tuscl

Should a manager of a club recommend girls to customers cold?

I walk in to a club (I hate) to see a regular who isn't there, the manager comes over to me makes some small talk and proceeds to recommend a girl to me who was sitting alone. I was never asked by him what kinda girl I liked and I was surprised that he would juss up and point to one without even knowing the type I was into.

13 comments

• hugevladfan
    18 years ago
    If one has some sort of relationship with a manager it's one thing but at the least I would expect the guy in charge to simply ask what kind of girl are you into? Otherwise chances are there is some sort of benefit being accrued by the manager for steering business to a certain one. While I am not a small talk kind of person, espesh in this place (which I am none too fond of in the first place) I can appreciate a manager trying to know his clientele but to steer a stranger (me) without further prodding my likes and dislikes juss screams sumpin else.
  • chandler
    18 years ago
    Yoda, I'm not being adversarial. I simply believe managers and other non-service staff do their jobs best by being inconspicuous.
  • DandyDan
    18 years ago
    At my favorite club, one of the people who works there will point out the new girls and tries to get me to decide on one of them, but I just ignore him. I think he just does it so that all the dancers get something.
  • Yoda
    18 years ago
    The manager of one of my favorite clubs never charges me a cover and usualy buys me a drink when I come in. We shoot the breeze and he moves on. He's never suggested that I try a certain dancer and I doubt he ever will. I don't see the need for the customer/club manager relationship to be adversarial.
  • chandler
    18 years ago
    Managers should not speak to customers unless spoken to, so the answer is definitely no.
  • parodyman-->
    18 years ago
    Clifbar: You catcher's mitt of cumm, you are right! I do have a great marriage. I don't do anything on the side. I have a completely honest relationship and don't have to hide anything I choose to do. Nor do I get any shit for it.

Excuse the pun but... On the other hand do you get jealous when davids JERKS OFF with the LEFT HAND instead of YOU? His "RIGHT HAND MAN."
  • parodyman-->
    18 years ago
    This is what davids / clifbar does when he dosen't want to answer a question. He calls me a homo and attacks my wife. Funny davids I am married and the only long term partner you have ever had is your "right hand man" Clifbar.
  • hugevladfan
    18 years ago
    If a manager was trying to be friendly (and I have no doubt he was) I would think he may ask what type of girl are you into? To serve up a blonde, not particularly attractive stripper to someone who may be into brunette, fuller women is juss bad service without ascertaining juss what it is the guy is into. My thought was that maybe the manager was in for sumpin, course when I did point to a girl I wanted to see he did get her to come over.....
  • parodyman-->
    18 years ago
    hey davids do you give kickbacks to the people you have blown when they give you a recomendation to someone else seeking a blow job? I doubt you say "thank you" because your mouth is usualy full.
  • davids
    18 years ago
    Forget it: chances are if they are recommending a girl to you it's not b/c they are looking out for your interests. They have something at stake. They are getting a kick back, or the strippers is a friend, giving them head, whatever.
  • FunSeeker
    18 years ago
    Not at all cold. May be, he or she is just doing the job or just being nice. Breaking the ice or make us feel free depending on the manager. It's the business and they have to do it to promote the club.

Managers and many times waitresses do recommend the dancers. This happened to me a few times. I think, it's great. They're being proactive.
  • parodyman-->
    18 years ago
    I like my dancers served up hot, or rested and warm, cold to me = raw. No good.
  • AbbieNormal
    18 years ago
    No, not cold. He may think he's doing his job, making the customer happy and helping the dancer make money, but most customers hate a hard sell. To a customer it seems like he's overselling and the girl might seem like damaged goods. Why does the manager have to push her? What's wrong with her? Etc.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion