tuscl

Totally off topic but I felt compelled to post this.

Saturday, July 21, 2012 11:33 AM
RIP Aurora 12. May the SOB fry !!

35 comments

• shadowcat
    12 years ago
    I feel your pain vince but they will find him insane.
  • Alucard
    12 years ago
    Too much immersion in Fantasy for young people today, IMO they don't give a damned about reality or want to deal with it. Too bad about those killed.
  • motorhead
    12 years ago
    How tragic. I'm sorry for those injured and killed. I agree Vince.
  • londonguy
    12 years ago
    We were all very shocked, disgusted and saddenned over here. Will there ever be a gun-free society or do the gun lobby hold to much sway over the political 'elite'? Mind you we are a gun free country but we still have dickhead assholes like this. My heart goes out the the family and friends of those lost, so tragic. They have the death penalty in that Ste then Vince? If so then good, hope he gets it soon as possible after the trial
  • Alucard
    12 years ago
    "Will there ever be a gun-free society or do the gun lobby hold to much sway over the political 'elite'?" NOT as long as there is a NRA! And gun crazy people who support it.
  • deogol
    12 years ago
    I support the NRA. And when you are face to face with some asshole who kicked your door in, you will be too. I think he will be found insane. People who die their hair red, call themselves Joker, and go around shooting people at a Batman movie... well, lets say they certainly don't have a political motivation at least.
  • Clubber
    12 years ago
    I wonder if that had of happened in a place where carry is allowed. I would bet fewer would have been hurt and killed. Problem is, when those types of incidence occur, they are never reported. Even my SO wondered last evening as we discussed this tragedy, how many would have been spared had I been there?
  • deogol
    12 years ago
    Usually they haul ass outta there: [view link] All you have to do is watch surveillance video shows on TV to see people who thought they had the upper hand run like hell when faced down with a gun. Problem is, I don't know if this works for crazy. One might have to trade rounds.
  • Dougster
    12 years ago
    I'm with clubber here. My reaction to the event is that it's a shame more people don't carry handguns. Then someone could have taken him out early on.
  • samsung1
    12 years ago
    TMZ: 'Dark Night' Killer Had Adult FriendFinder Profile CYBERSPACE—In a bizarre twist to a horrific crime, James Holmes, the alleged shooter who murdered a dozen people and injured more than 70 during a midnight showing last night in Colorado of The Dark Night Rises, opened an AdultFriendFinder profile on July 5, TMZ is reporting. "A man claiming to be James Holmes created a profile on a popular sex website just days before 'The Dark Knight Rises' massacre ... in which he described his penis as 'short/average' ... and law enforcement sources tell TMZ investigators are now looking at the site to determine its authenticity," the site said Friday afternoon. AFF is a well-known entity in the adult online industry. The flagship site of FriendFinder Networks, which is publicly traded on Nasdaq and the parent company of Penthouse, has also made a lot of money for adult affiliates over the years, and banner ads prompting the site are ubiquitous on the internet. Holmes apparently last logged onto his profile within the past few days, according to TMZ, which added, "In the section marked, 'Introduction' ... 'Holmes' said, 'Looking for a fling or casual sex gal. Am a nice guy. Well, as nice enough of a guy who does these sort of shenanigans.'" The site says the profile also "included a cryptic message on the top of the profile which reads, 'Will you visit me in prison?'" Law enforcement is reportedly investigating the profile for any information that could be useful to their investigation. [view link]
  • vincemichaels
    12 years ago
    I agree, the odds favor a long incarceration rather than death from the state, this one deserves to suffer greatly for his heinous acts.
  • gatorfan
    12 years ago
    I doubt he'll fry McDonalds has enough idiots
  • motorhead
    12 years ago
    I don't want to hijack this thread because the tragic loss of these young people outweighs any political talk - but in case anyone missed this little piece of news, I wanted to point it out. The liberals at ABC News shamelessly and recklessly tried to tie the killer to Tea Party and the Republican Party. Brian Ross, "investigative reporter" for ABC News actually went on the air to announce that the Colorato Tea Party website listed a "Jim Holmes" from Aurora, Colorado as a memeber before there was any proof this was the same "James Holmes" who killed an injured the movie-goers. As it turns out, it was not the same guy. Disgusting, shameful,awful reported. That asshole Brian Ross should be immediately fired.
  • motorhead
    12 years ago
    Oh, and to clarify for the record: I'm not a Tea Party supporter. They're assholes too. I just get tired of this shitty reporting.
  • deogol
    12 years ago
    There should be a lawsuit over that one (tea partier inaccurately pinned by Brian Ross.) What a fucking thing to be called over.
  • Dougster
    12 years ago
    He's clearly insane in the colloquial sense of the word, but the legal bar to be deemed "insane" is very high. Very few make it. I certainly won't bet on it. In fact, if that AFF profile stuff is true and did say "will you visit me in prison?" that is a good indicator the he knew what he was doing was wrong, and that should a long way to making an insanity defense not work. As for there are only being one execution since 1975, the circumstances here certainly seem big enough that this could be seconds one. I say he does fry.
  • Dougster
    12 years ago
    Also, identifying himself with the Joker, a clearly evil just for the sake of being evil character - ain't no way a criminally insane defense works. This one's certain to fry.
  • georgmicrodong
    12 years ago
    Frying's to quick and easy. Put him in a cell where he can deal with Bubba's dick up his ass for the rest of his life. A few decades of that ought to be about right. Killing him just makes it easy for him.
  • Clubber
    12 years ago
    I say let him go free. Then put a $1,000,000 bounty on his head!
  • Clubber
    12 years ago
    gmd, I don't think that would work. I believe a guy like him in general jail population would have the same life expectancy as a child molester.
  • mikeya02
    12 years ago
    Clubber, ur right. News already reported that although in isolation, the other inmates serenaded him with "kid killer, kid killer" the first night.
  • Clackport
    12 years ago
    Cherish every moment you have in life because it can be taken away in a second.
  • georgmicrodong
    12 years ago
    @Clubber: Maybe, maybe not. Even if someone else did it, it would likely be more painful, and with any luck, more lengthy, than the state's "humane" method.
  • Clubber
    12 years ago
    gmd, True enough. But on the flip side, other than perhaps his parents, who will suffer when he is off'ed. How many were hurt by his actions?
  • sharkhunter
    12 years ago
    This was terrible. Too bad he didn't find strip clubs and spend his money in them. I'm all for gun rights and believe if there were some concealed hand guns in trained hands, this story might not have been as bad. However it seems like maybe a background check needs to be made when someone buys over $10,000 dollars worth of ammo and weapons in a short time period to ensure this guy isn't wacko or mentally insane. A short talk with the police to verify his sanity might have revealed something. I'm just speculating though. A trained person with a gun might have had a chance if they were able to get a clear shot. At the very least, it might have made him duck and cover instead of shooting others. I don't know. I wouldn't want to go up against someone in full body armor if I only had a little gun. It would be better than hoping and ducking with nothing to shoot back with.
  • deogol
    12 years ago
    Personally, I think he will escape. I don't think we have heard the last of this guy. There are not to many Ph.D. candidate guards in jail and they ain't guarding no Ph.D. candidates either. If it hasn't sunk in what he has done, this guy is thinking up angles already I'll wager. Even for just self-preservation.
  • motorhead
    12 years ago
    I agree with you sharkhunter. Myself, I don't own a gun. But I do believe in your right to own one. On the other hand, it seems if someone can acquire over 6000 rounds of ammunition in a few months, maybe a red flag should have been raised.
  • georgmicrodong
    12 years ago
    @Clubber: Nobody will suffer if he dies. Notably, neither will *he* suffer if the state executes him. That's my problem. He *should* suffer. He *deserves* to suffer. Set him up so that a member of all the victims' families get to flog him. 10 lashes every day from one of those family members. Until those victims' families get tired of it. *Then* kill him.
  • Dougster
    12 years ago
    @deogol: Good point. Colorado prisons are not exactly renowned for their security.
  • Clubber
    12 years ago
    gmd, Nah, has to be something better than flogging. I recall times that even family members forgive the scum that killed their loved ones.
  • motorhead
    12 years ago
    I remember watching something on cable a couple of years ago - the top 10 list of ways to torture someone to death. These were actually used in the Middle Ages. "death by rat" is an interesting one. A metal box with a rat inside and a hollow bottom is placed on the victim's stomach then heated. The only way for the rat to escape is gnaw his way thru the stomach and intestines.
  • SofaKing
    12 years ago
    All transactions between a buyer and seller with a Federal Firearms License require an instant background check of the buyer. But unless a person has been convicted of a crime or a court has formally adjudicated that person as posing a reasonable likelihood of serious physical injury to himself or to others, that person will pass the background check and may purchase a firearm. Buying ammunition does not require a background check. On a gut level, this method of imposing the death penalty and others such as drawing and quartering seem just. But the 8th Amendment prohibition against cruel and unusual punishment proscribe such practices that are close to, if not actually, torture. IMO, placing this demented POS in the general population will achieve a just result that passes constitutional muster.
  • SofaKing
    12 years ago
    All transactions between a buyer and seller with a Federal Firearms License require an instant background check of the buyer. But unless a person has been convicted of a crime or a court has formally adjudicated that person as posing a reasonable likelihood of serious physical injury to himself or to others, that person will pass the background check and may purchase a firearm. Buying ammunition does not require a background check. On a gut level, this method of imposing the death penalty and others such as drawing and quartering seem just. But the 8th Amendment prohibition against cruel and unusual punishment proscribe such practices that are close to, if not actually, torture. IMO, placing this demented POS in the general population will achieve a just result that passes constitutional muster.
  • crazyjoe
    12 years ago
    I live about 10 minutes from where this shooting happened. I do have a carry permit and I do carry most of the time. Colorado is very gun friendly and there are not very many places you cant carry with a permit. There are lots of people that carry in Colorado. I didnt realize it until I got my permit. There may have been someone the theater with a carry permit but getting a clear shot would be the problem, especially with the chaos of everyone trying to get away and how well this guy was armored. Lots of people say what they would do in a situation like that. You really dont know until your there in a situation though. I do belive that guns are a tool and should be educated in using them if you are going to carry. I do belive that properly trained people carrying guns save lives. Unfortunately this guy probably knew how many people in Colorado carry guns and he chose his gear accordingly.
  • sharkhunter
    12 years ago
    I don't know what his problem is or was but if he really wanted to, he could have killed a lot more using explosives in the theatre since people would have thought it was part of the show. Then remote detonate the disguised bombs. He could have left his home door slightly opened so that when someone knocked on the door, it blew up. Also it could have been set up to go off an hour before the cinema killings to give time for all the police to go there. For having a phd or whatever degree and claiming he wanted to kill people, he failed to come up with simple modifications. Unless there is a larger conspiracy at work to distract people while Obama signs a UN small arms treaty that could be in violation of our second amendment. Some already think he may be a fall guy to set the stage to take away our gun rights. In the larger conspiracy theory he may have had help or it could have been someone else setting up the explosives or putting on the mask and body armor. Taking away our rights to bear arms could start with Obama signing the treaty on July 27th. Then someone could require gun registration for new guns. After people accept that, they require it for all guns. Then they start restricting who can own it based on government lists, mental health, no fly list people, then anyone they decide. Soon thereafter, no gun rights and the government enacts tyrannicannical laws. Just thinking of how it could play out if not enough defend their rights. We could all use catastrophic national health insurance to pay for rare events that could result in bankruptcy in the event of a disaster the individual survives. Even with insurance that supposedly pays up to 80 percent of bills, I would be bankrupt with a 2 million medical bill like I heard one guy without insurance now has. My insurance would probably max out at 1 million tops if not lower. Sorry for rambling. Just thinking out loud.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion