tuscl

Weird Hotel Call

rickdugan
Verified and Certifiable Super-Reviewer
I am in Tampa and was out clubbing the night before last. At one of the local pastie joints, a girl and I agreed to OTC, but I had my doubts as she supposedly didn't have a cell number but rather needed me to give her my hotel and room number and promised to swing by. And, as is no surprise, she did not show. Given my initial doubts about her sincerity, I could have pursued other options while I was clubbing but I was drunk enough that I really didn't care either way and was not motivated enough to cultivate another target. By yesterday morning I had written the whole thing off to a fun, drunken (and relatively cheap) night out.

When I arrived back to the room tonight, I found that she left me a message on my hotel phone at 9:17 this morning - obviously more than 24 hours later. She provided some silly excuse about trying a bunch of hotels to locate me because she didn't remember the one that I had told her. She followed it up by providing a number that I could reach her at and asking me to call her soon.

Hmmm...I don't think so. I'm not normally the paranoid type, but this smells odd. She very well could be sincere, but she or someone else also might have staked out the joint yesterday to figure out how the security setup works. She found me easily enough this morning, so her story doesn't really add up. Now I'm in a hotel that requires key card access in the elevator and at the front door late at night (as all of you dogs should do with a first time OTC), so I'm not horribly concerned, but this is just a little too off for me.

Anyway, on to the next one. ;)

8 comments

• maburton
    12 years ago
    The difference between malice and stupid often doesn't make itself known until after something goes wrong. Regardless of your paranoia, you did a safe and smart thing.
  • shadowcat
    12 years ago
    You should have worn your suit to the club. :)
  • rickdugan
    12 years ago
    I did shadow - LOL.
  • ButterMan
    12 years ago
    Yea that sounds a little shady for me. You did the right thing.
  • georgmicrodong
    12 years ago
    Just because you're paranoid, doesn't mean they *aren't* gunning for ya...
  • Alucard
    12 years ago
    "I could have pursued other options while I was clubbing but I was drunk enough that I really didn't care either way"

Getting Intoxicated is always a negative thing.
  • farmerart
    12 years ago
    Did you give her your room number or just your name, rick; for the hotel to leave you a phone message from her?

I insist on meeting in the lobby or the bar/lounge if we don't travel together from the club to my hotel.
  • Dougster
    12 years ago
    She probably went out after work instead of calling you, got meth'ed out, lost track of time, then when she was starting to come down, realized she was fucked cashwise and gave you a call.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion