tuscl

Wagon Wheel make the top ten

Thursday, May 18, 2006 7:14 AM
I see Manhattan Players Club in Baltimore, more commonly know by it's old name Wagon Wheel, has cracked the top ten. And I have a confession to make: all the years I've spent clubbing in the Baltimore area and I've never been there. And I used to hang out regularly at Gentlemen's Gold Club which is right down the street from Wagon Wheel. Two reasons why I've never had the pleasure: first they're only open at night and I've heard they get very crowded, which is why I much prefer days; and second it's one of those places where you have to buy an annual membership for $25 or $30 and I probably wouldn't use it very often because of reason 1. It's a nude BYOB club and is supposed to have the highest contact LDs in the state but not a lot of privacy, and the girls are supposed to be very high quality. It looks pretty small and seedy from the outside, which is usually my kind of place. And they have something else unusual - their web site was started and is run by a couple of loyal customers and it's pretty funny, at least the last time I looked at it. Just wondered if anyone here has ever tried the place? It's on my to-do list.

3 comments

• FONDL
    18 years ago
    AN, I'm guessing that the problem both you and I would have with Wagon Wheel is the same one I've always had with Showcase Theater, which I used to go to fairly regularly. It isn't open during the day and at night it's fairly busy, so there's little opportunity to sit and talk to a girl unless you're a regular. What happens is that almost as soon as you sit down a girl will come over and sit on your lap, play with your hair or something similar, make small talk for a minute or two, then ask if you want a dance. If you say no she'll move on to the next guy and a couple minutes later another girl will plop down on your lap. If you keep saying no they'll avoid you. And saying yes gets pretty expensive in a hurry since the dances are $30 each. If you like to sit and talk, I'd suggest you try Gentlemen's Gold Club during the day if you can. It's not too expensive if all you do is sit and talk and buy a couple of drinks (full bar but look out for the tiny dancer drinks at $10) and they usually have some pretty good dancers on stage if you just want to sit and watch. And there's no admission charge during the day. It only gets expensive if you want to play. Individual laps are $30 and fully clothed so nobody gets them, and the cheapest VIP room is $150 per half hour. It's a really beautiful place, you should see it at least once. And if you can hook up with Kimberley you'll definately be back. And broke.
  • FONDL
    18 years ago
    AN, if you ask any of the girls at Gentlemen's Gold Club up the street what they think of the Wagon Wheel (and they've all been there), they'll tell you they could never work there, that they'd never do the things the girls do at Wagon Wheel. Maybe that's why Wagon Wheel is always crowded while GGC sits empty. Sounds like a good recommendation to me. I'll have to look for the old web site. I'm guessing [view link], it definately had that name in it.
  • AbbieNormal
    18 years ago
    FONDL, it's on my to-do list also. From the more recent reviews it seems they are working on making the LD area at least semi-private from the rest of the room. The old website has been replaced by a new more professional one done by the owners (it appears). If the old one is still around I'd love the URL, but the one linked to the club isn't the old one I also remember.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion