tuscl

Distance to club?

Thursday, May 18, 2006 4:38 PM
This week I decided to drive 105 mls to check out a club in Columbia, SC while I was staying in Charleston. While I was driving I thought about posting here to find out what the farthest distance has been for you guys to check out a club that you had read good things about on TUSCL? 105 mls .... going once ....

15 comments

• chitownlawyer
    18 years ago
    No, actually I had a case that took me to Indy about once a month for half a year. One night I decided to look for a strip club to go to...this was before I had heard of TUSCL. I was staying downtown, near the Capitol, and in the telephone directory found a club that seemed to be reasonably close. I headed out about 11:00 or midnight, in a February snowstorm, and got impossibly lost (as any of you who know Indy will appreciate, given that I ended up at Brad's). I have forgotten the club I was looking for, but I would say, based on the totality of the circumstances, that it was probably the Red Garter. In any event, I had given up on getting there, and was just trying to head back downtown, when I literally passed by Brad's, and went in as a last resort. From what I have seen on this site, I was much better off getting to Brad's than to any other club in Indy, the Red Garter or otherwise. Ironically, two months later, I got lost trying to find Brad's, and stumbled on Dancers...the number #2 club in Indy, in my opinion (and I think borne out by the rankings on this site). Much more of a glamour-girl place, but very good in its own way. Very pretty girls. It is one of only a couple of clubs where I have gone casually dressed...and have gotten markedly better treatment on those occasions when I wore a suit. I don't think that attire matters at Brad's, but I have never gone there casually dressed. I am sorry to say that Brad's recently changed the format of its website, and not for the better. No more pictures of real Brad's dancers, and they have taken down the bulletin board, which sometimes got a little raw, but reflected the character of the place. How I miss the picture of the lovely Tessaray on the homepage!
  • chitownlawyer
    18 years ago
    220 miles each way to Brad's.
  • davids
    18 years ago
    Many you guys and your driving long distances to exploit poor women in the deep (white trash) south. And bragging about it on the internet. Sad. Sad. Sad...
  • chandler
    18 years ago
    Chitown, did you drive to Brad's the first time solely to check it out based on TUSCL notices?
  • Clubber
    18 years ago
    About 60 miles to see my ATF in a new club, farther from home and people we know. Didn't turn out well, and haven't been back to the club since. She didn't work there long.
  • chandler
    18 years ago
    Jpac, think of it this way: It works out to about $5 extra in gas over what it cost until a year ago (about half) every 100 miles you drive. So, when considering whether to visit a club, count on getting one fewer $20 lapdance for every 200 miles away the club is. Have fun in Columbia, SC!
  • Jpac73
    18 years ago
    Casualguy that is the average gas price here in Albany,GA where I stay. There are a few gas stations that are $2.63/gal. It will have went up by the end of the week. The further you go up Ga the higher the prices.
  • casualguy
    18 years ago
    Actually I believe Brazil set mandates where every gas station had to have an ethanol pump and people bought cars that ran on ethanol. I believe American companies are making and selling these cars there. I might consider buying such a car if the same situation existed here in the US. $1 a gallon for ethanol sounds a lot better than close to $3 a gallon for gas. The automakers could even make the same big guzzlers but just make them run on ethanol or a mix.
  • eznuk
    18 years ago
    Jpac73 the key is to expense the gas as a business expense :-)
  • casualguy
    18 years ago
    If you live in a small town, you sometimes have to drive a bit to have some fun. If it costs me $10 in gas for all the extra driving I have to do, I just figure it's like an extra cover charge. I feel a little bit better hearing that South Carolina has the cheapest average gas price in the nation (per the local news) and my area has the best average price in the state at around $2.66 a gallon on average. I still don't consider that any big savings though. I've heard about a few people spending $1000 to convert their vehicle to run on ethanol and producing their own for about 60 cents to $1.00 a gallon. It's too bad our government can't set guidelines to help this nation convert like Brazil has already done.
  • DandyDan
    18 years ago
    The Rand McNally distance between Omaha, where I live, and Indianapolis, home of Brad's Brass Flamingo, is 619 miles, although I was doing more in Indy than just going to Brads and I probably drove more miles, since I stopped in Chicago on the way there. I've gone to several places at least 400 miles away from here basically to go to stripclubs.
  • Jpac73
    18 years ago
    Gas prices are too high to be traveling far distances. I only travel 80miles one way and that takes about 15dollars round trip in a small vehicle!
  • FONDL
    18 years ago
    The farthest I've ever driven just to visit a strip club is probably about 50 miles one way. But I've often driven on fairly long business trips rather than flown partly so I could hit a club or two along the way.
  • parodyman-->
    18 years ago
    I've done PP in Memphis and I live in Chicago. I use visiting Tunica to play poker as my "excuse" to go down there.
  • chandler
    18 years ago
    To check out just one club with no second option, based on TUSCL alone? About 100 miles, also to Columbia, South Carolina but from the opposite direction. Of course I've driven much much further many times to check out more than one club.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion