Smoking in Michigan Clubs

clubdude
The Greater Detroit Area
As anyone knows that's been to a SC in Michigan, they seem to ignore the smoking ban. I see smokers lighting up all through the clubs with no worries. Sometimes right next to a no smoking sign. Recently I read the rules for a "Cigar Bar", and all the SC I've been too fail at these qualifications. Is there some loop hole the clubs are using, or is it the old fashioned way (payoff)? I believe the smoking ban has been in effect for a little over a year now?

8 comments

• shadowcat
    12 years ago
    It is not just Michigan. I have noticed the bans being ignored in Lexington KY, Greenville & Columbia SC. The club owners have chosen to ignore the law and pay the fines. The fines are a mis demenor and are extremely low. I myself got caught in a raid at a Columboa club. My fine was $25. I have since quit smoking but a $25 fine certainly would not stop me from smoking in a club.
  • shadowcat
    12 years ago
    Here is a link to how things are going in Lexington.

http://www.kentucky.com/2012/10/14/23719…
  • jackslash
    12 years ago
    The smoking ban has had an effect. Fewer strippers and customers smoke in the clubs. But some break the rules and nobody seems to care. Imagine people breaking the law in a Detroit strip club!
  • Alucard
    12 years ago
    Why don't you run for President Che? Or aren't you elitist enough to afford to. You can use jerikson40 as a VP.
  • SuperDude
    12 years ago
    As a Detroit cop said,"I have more important and life saving things to do than patrol strip clubs looking for smokers or arresting people for getting lap dances."
  • Estafador
    12 years ago
    Sounds pretty legit Superdude. That's a serious waste if you take your job as a PO seriously. I never found anyone smoking in the club, but if they did and they were near me, I would simply move away from them. If a majority of people are smoking, welp fucking this club, I don't want second hand smoke thank you.
  • Tiredtraveler
    12 years ago
    All the smoking ban means is the clubs have removed the ashtrays and give you a cup with water in the bottom instead. Although there seems to be a little less smoking going on than before. The dancers smoke less inside.
  • ilbbaicnl
    12 years ago
    The issue is, with jobs being tight, someone might be forced to take a job breathing smoke when it bothers them or they don't want to risk their health. Seems to me they just need to have a room, where the staff is not required to go (carry your own drink, food in), with the right ventilation system to keep the smoke out of the rest of the establishment.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion