tuscl

Buy me a Drink?

Over the last month or so I've noticed that dancers, in the course of introducing themselves to me, will ask me to buy them a drink. This happens even when I have made it clear that I'm not interested in their company.

I mean the girls are really pushing it. I have been in a few "hostess" bars in my youth. And I can't help but be reminded of them. It seems like the dancers making the least amount of money on dancing are pushing the drinks.

It could be that with SCs making less on dancer house fees, they are trying to recoup with drinks. Especially since they have raised drink prices to astronomical prices (along with ridiculously high cover fees).

6 comments

• Alucard
    12 years ago
    If you don't like the situation you have described, take your $$$ to another club. It is a pretty simple solution.
  • jester214
    12 years ago
    Some clubs require dancers sell X number of drinks, otherwise they pay to cover X amount. So obviously they will push you to buy.

This isn't new.

Personally I only buy a dancer a drink if it's my idea.
  • vincemichaels
    12 years ago
    I just say no and turn away from them.
  • SuperDude
    12 years ago
    In some Detroit clubs dancers have drink and dance quotas. They are expected to generate X dollars per shift in addition to the tip out fees. Failure to produce leads to a dancer being dropped.
  • Alucard
    12 years ago
    I rarely if ever agree with jester214, but his comment about the drink buying being his idea, I do agree with. LOL
  • nickifree
    12 years ago
    This story might shed some light on things.

http://www.statesman.com/news/business/a…
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion