tuscl

FOLLOW UP TO PET PEEVES

10inches
Florida
have you ever put a club on the "do not ever visit again" list? if so, why?

18 comments

• shadowcat
    12 years ago
    Too scary!
  • Corvus
    12 years ago
    It was just a nasty place, really nasty. Dirty, unfriendly staff, not all of them but some of them. Expensive drinks, poor chairs, dancers who were unattractive, and pasty covered air dances only. I'll never go there again and if I find another place like it I'll never go there again either. Although with TUSCL, I will probably be able to avoid those real nasty places. And I don't mean places with nasty girls.
  • Rod8432
    12 years ago
    Yes - several clubs in the Houston area. Dirty, scary, and oddly, quite expensive.
  • looneylarry
    12 years ago
    I just can't tolerate a place where the girls are not attractive but think they are, the management is intrusive and surly, they are always trying to upsell something, there are different angles to try and nickel-and-dime you, and the place is filthy and run-down. The disinterested, jaundiced dancer who comes over and basically tries to pull your wallet out of your pants with no flirting, no atmosphere, no effort at all? I chug my overpriced drink and run for the exit.
    12 years ago
    The Dream Palace in Phoenix, Arizona. Overpriced drinks, constant upsell, "mandatory" tipping, failure to deliver on advertised goods... Never again.
  • vincemichaels
    12 years ago
    After going through the metal detector at some club in the city of Hialeah, one of the Miami suburbs, I vowed never to return. I only stayed a few minutes to check out the "fuglies" dancing there. I kept an eye peeled as I walked through the parking lot and watched who was on the road with me for several minutes.
  • jackslash
    12 years ago
    Thirty years ago, living outside Chicago, I decided to stop at a strip club on my way home. Wearing my suit and tie, I walked inside and found a bar inhabited by bikers. Tall bikers, short bikers, fat bikers, skinny bikers. Scary bikers. Being even dumber then than I am now, I stayed and had a few beers. Some of the dancers were cute but they all seemed to be girlfriends of the bikers. I got some dirty stares from the other patrons, and I was glad to get out alive.
  • TortillaChip
    12 years ago
    I went to a place in beloit, wisconisn a couple years ago that had drug dealers in the parking lot and drug users as dancers. Every single dancer looked like a career drug abuser complete with perforated elbow joints that they don't even try to cover up. I feared for my car in the lot, my life walking from my car to the front door, and I wanted a hazmat when I went inside and saw the condition most girls were in. I'll never go back.
  • mrrock
    12 years ago
    Totally agree with you 0756 on Dream Palace!
  • mjx01
    12 years ago
    Yes...
    Fugly dancers
    lack of oxygen due to no HVAC and everyone smoking
    Beat down, dirty dirty club
    Shit show parking situation
    blatant safety / building code violations
  • rh48hr
    12 years ago
    I'll also agree with Dream Palace in Tempe, Ariz. Unfortunately, there is no way to warn everyone not to go there. Place should not be in business. Complete ripoff.
  • WOODDR2
    12 years ago
    Yes, shitty area, low quality dancer, too expensive.
  • 3LeggedMan
    12 years ago
    Went to a club on the South side of Tampa, not one of the big name venues. Dances were truly air. Zero contact, even one-way. Wish I remembered the name to give you all a warning. Total money waste.
  • DandyDan
    12 years ago
    I've put places on a no-go list, but haven't always stuck to it, especially if its close to home. Pretty much any bikini bar here in the Omaha/Council Bluffs area will make the list. Of course, I haven't always stuck to it, because sometimes I get really bored with nothing to do and just go. As for places not near here, there's at least three that make my no-go list. I won't go to Minx in Des Moines because of their overly intrusive search policy and no hoodie rule (sometimes when its cold, you have to wear one). I also won't go to Big Earls in Des Moines because it's seriously overpriced for what you get. Finally, there's the Paradise Saloon in Lawrence, KS, which gets rated well, but is a members-only club and I am not going to pay for a membership for a club I might visit once a year (and I understand there's a number of similar places in Kansas as well). I suppose any club in Missouri, due to their laws, also makes the list as well.
  • minnow
    12 years ago
    The beauty of Tuscl reviews is that they enable one to put certain clubs on the "don't bother to visit in the first place" list vs an expensive/wasteful "no return" list.
  • Lone_Wolf
    12 years ago
    Only one club in the Phoenix area has made my no-go list. The initials are BU. The place is....big time rough in every category. Surprisingly it gets decent reviews on this site though.
  • sharkhunter
    12 years ago
    I have a few clubs on the list.
    Reasons include
    1. I don't know whether my car will be vandalized or not and club management doesn't care if your car does get vandalized, not a safe area to visit.
    2. the girls are all fugly and I don't feel safe even touching anything inside the club.
    3. A reason in the past included getting ticked off at a dancer or dancers. The club closed down within a year. I suspect they ticked off everyone.
  • sharkhunter
    12 years ago
    4. Club management sucks so bad, you get bored to death because dancers don't get on the stage to dance for 10 to 40 minutes in between dancers.

5. They got rid of nude dancing so you see no reason to visit. Much better topless clubs are everywhere. Lol, if you haven't seen South Carolina's interstate LED signs, it says "motorcycles are everywhere".
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion