tuscl

To Dress or Not to Dress

Wednesday, September 26, 2012 8:56 AM
Me an my friend were discussing about "can any person tell by way a person dress if they have money?" Then it got me thinking, can a dancer determine if a person have money by the way a person dress? Sometimes perception could be one thing however, it could be another. I would like your opinion on this topic.

65 comments

• Dougster
    12 years ago
    RickDugan says being the only guy in a dive club wearing a suit is the best way to score OTC. I say the guy's an idiot. Whores fuck for money and don't give a shit what you're wearing.
  • big_d_2011
    12 years ago
    Simple answer is No. I have worn everything from a shirt and tie to athletic shorts. Once they notice you tipping or buying dances, you are going to get attention most of the time. Of course there are those days when you could be flashing a Rolex and the girls just don't work the crowd!
  • JuiceBox69
    12 years ago
    Look man fuck suits and shit like that....juice goes in perv shorts so my dick can get rubbed on and tackin out with easy access and I wear a shirt like my mentor shadow does that says somthimg like " I'm looking for head " works every Goddamn time !
  • JuiceBox69
    12 years ago
    But y listen to me I'm only living with a dancer these days
  • Alucard
    12 years ago
    Go in wearing $20 bills! That will get you dances. LMFAO
  • canny
    12 years ago
    It also depends on the club. At one club in Pittsburgh wearing a suit will guarantee that you'll get ignored because no one who goes there wearing a suit spends money according to the strippers. At a different club in Pittsburgh, the opposite is true. Dress for yourself and don't worry about it. If you can afford it like farmerart can, follow Alucard's advice.
  • Rod8432
    12 years ago
    Kinda concur with the guys here. Maybe when first walking into an unfamiliar club, the way you dress, especially if appearing threatening or intimidating, it could affect how quickly you get approached. But I'm not like that, and have found once I start buying dances, the girls come around. I'm with Juice - I go for comfort and ease of access. In a high mileage club, my dick's flopping loose in thin cotton bedroom-type shorts. I've never had a problem and actually, a good percentage of girls appreciate the soft smooth cotton on their velvety twats, instead of rough jeans, zippers, and belt buckles.
  • Stiletto25
    12 years ago
    No
  • crazyjoe
    12 years ago
    a bouncer at a club once told me that a guy came in wearing a nice expensive suit and got 10 dances from a girl and didn't have ant money to pay. they tried all of his credit cards and none of them worked either. people are not always what they appear too be
  • Estafador
    12 years ago
    Fuck that dressing up shit. I bet you if I walk in with just passable clothes (shorts don't fly in NY clubs and neither do tank tops or similar male tops) and a diamond chain with a rolie on my DICK (that's a testament of you being black with money), bet you they treat me I'm jay z then
  • jabthehut
    12 years ago
    Alucard said it best in a different way. OTC will have a better chance of happening the more money you give a girl in the club. A suit might get you attention but if $$ is what gets you "In."
  • jester214
    12 years ago
    It can have an affect, but at the end of the day money talks loudest. If you've got it to spend, really doesn't matter what your wearing.
  • inno123
    12 years ago
    What you look like is irrelevant. Any dancer is going to hit you up whether you look like money or not. And then either you have the greebacks or you don't On the other hand if we are talking about ordinary lap dances here one thing that will help the degree of contact is wearing soft fabrics. Do you think they are going to like rubbing their soft skin against coarse denim or scratchy wool? Soft fabrics.
  • Alucard
    12 years ago
    You have that right inno123.
  • georgmicrodong
    12 years ago
    As near as I can figure, as long as you aren't dressed in a way that bothers a particular dancer's prejudices, it doesn't matter much at all how you dress. Neatness appears to count, as does cleanliness, but cash in hand seems to trump all but the worst offenders I've seen on both of those counts.
  • bang69
    12 years ago
    As a former sc employee i agree with Stiletto 100%. It doesn't matter if you go to a sc in a tux or jeans & t shirt. Its the money that matters
  • lopaw
    12 years ago
    No. Especially once you become known in a club as someone who spends $$$. You could show up in a ratty old bathrobe and still get dancer attention.
  • Dougster
    12 years ago
    Nobody to defend the pro "dress up" side? Ricky-boy?
  • Clubber
    12 years ago
    I've found that if I ride to a club and am in my biker persona, I get more attention than if I enter in civilian clothing. Perhaps the bad boy image.
  • Clubber
    12 years ago
    The above really holds true if it is a club I visit somewhat often, but rarely in biker mode.
  • shadowcat
    12 years ago
    Clubber - Your biker dress probably just scares them into giving you attention. :)
  • joey2002
    12 years ago
    That's probably true shadow cat.
  • joey2002
    12 years ago
    There are some clubs that have a dress code. It's hard to get comfortable if a person have to wear a suit in a club.
  • vincemichaels
    12 years ago
    Clubber is really a good guy, shadowcat. If the dancers think he's a bad ass, so much the better. :) As to the topic, for the most part, no it makes very little difference. If they want your money, they'll go for it.
  • Estafador
    12 years ago
    So what kind of pants are around that I can wear to the club with soft fabrics that not suit pants (slacks)?
  • Clubber
    12 years ago
    vm, Don't ruin my cred!
  • staxwell
    12 years ago
    "So what kind of pants are around that I can wear to the club with soft fabrics that not suit pants (slacks)?" Target has these black lounge pants that look like regular dress pants, but feel like nothing's there. Very thin, very soft.
  • Dougster
    12 years ago
    Rick too chicken to defend "the system" these days? Fuckin' pussy!
  • rickdugan
    12 years ago
    "Rick too chicken to defend "the system" these days? Fuckin' pussy!" LOL. I knew exactly how this thread was going to go the moment I saw it posted and saw little upside in getting involved. In fact, this is the first time that I bothered to open it since it was a few hours old. But here is my take: I agree that how one dresses is less relevant if one is a known quantity in a club, either through multiple visits or through spending a great deal of money during a particular visit. However, I am a road hound who visits most clubs only once or twice in a year and I have little interest in dropping a bundle inside most of them before I line up OTC. Being suited up simply helps in short cutting the process. Imagine the targeting process that occurs when a girl walks out of the dressing room. Let's say she sees 20 guys in the club, 6 of which she knows are either occupied or are some other girls' regulars and 6 of which she knows, through experience, are broke time wasters. So now she is down to 8 unknown guys that she can approach, one of which is dressed in a nice suit and the other 7 of which are in casual clothes. Who do YOU think she is going to approach first? Now rinse and repeat this scenario several times over and the result is a healthy flow of prospects coming to the suited guy at the bar. ;) OTC can be a game of numbers in some places. Not only are many of my club visits one time shots, but I often only have a couple of hours in which to find a receptive girl and to make the arrangements, so a steady flow of candidates can make all the difference. Over the years, I have actually tested this theory several times in my road clubs by going in one night in casual clothes and another night in my work suit. In almost every case, the difference in the amount of dancer flow to my seat was quite measurable. You can do what you want and I'm not saying that every guy needs to get suited up in order to find good prospects, but my gig works well for a road hound like me. :)
  • rickdugan
    12 years ago
    I should also add that it also often leads to the right conversation sooner, where she starts by asking me why I'm all dressed and I explain that I'm in town visiting a client, after which she asks what I do, to which I respond that I own a small company that does XYZ, after which she asks where I'm staying in town, etc., et al.
  • joey2002
    12 years ago
    That's true Rick
  • joey2002
    12 years ago
    Dress for success. However, there is that misconception that people who don't dress up could have more money than someone who wear a suit.
  • pjsands
    12 years ago
    Why would you want stripper make up on your nice suit? Can't really throw it in the wash....just my take. Sweatpants and gym shorts are just gross and it is clear you are a perv. I like to hide my pervertiousness by wearing normal shorts as I can look normal, but provides access during the dance if a girl is inclined.
  • joey2002
    12 years ago
    That's possible pjsands. However it does get cold inside the club.
  • rickdugan
    12 years ago
    "Why would you want stripper make up on your nice suit?" @pj, strippers aren't normally rubbing their faces on my suit, so I don't often have this problem. But that it what dry cleaners are for anyway. "Dress for success. However, there is that misconception that people who don't dress up could have more money than someone who wear a suit." @joey, it is very possible that someone who looks like a scrub could have more money than any other customer in the club. But strippers, like anyone else, are influenced by appearances. All else being equal, they are likely to focus in on guys who are sitting their in expensive suits while drinking good alcohol (on the rocks of course).
  • rickdugan
    12 years ago
    ^excuse the poor grammar - I was typing too quickly. ;)
  • joey2002
    12 years ago
    Rick I guess you change my mind then. That is a valid point to consider then.
  • JuiceBox69
    12 years ago
    I honestly believe it dosent matter what you wear as long as your clean and smell good you should be fine
  • staxwell
    12 years ago
    I agree with The Juice
  • joey2002
    12 years ago
    Yes but Rick do have a point. Like a job interview, if a person is applying for an law firm, you are not going to wear torn jeans and a t shirt. You would wear a suit or casual wear there. I say dress based on the environment
  • rickdugan
    12 years ago
    Look, I'm not advocating that anyone buy a suit and/or get uber dressed up just to go to a SC. I own several nice suits that I use for work and am usually already wearing one when I hit a road club. But just be clear about the reality that guys who look like they have more money will get more attention, at least initially. It just is. I suppose that there are other ways to approach this, but what I do works for me and has for some time now.
  • Papi_Chulo
    12 years ago
    ^^^ It’s been my experience that older guys sitting by themselves often get the most attention.
  • Papi_Chulo
    12 years ago
    “Like a job interview …” The SC world is bizarro world – it cannot really be compared to most real world situations.
  • shadowcat
    12 years ago
    Hey Rick - C'mon down to Follies. Wear your suit and sit with Joey & I. You will still get noticed. LOL.
  • Dougster
    12 years ago
    Well Rick you convinced the absolute newbie, but nobody else. Happy with yourself?
  • rickdugan
    12 years ago
    @Fraudster: I'm not trying to "convince" anyone of anything. I am simply sharing my experiences and viewpoints as a road hound. Anyone here can take it or leave it as he sees fit. @Shadow: I don't know if I could handle the type of attention that you two get. LOL.
  • ilbbaicnl
    12 years ago
    As long as you don't look like you might stink, the good dancers will come over and check you out. They will spend more or less time trying to get you interested depending on their guess of the $$$ prospects. I usually make my mind up in about 20 seconds if I want a dance, and then I'll ask for it if I want it. So if they're sitting there trying to make conversation for a long time, it's because I've already decided I don't want a dance, it's just a problem for me. If there are too many customers and too few good dancers, it may matter more to try to figure out how to look like you're ready to spend big money. But the girls will probably be kept busy by their regulars in a very busy club anyway.
  • JuiceBox69
    12 years ago
    Toss the cash and the ass will get tossed next....I promise
  • Dougster
    12 years ago
    Sure, Rick, nice attempt to save face as the whole system, and your ten years of work is exposed as the joke that it is. The new Ricky-boy minus the swag is so vanilla.
  • JuiceBox69
    12 years ago
    Ice ice baby.......lol
  • Clubber
    12 years ago
    For anyone that might wonder, this is a perfect example.
  • vincemichaels
    12 years ago
    OK, here is Clubber's rap sheet. 15 DUI's, one attempted murder, armed robbery(pled down to a misdemeanor) LMAO
  • Clubber
    12 years ago
    vm, I assume you, if anyone, grasps the meaning of my post above.
  • Estafador
    12 years ago
    I'm still wearing name brand clothes. Though I'm gonna try out those target pants (and match accordingly) and see what kind of response I get from them. Whether they approach me or not, its only a matter of time. From what I've seen, even if you get the scrub dancer, that entices the next dancer to come and then the next and then the next and if you keep going dance for dance, pretty soon before you hit even HALF of all the dancers, all of them will want to come and see you.
  • farmerart
    12 years ago
    In my experience dancers don't have a clue if a newcomer to the club has gobs of cash or is a brokeass bum. I dropped into a Red Deer, AB club after an unsuccessful venture to buy a second-hand tractor for my farm. I was packing $20k cash in my grubby overalls for that purchase. As it happens on that particular day I saw the most gorgeous dancer of my entire time in this hobby. Nothing I could do over four hours of the most pathetic begging would tempt her into going upstairs with me for lap dances. She flat out told me that there was no way in hell that she would give me a lap dance. I would bet that she had never encountered a customer with that amount of cash in her career as a dancer. Her loss.
  • Estafador
    12 years ago
    ............that doesn't help the fact that you need to dress for success. This also reveals to me that holy shit, you're really a farmer. WTH?
  • farmerart
    12 years ago
    ^^^^^ No, Estafador, I am not a farmer. I was raised on a farm and I live on a farm now. I use the the tractor for various chores around my place: cutting grass, prepping my vegetable garden, clearing snow, splitting firewood, etc.
  • vincemichaels
    12 years ago
    vm scratches his head (the one on his shoulders) I give up, Clubber. I can't figure out what you are talking about. It must be the light shorts I'm wearing outside today on the frozen tundra, it's about 48 degrees out.
  • rickdugan
    12 years ago
    @Fraudster: LOL. 10 years of work? System? Save face? You are a bit of a drama queen, no? If I ever that I had a "system" or worked for 10 years on anything, please feel free to correct me by pointing it out... With respect to "saving face", this is not an academic debate. I don't require anyone's validation of what I see and do. Just since joining this site 3 years ago, I've spent 200+ nights in over 100 clubs spread out all over the country. Over the last 15 years, I've spent several hundreds of nights in easily over 200 clubs. If a hundred screen names (notice I didn't say posters - LOL) posted that appearances don't matter for a guy who (1) is not a known quantity in the club; and (2) has not yet spent a lot of money, then all hundred of them would be wrong, nevermind devoid of common sense. That is my well informed opinion, though anyone else take it or leave it as they see fit.
  • Dougster
    12 years ago
    Lots of multiple aliases in this thread disagreeing that dress is important just to make you look bad, huh, Ricky? Think your sense of self-importance is a little high if you believe there is that kind of conspiracy against you. But I guess it's expected that a narcissist such as you would retreat into a paranoid fantasy world as a pillar of your system "dress is important" is knocked out from under you. Put on your tinfoil hat and talk to your shrink about it.
  • rickdugan
    12 years ago
    Narcissist? Conspiracy? Make you look bad? Tinfoil hat? Pillar of your system? LOL. Wow, that was all quite dramatic. :) Btw, a conspiracy requires two or more actual people to be involved. Just thought you might want to have your definitions straight. ;) But in responding tho this: "Think your sense of self-importance is a little high if you believe there is that kind of conspiracy against you." I would never presume to take the credit/blame for being the catalyst for some guy's need to maintain multiple fictional characters on this thing. That is the product of a much deeper psychosis. It seems that you have become emboldened recently, no doubt by the fact that you finally managed to post something that resembles an authentic review. LOL. But for the complete avoidance of doubt, one real review does not legitimize your comments, it just means that might have actually managed to visit one club and to post a real review to accompany several fraudulent ones. ;)
  • Dougster
    12 years ago
    Oh, now Ricky-boy has even lost the confidence to claim my reviews are "all fake". It's all crumbling for you isn't Ricky-boy? More material for you and your shrink to discuss. Good luck!
  • txtittyfan
    12 years ago
    I think only Lopaw should wear a dress in a club. It is truly amazing how Dougster has this continuing need to prove himself an asshole on TUSCL.
  • Estafador
    12 years ago
    txtittyfag, you call that sublime!? That's just borderline GAY bro. we definetely didn't need to read that.
  • Estafador
    12 years ago
    so you're saying.......your a tranny...or a drag??? Or am I reading too far into a joke.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion