude side of The Bush Company in Phoenix it is lay on the stage style. Lighting is pretty bad so can't see what is coming toward you there
  • minnow
    18 years ago
    SC&LP: I've been to 2 dif clubs in Phoenix area where lying on stage & tipping was derigeur. Both were nude clubs. Otherwise, its Canada or Amsterdam.
  • DandyDan
    18 years ago
    Lying on the stage and tipping is de rigeur at the Out House in Lawrence, Kansas, but unless you tip a lot (more than $1) I've never noticed it happening anywhere else. For the most part, most of the places I go to are places where rail tipping doesn't involve much physical contact, but that may be just the Midwest for you.
  • lopaw
    18 years ago
    "In the U.S. this seems to be reserved for females only. DISCRIMINATION!"

Heh heh heh heh ;)
  • ShotDisc
    18 years ago
    at sammy's in Birmingham you place the tip between the dancers boobs and she squeezes them together to take it. not too easy for the flat chested girls
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion