tuscl

~*~New to Dancing~*~

Monday, May 1, 2006 10:22 AM
I am a brand new dancer and really could use help on how to make money. Where I dance it is a very strict no touch, 3 ft distance, topless(well with pasties). I am clueless...please help! What do guys want to hear, what makes guys offer to pay for girls to sit, keep coming back, etc?
I have been doing it for a week so far and seem to only get guys in that want to take me home or want to take me on a date outside the club. I can't figure out how the other strippers make so much to just sit and talk...??? Tips on conversation starters, convo ideas, tricks and tips would be greatly appreciated.
I have managed to get the dancing down, I have very attractive looks, young, tight little body w/ the big boobs, and have tired just being me.....very sweet, listen to the guys, etc. I have a feeling that coming from a totaly different world of working in an office and being use to being a true professional is getting in the way of being able to make money dancing....

So what works, what type of convo anything please help me!

24 comments

• messaround
    18 years ago
    Eyes are important - if a guy is looking at you as you walk around give a little look back for an indication - if they look away don't waste your time - Also if you are well endowed (or endowed at all ) it is always sexy to rub your tits on a guys arm as you talk - Hey - where do you dance?
  • RomanticLover
    18 years ago
    You may want to try to find LOSERS who are so DESPERATE FOR AFFECTION that they would PAY just to be able to PRETEND that an attractive woman actually LIKES them.
  • NewCuriousStripper
    18 years ago
    I want to thank everyone for the advice....I can see it helping in my income already....granted it has only been 2 nights but I found guys to be alot more responsive to me and I am having more fun with it.
  • davids
    18 years ago
    Man you old fucks are as paranoid as you are stupid. A sorrier lot I have not seen.
  • chandler
    18 years ago
    What does it matter if "New" was a fake? It led to an interesting discussion. Besides, half the topics on this board are fantasy.
  • FONDL
    18 years ago
    Casualguy, this thread was probably started by our troll so he could mock our answers. I thought that was likely from the start. I'm adding this thread to my "ignore" list, suggest you do the same.
  • casualguy
    18 years ago
    So is the new stripper reading this? I'm curious as well.
  • komey1970
    18 years ago
    Make sure to thank everyone who tipped you during your stage show. Maybe a quick hug or peck on the cheek if that is allowed would be a nice touch. I think asking customers if you can join them is sound advice as well, particularly if one gives you a larger tip than normal.

Who knows how long the vets at that club have been "cultivating" their regulars. Be patient and friendly and eventually you will get your own regulars.
  • davids
    18 years ago
    Hmmm... AN sort of has a point (for a change). But some girls can take the chameleon aspect a bit too far. Especially if the stripper doesn't have a sense of humor and can't tell when the customer is joking and what he seriously likes. Also I have had many girls pretend they had academic credentials which they didn't and it was quite amusing to make fun of them for it. And see them pull out all the stops to avoid just admitting they lied. Kind of like w/ AN here.

So if you are going to follow the chameleon route be intelligent and about and be a good judge of humor.

AN is also right about 5-10 minutes thing. 7 minutes has been found to be the optimal amount of time to gab before asking for a dance.

Also do google searches for "rapport" "mirroring" and "yes ladders".
  • AbbieNormal
    18 years ago
    I don't know enough about your personality or the atmosphere of the club, or the type of customer it attracts to be able to help you decide what kind of persona to adopt, but I have noticed that some of the best strippers are chameleons. I remember one girl in Texas who when talking to me had virtually no accent, but when talking to some local guys poured it on thick. Which was natural I don't know, but she was able to figure out what we wanted her to be and be it very quickly. Now that is probably the major leagues, and I'd imagine it took her years to develop the skill, but the point is to take parts of your personality and emphasize the ones the customers want. That will take some time.

On a more practical note, in the short term make sure to mix with all the customers. If you are with a guy and he isn't buying dances or tipping, excuse yourself and move on. Do it politely and he'll get the point that your time is worth money. Another strategy is to thank every guy in the audience after your stage set and keep moving untill a guy shows some interest in your company or dances. If a guy tipped big or often while you were on stage he is probably your best bet. If you sense he is interested but shy or nervous you can ask his permission to join him. Still keep in mind that if you can't close the sale fairly quickly (say 5-10 minutes) you probably need to excuse yourself and move on. From a customer's point of view it is understandable and if someone wants your company they'll let you know. That puts you in a much better position to sell dances and collect tips.
  • davids
    18 years ago
    Greene's book (like his others) is mainly a history book. It's definitely not self-help. But it's just like parody to attempt to criticize a book he's never read (can he even read at all with two year old mind?).

I think parody is confusing me with QuickSandman who admitted to liking to Tony Robbins (NLP god) and Suze Orman.
  • davids
    18 years ago
    Or perhaps parody is confusing me with the rest of the TUSCL community who seem to be deeply into the self-help movement with their constant affirmations like "the most important thing in life is to just be yourself and not give a fuck what other people think of you" OR "it is always the positive people who are at the top of their fields", etc. etc. Personally I think all of this is kind of silly, and can be demolished by the counter-examples of anyone willing to look for them in a few milliseconds.
  • parodyman-->
    18 years ago
    New; as you can clearly see any advice from davids should be taken with a grain of salt because he is PSYCHO.

He posts on this board under multiple monikers just to support his crazy positions.

Also would you take advice from some geek who needs male self help books for getting laid? (eg. Robert Greene's _The_Art_of_Seduction_)

Try to adopt a stripper persona that fits in with you can live with. Be personable and outgoing and you will begin to cultivate regulars.
  • davids
    18 years ago
    Hey, FONDL: you fucking pussy ass 60 y/o dumbfuck who has PAID women for conversation most of his life. Are you trying to PROJECT what you want into a stripper onto this girl? Why not ADVISE here in an OBJECTIVE way that would help her make MONEY?
  • chandler
    18 years ago
    There's always a risk of attracting the wrong types. To "be herself" could attract saddo creeps who believe they have something special going with "the real girl". At any rate, she says being herself isn't working, so she's looking for a different angle.

The confines of playing a role can, paradoxically, open one up to a wealth of conversational ideas. It might help for her to think in those terms, even if the role winds up looping back to "being herself". At a minumum, there's an element of acting every stripper must employ to make it appear she enjoys being there, teasing and pleasing all comers. So, as long as it's an act, I say she might as well have some fun with it.
  • FONDL
    18 years ago
    Chandler, you are correct that that's what most dancers do. The only problem I have with giving that advice, though, is that the person she pretends to be will have a major impact on the kind of customer that she attracts and the way they treat her. She needs to be careful that she dosn't attract customers who she doesn't enjoy spending time with, otherwise she'll quickly hate the job. And the best way for her to attract people she enjoys is to be herself. Many dancers handle this by being themselves with the customers they like and want to become regulars, while putting on an act for the others. But it takes some experience to be able to do that.
  • chandler
    18 years ago
    I agree with Shadowcat that stripping is part of the sex trade, and I hope I never find myself in the kind of club "New" describes. However, it's fine with me if she continues trying to make a career on the softcore end of the spectrum. Apparenty, there are hordes of men who can't handle the stronger stuff, so I'd prefer that they not throw their money around in my clubs, but in those that cater to them alone.

My only tip for "New" that nobody seems to have brought up yet is to adopt a stripper persona. Don't just "be yourself". Find a part of yourself that you normally keep suppressed and let it out during your time at work. Whether that's an innocent girl, a blunt speaking cynic, a princess, a slut, anything as long as you can pull it off and it's not boring. Acting is a big part of your job. It fascinates your customers, and it let's you isolate your work life from your regular life. I would think it's a pretty common requirement in the business across the board, no matter how much contact is involved.
  • giveitayank
    18 years ago
    Since the club you are at is a "No Contact and just look" kind of club then personality and being personable with men is a must. Obviously, the more experienced dancers have built friendships with men that equate into $$$ for them (the dancers). It sounds like it won't happen for you overnight as it probably didn't happen with the veteran dancers either. But, I think if you hang in there and be patient and a people person then the money and plenty of it, will come.
  • casualguy
    18 years ago
    A number of guys just want to relax and sometimes chat with a dancer. If the dancer seems interested the guys will start talking. It helps if you know a bit about what the guy is talking about. I believe the more you let someone talk, the more they actually seem to like you. I'd avoid controversial subjects such as politics unless you don't mind possible verbal confrontations. However I don't remember ever paying a dancer just for conversation so the only time I'm usually talking is ordinary chit chat or something leading up to the do you wanna dance routine.
  • davids
    18 years ago
    Oh, to be more specific: Read some books (NY bestellers in non-fiction) and talk to them about what you are reading about. (And no trashy romance novels obvious don't cut it!)
  • chandler
    18 years ago
    I have no idea what they talk about in no touch clubs. Where I go to we talk a lot about each other's bodies and how good it feels to touch. So, I imagine they talk about how much it sucks that you can't touch.
  • davids
    18 years ago
    Hello, Stripper. I think the consensus of the girls who make the big bucks stripping is that it doesn't really matter too much what you talk about as long as you are

a) ultra positive
    b) have a good sense of humor
    c) intelligent/educated

But a) is most important and kind of implies b). The guy's with the wealthy business man types are generally going to want to talk to you about more than your parties and your clothes and which of your friends broke up with whom, so being well educate and up to date on current events is good.

As for being honest about never dating customers, I think how you approach that is going to have to do with your ethics. Personally I think you will make more by keeping it ambiguous and giving these guys a good chase but never quite giving in, but other approaches are possible and will still not you good money. (You might like to read Robert Greene's _The_Art_of_Seduction_ if you enjoy history and don't mind behaving in an ethically grey manner. )
  • FONDL
    18 years ago
    And even though I respect Shadowcat and value his opinions, I will offer the exact opposite advice. You've obviously tried the office environment and for whatever reason it didn't work for you. So here's my advice - it will take awhile for you to be successful but keep at it by being sincere, sweet, honest and friendly, and you will eventually attract a bunch of regulars who are looking for that. I disagree with Shadowcat, it isn't only a sex business, there are a lot of guys who go to strip clubs looking for exactly what you are and I'm one of them. Don't change, be yourself, and it will ultimately work for you. You don't have to "date" customers to make money, and I'd advise you to make it very clear that you have no interest in doing that, don't lie and mislead guys into thinking that you will. One hint, you might find that older guys are more what you're looking for - there are a lot of lonely older guys out there who just want companionship for a little while. What to talk about? Ask a lot of questions, especially about what interests your customer, be interested in the answers, and expect similar questions in return (eg. don't ask anything that you aren't willing to answer youreslf.) And best of luck to you, you sound like exactly the type of girl I look for in a club.

Incidently, like Shadowcat I've obviously assumed that the original post is sincere, which may or may not be true. You never know here but the curlicues etc. make me wonder.
  • minnow
    18 years ago
    High Mileage=High$$$. Move to high(er) mileage club, or follow SC's advice and go back to office.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion