tuscl

How is Tijuana

Longneck
Georgia
Saturday, October 6, 2012 4:40 AM
I'm planning to go to Tijuana for a few days during the next Comic-con in San Diego. But I often hear bad reports of issues in Zona Norte from guys who live in or used to live in Cali but I read great reviews here. So iI'm wondering if its worth the risk of a trip. Also going to a donkey show is on my bucket list and need suggestion for how to make that happen as well while there. Don't judge me I'm special.

13 comments

• Rod8432
    12 years ago
    Check out the Adelita's and Hong Kong reviews. It's all there (except for maybe the donkey shows).
  • vincemichaels
    12 years ago
    Keep an eye out also for the street urchin offering his sister. I was asked the last time I was down there.
  • Dougster
    12 years ago
    I want to check it out too. Maybe buy a beer for my buddy mikey-boy too, while I 'm passing through San Diego. What do you tell the border guys if they ask about what you are doing down there though?
  • mikeya02
    12 years ago
    Shopping
  • mikeya02
    12 years ago
    Just kidding Dougie boy. Its legal, remember? They don't care.
  • Dougster
    12 years ago
    So guys just tell them the truth? Doesn't that lead to a bunch of follow up questions? I'm thinking more of coming back too. I bet the Mexican guys going down are perfectly cool with it, but won't the US guys try and see if you were up to other mischief?
  • mikeya02
    12 years ago
    For petes sake Doug. People go down there to eat as well. Say you're going to try some killer tacos and burritos.
  • jester214
    12 years ago
    Be honest if you care that much. They can't do anything but search you, which they probably will, all they care about is that not bringing back drugs.
  • Longneck
    12 years ago
    Nobody's said a word about a donkey show though and also I was at work telling a girl about my bucket list trip and now she wants in. I can't take her though she 5'10 double Ds and about a 9 out of 10 she'd mess around and become the encore preformance.
  • mikeya02
    12 years ago
    Well if those shows still exist, you'll have to ask maybe a taxi driver. I was told they used to be in remote locations in some warehouse, or at a private club somewhere.
  • jester214
    12 years ago
    Someone I consider pretty in the know told me that donkey shows did happen in the past, but are no longer a real thing. Shadowcat who knows plenty about Mexico has stated they have never existed. Given that information, I'd forget about them.
  • shadowcat
    12 years ago
    Deceide for yourself. [view link]
  • inno123
    12 years ago
    Among frequent visitors Donkey Shows are now an urban myth. Note that you now need a passport or certain equivalents to get back. Check the State Department website. While some of the border cities such as Juarez have real violence problems Tijuana is not. On the other hand TJ has never been a city to not keep your wits about you.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion