tuscl

Club DJs that won't STFU!

Thursday, July 26, 2012 8:18 PM
I swear, some of these DJ dudes just love to hear themselves talk. They are constantly spouting out stupid crap that no one wants to listen to and lowering the quality of the club experience. I had a recent VIP dance where the DJ just talked so much over the music that I had a hard time enjoying the girl, and I felt like I had wasted my money when the dance ended. DJs need to learn that NO ONE is there to hear them! They need to tone it down! Anyone else been bothered by this before?

19 comments

• shadowcat
    12 years ago
    Don't get me started. The Columbia Platinum Plus is notorious for haveing the most obnoxious mother fucking DJs. It is worse at night and even worse on Fri & Sat nights because they have an ass hole MC to go along with the ass hole DJ. The customers and other club employees have to put up with their crap because the owner, Ken Wood, wants and thinks that he is creating a party atmosphere.
  • crazyjoe
    12 years ago
    Where do strip club dj's come from? Anal sex
  • crazyjoe
    12 years ago
    I got that one from a dancer
  • Joseph5160
    12 years ago
    WOW,Platinum Plus is EXACTLY the place I was talking about! PP in both Greenville AND Columbia have this issue!
  • Corvus
    12 years ago
    My biggest complaint about strip clubs are the asshole DJs. I have found it rare for any club to not play obnoxiously loud music and even fewer with DJs who do not talk to much. I also had a recent VIP run with a Latina beauty nearly ruined by a DJ. I have had drink orders, dance requests, and phone number requests interrupted by asshole DJs, not to mention dances interrupted as well. Sometimes the fewer people in the club the worse it is. I go to clubs to look at, talk to and get dances from beautiful women NOT to listen to some asshole talk.
  • Joseph5160
    12 years ago
    And there is one guy at PP in Columbia that rambles about Vin Diesel every time that I'm there. I think the dude must be gay for him.
  • Club_Goer_Seattle
    12 years ago
    A strip club d.j. should just serve as an announcer. Anything beyond that is unncesscary and usually detrimental to the club's and dancers' business. If they'd just make it clear who's dancing on which stage, that's all most customers want to know. Clubs that have specials obviously need to have those announced as well. I've sometimes thought that a disc jockey could be replaced by having a changeable sign over each stage naming the dancer on that stage at that moment. A very good source for info. on how deejays should do their jobs can be found at: [view link]
  • 23cambyman
    12 years ago
    I think I am partially deaf from platinum plus
  • Rod8432
    12 years ago
    I agree - the DJs rank at the top of my list of SC gripes. That's why I like jukebox clubs, such as Hip Hugger and Mons Venus. The music gets played, it's not too loud, and everyone's happy because there isn't some DJ yammering about how we're supposed to tip the girls, etc., ad nauseum. We all know what to do, or can figure it out pretty quickly. I'd think club managers would realize one way to trim costs AND boost customer appreciation is to dispense with the DJ once and for all.
  • snowtime
    12 years ago
    I agree that the DJ is almost a total waste. Other than introducing the dancer, they serve no purpose. From what I understand, all the dancers have to "tip" before they leave. I guess this is so the club owner does not have to pay him. It just means WE end up paying him in terms of higher dance costs. Another reason to do away with the DJ. Probably not going to happen, but many small clubs operate with only a juke box.
  • steve3003
    12 years ago
    The DJ's like you fucking pussies. Whining all day long about this and that. Go to your fucking star treck convention or whatever you losers do, and take them DJs with you. No wonder them strippers came up with that PL term.
  • Alucard
    12 years ago
    Just go to a club that doesn't have that issue, pretty simple! LOL
  • SuperDude
    12 years ago
    According to rumor, DJs are family members of the owner or a "suggested" hire from the investors. It's a job and someone wants it--even if it's unnecessary. We have computers, electronic signs and programmable music machines that can replace disc jockeys.
  • georgmicrodong
    12 years ago
    steve3003 must be a DJ.
  • she_is_covfefe
    12 years ago
    I hate them too, especially the ones who do not stop talking. A way too talkative DJ can be a dealbreaker when applying to work at clubs.
  • booblicker
    12 years ago
    Have to agree with all of the prior posters. Now a days, SC DJ's think that they're the reason we go to strip clubs. Back in my salad days I used to frequent a nude club that was situated right across the street from the Los Angels International Airport(LAX). It was called the "Jet Strip". Right next to the entrance there was device that could hold up to about 20 or so 45rpm records. The ladies who worked there would play their own records while doing their dance sets and then would retrieve the records after they were done. It was a simple and effective way of playing songs and I'm sure that the ladies played the ones that they enjoyed hearing/dancing to.
    12 years ago
    Same setup and level of obnoxiousness at the Platinum Plus in Allentown, PA. I'm actually pretty good at tuning them out. Can't tell you how many times I've been no help to a girl when she's chatting with me and DJ is calling her to the stage. "Still looking for Kitten..." Meanwhile I'm chatting or dancing with Kitten, know that her name is Kitten, but paying absolutely no attention to the DJ.
  • Tiredtraveler
    12 years ago
    I used to go to a club in Indy regularly and was friendly with several dancers. I had not been in for 5 or 6 weeks and was sitting chatting with a dancer I knew and was asking her why the f... the new DJ never shut up when he stopped talking. When I said thank god that asshole shut up she walked me top a place where a mirror allowed us to see in the booth and the reason the DJ had shut up was because one of the new dancers was giving him a BJ. After the girl was done he soon went back to chattering convinced that the only reason guys came to the club was to listen to him! All the dancers hated the 5'8", 250#, bald, 60yo walking diarrea mouthed DJ except the "18yo highschool BJ bitch" who blew him instead of tipout.
  • Dougster
    12 years ago
    I like it when strippers tell stories about how the DJs try to screw them around for tip money. Like not playing the music they want unless they tip well.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion