tuscl

bleeding you dry

Friday, October 20, 2006 7:57 PM
So I am with my stripper du jour and after asking me if she can go spend time with another guy who had talked to her a bit while she was on stage (I said of course and they were together about 35 minutes, no problem as I got to catch up with someone else and chill in my rather melancholy state) we retire to the VIP room for a few hours. Conversation was decent (my melancholy mood maintained itself), contact was what I was looking for and it was about two hours (or a bit more) worth of time (13 or 14 dances). Since all I have in my wallet is hundies I give her $400 which I thought was generous, I figgered her time was worth more than $300 and I hate lowballing PLUS she has been more than fair with me in the past (I've spent similar amount for three plus hours). As we're walking out she asks you don't have anything for the bouncer? I said all I had were large bills and she responded well I guess you don't wanna make change. Since it was only $20, and I'm not haggling over $20 I gave her the tip. I was disappointed since I thought it violated our unspoken trust not to take 'advantage' of one another. Am I right to be disappointed or do past encounters have no bearing on future ones?

4 comments

• chandler
    18 years ago
    It was a cheap move on her part, but I'm not surprised she tried it. You appear careless to her about spending your money. Rounding it off to the nearest "hundie"? (cringe) She figures why let a guy who shows so little respect for his own money leave the club with any of it? It should rightfully be all hers! And she figured right, because you coughed it up. You should have told her tipping the staff was her responsibility. Was she being short-sighted? She might be thinking that anybody who throws money around at your clip isn't going to keep it up for long, so she might as well get all she can now. Or she might have you pegged as a guy who will feel disappointed for a few days, then come back for more. Or it might be the way she always operates. She's a stripper. Taking advantage is what she does.
  • DailyGrind
    18 years ago
    Sounds like something that should've been agreed upon beforehand. Being put on the spot like that was a definite foul. I also agree that 20 bucks for learning that lesson is getting away pretty cheap. DG
  • Jpac73
    18 years ago
    Huge: The dancer just showed her "true colors". She isn't your friend. She is looking out for the best interest of herself and other club employees. I guess if you coulud afford paying $400 then $20 wasn't much, although personally I would never tip that much to 1 person. That could be another lapdance.
  • AbbieNormal
    18 years ago
    I see your point, but it could be that she needs to take care of the bouncer. These things can be tricky. In general if I drop three bills I don't sweat a double sawbuck. I think you're right to keep a mental tab, just in case, but if it doesn't go too much furter I wouldn't complain.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion