tuscl

Right or wrong

I remember I was in the SC about a month ago and this dancer was upset because she had given 7 dances to this guy and he only gave her $20. The club people says that they can't do anything to the guy at all because he did pay you something for your time. I understand that dancer are independent contractors, however, do dancers have a right to be mad eventhough some dancers try to cheat the customers? Also if she went to court on the issue, does she even have a case at all?

12 comments

• jerikson40
    12 years ago
    I think it comes down to a "he said, she said" situation.

The court would say she probably had to prove a verbal contract existed, which means someone would have had to overhear them agree on a lapdance and a specific price. Without that, it's "he said, she said".

On the other hand, the club can toss anyone it wants for any reason, so they can say he was causing a disturbance or whatever and boot him.
  • mjx01
    12 years ago
    Sounds like a club that sells alcohol and thereby makes money off of customers buying drinks. So, the club isn't going to 'lose' their customer as long as the club is getting their cut.

In a lot of PA clubs, that would never happen. Most clubs I frequent take a % of each dance and you got to pay the going rate. The bouncer keep tabs on the number of dancer and what's happening (i.e. no funny business) like the guards at Fort Knox.
  • ilbbaicnl
    12 years ago
    Sometimes dancers don't make it clear to a customer what the cost is, and/or the club doesn't have standard prices that are posted on a large sign. From what I've seen, most clubs will boot and ban a guy who won't pay for his dances, unless he's very, very convincing that it was an honest misunderstanding about the cost.
  • jackslash
    12 years ago
    He wants to pay $20 for 7 dances? She should kick him in the balls.
  • motorhead
    12 years ago
    Dancers seem to want to be paid an hourly wage instead of being independent contractors. He paid her at a rate of about $60 per hour. Maybe he has been reading about the court cases.
  • gatorfan
    12 years ago
    But strippers are lying thieving whores
  • Dougster
    12 years ago
    Some clubs have signs stating LD prices, but I don't see those signs as much anymore. If there was a sign, you would think it would stick.

Most clubs have an implicit LD price but no sign. What the dancers usually charge. Sometimes a lying, thieving whore will try and charge me more than that when we don't agree to higher price before that. I just pay her the standard fee in that case no matter how much she rants and raves (only she sucked my dick and let me cum in her mouth, then I'll go with higher prices).

If it was a club where I didn't know the standard price I would always ask.

If there is no agreement beforehand and no standard price, I don't know who would win. I generally cheer for a customer over a lying theiving whore though.
  • joey2002
    12 years ago
    Dougster I agree with hating a lying, cheat dancer because I had one dancer try that on me and after I just pay for the regular rate, she came back 5 to 10 mins later for another dance. I just politely say no. Sometimes I know they need to hustle for money, however, it's baffles me by the cheating dancers because sometimes if you are honest then you get more money than trying to cheat.
  • Dougster
    12 years ago
    joey: "sometimes if you are honest then you get more money than trying to cheat."

Yep, but in many (I would say most) cases, I think there are motivations besides money. Many get a charge just from cheating for cheating's sake.
  • Otto22
    12 years ago
    There is a club in Florida that has a stated LD price of $10. One customer interpreted that to mean $10 total no matter how many dances one received. The bouncer tried to convince him that he must pay $10 per but the guy only had $20 on him and no credit or ATM cards. Soon after the club posted signs noting that the price was $10 PER DANCE,
  • kittykate
    12 years ago
    What kind of idiot really thinks that he can get 7 dances for $20. Obviously this guy was trying to rip off the dancer, so she def has a right to be pissed. Just because some strippers rip off customers doesn't make it ok for the customers to take advantage of the girls. Poor girl. Next time, I bet, she'll get that money upfront.
  • SofaKing
    12 years ago
    This is the type of scumball who gives mongers a bad name. He now has karma stink all over him, should be careful about even blinking.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion