tuscl

Disappearing Platinum Plus transaction in my bank account.

Monday, August 20, 2012 3:20 PM
When people use their debit card at Platinum Plus it comes up as KJ management. Anyway I went there on the 11th and used my debit card for 180 dollars. I didn't use the ATM they have an alternative way of using your debit card to avoid the fees. They gave me the money and I gave it to the girl. I checked my banking account on the 13th and the 180 dollar deduction from KJ management was taken out like it should have. Then last Sunday on the 18th I check it again and the transaction was gone and the 180 dollars was put back into my account. It was like the transaction never happend. The bank said it was because the transaction never went through which doesn't explain why it did go through in the first place. All in all it is in my favor since I basically had a bunch of free dances. What makes me nervouse is that the club will notice this and I will randomly lose the 180 again. So I don't know if or when that will happen and I don't have a clear understanding of how much money I have in my account.

14 comments

• georgmicrodong
    12 years ago
    Treat it as if it's gone, and you won't have to worry about it. If the club complains, you profess ignorance, and tell them that it was deducted from the account.
  • canny
    12 years ago
    I wouldn't be surprised if it ends up going through in a week or two.
  • georgmicrodong
    12 years ago
    Agree with canny. The gas station I usually go to shows the debit charge for a day or two, then it disappears, and then it comes back. It can take a almost a week sometimes, depending on when the original charge happened.
  • Alucard
    12 years ago
    NEVER use credit or debit cards in a Club! Use Cash. It avoids issues.
  • Omega22
    12 years ago
    Yeah I agree with everyone. The charge should come back. Hopefully sooner than later so I can stop deducting the charge in my head everytime I look at my account. Also Alucard I agree that I need to stop using my debit card.I am thinking of just using my bank ATM, withdrawel around 150 and just use that money at the club.
  • outside4
    12 years ago
    As others said it most likely will charge again when the books get done and it is realized, especially since they will have a record of it going through at the point of sale. Don't be surprised if it does, and also let it go through since it is owed to them correctly. Also as others say, use cash. I don't even bring any cards into the club.
  • jack0505
    12 years ago
    There are often 2 steps to the transaction, one is the initial authorization and then there's the final authorization. This is to allow you to write in a tip on a receipt. So like if you went out to eat and spent $100, then you could add $20 tip... the initial authorization is just $100, the final one will be $120. So the $100 will show in your account then go away and the $120 will post later. Basically, until 60 days are past, the $180 is subject to deduction. Those who say "don't bring cards to the club" if you want to spend all cash I'm sure the strippers are fine with it, but in some cases people don't have cash available. Some clubs are located in bad areas of town where carrying 100s in cash isn't wise. You get mugged that cash is gone, with a credit card at least you can call up and report the stolen card and get fraud refunded.
  • mjx01
    12 years ago
    Odds are the cahrge will be back. Certain places, depending on how the card is processed can take several days till it sorts out. CASH only when clubbing.
  • mmdv26
    12 years ago
    Yeah, well don't go to clubs in bad parts of town after dark, and especially around 2am. Avoid using cards in SC's - these are not people you can trust; even the dancers lie to you.
  • Dougster
    12 years ago
    Try following txtittyfan's financial advice. Then your whole bank account will disappear and, no, it won't ever come back.
  • hard10
    12 years ago
    Why don't you report your card as lost and have them send a replacement. Request a different card number for security purposes. This ensures nothing funny can happen with the old card, e.g., excess follow-up charges, from this point forward.
  • WOODDR2
    12 years ago
    I've had 2to similar experiences over the years. Once at Bare Elegance in the valley when it was still called the Odd Balls, there was a big VIP party going on at night. I got several dances with 2 girls at one time and I got a cash advance at the seldom used back bar for about $200, got the cash and spent it all that night. I never got billed for it, free lap dance money compliments on the club. One other time at the Jet Strip years ago I got a cash advance for $160 and weeks later when I got the credit card statement I find out that they actually ran the transaction as a credit not a debt. So it was like they just gave me $320, the cash plus the credit to my card.
  • Omega22
    12 years ago
    I understand that it isn't wise to use a card at clubs. Especially since ATM fees are around 7 to 10 dollars just to use. It would be nice if I never end up getting billed. Who ever their finance people are probably have to deal with so many transactions that I may just be able to slip by. I wont count on it though. However if Saturday comes around and I havent been billed yet I may start assuming I will never get billed :)
  • motorhead
    12 years ago
    Hmmmm. I seem to have disappearing funds too when I go to strip clubs. And I don't even use my debit card. What's up with that!
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion