tuscl

Combat in the Combat Zone.

shadowcat
Atlanta suburb
Two men were shot and seriously wounded early today at the Glass Slipper strip club, a landmark nightspot in downtown Boston's former Combat Zone.

Boston police quickly arrested a suspect who is now scheduled to be arraigned sometime today at Boston Municipal Court.

One of the victims is in critical condition and Suffolk District Attorney Daniel F. Conley's office has assigned a homicide prosecutor to the investigation.

No further details are immediately available.

The Glass Slipper has operated on LaGrange Street since 1985 and was open at another location in the neighborhood when the city experimented with an adult entertainment district known as the Combat Zone in the 1970s. The Glass Slipper and Centerfold's also located on LaGrange Street are the two remaining downtown strip clubs in Boston.

5 comments

• deogol
    12 years ago
    I guess it's not a "former" combat zone anymore!
  • apark
    12 years ago
    The area is definitely no longer a "combat zone," but you will have the random acts of violence pretty much anywhere. They are building a high-rise condo apartment complex adjacent to the two clubs lol. The area isn't too shady. Situated between Chinatown and Theater district. It is definitely more gentrified nowadays.
  • Tiredtraveler
    12 years ago
    The combat zone was doomed after that girl was raped in a regular bar in front of the patrons and she sued the city. (Jody Foster movie) I was working in West of Boston when the attack happened and was quite glad I was puting to many hours to venture the 1 1/2 hour drive there.
  • Ermita_Nights
    12 years ago
    Tired, that was New Bedford, not Boston. I was living in the area at the time. The Zone was already in decline but the movie may have helped it along.

Anyone remember when there was a Playboy club in Boston, just a couple blocks from the Combat Zone? I was intrigued by it but too young and poor to join.
  • MADDOG_ROMEO
    12 years ago
    SC, needless to say it was 2am...

Ermita, the Playboy Club Boston was before my time too...and the Zone had already had it's day...

Though I live outside of Boston, I've never even been to a Boston club...It's all about Providence in the northeast...
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion