tuscl

TUSCL slogan: More than a list. It's the evocation of a culture.

Tuesday, June 12, 2012 5:01 PM
If you scroll down to the bottom of the page the statement, "More than a list. It's the evocation of a culture" appears. I can see what it means. As I discussed in a prevous thread strip clubs play a major role in my life and it plays a role in a lot of other people's lives as well. What do you all think about the TUSCL slogan? I personally think it is fairly accurate. This is a culture as it can be seen as a major player in many people's lives. Rather it be the dancers, patrons, and of course the customers.

17 comments

• HB13
    12 years ago
    The first impression I get from reading that: "You're trying too hard." Use simpler words, I doubt "evocation" is in many PL & stripper vocabularies. Something simpler & maybe with a twist / innuendo better fits. "TUSCL, better than the black book." But even that stretches it as not many even know what a "black book" is anymore.
  • Alucard
    12 years ago
    "Use simpler words, I doubt "evocation" is in many PL & stripper vocabularies. Something simpler & maybe with a twist / innuendo better fits. "TUSCL, better than the black book." But even that stretches it as not many even know what a "black book" is anymore." Why should Omega22 use simpler words if he is better educated & has a larger & better vocabulary than some members here? I DO know what a "Black Book" is as I'm of the correct generation to know about them. LOL HB13, if you find the use of the word evocation too hard for some members to grasp, ask the Founder to change the word.
  • Dougster
    12 years ago
    @HB13: That's just the way it is. Playing into the over active imaginations of those who want to make it seem more sophisticated than it is. If we wanted to be realistic the tagline would be "we are all just a bunch of johns who pay hookers who happen to work in strip clubs for sex". Wouldn't market as well though. People need their fantasies.
  • rickdugan
    12 years ago
    That slogan has been on here since the late 90s and it is as true today as it was back then. It struck a chord with me bacnk then and has ever since. I hope Founder never removes that slogan as I think that it is stunningly accurate.
  • Omega22
    12 years ago
    We can also look at strip clubs as a part of secular culture. I mean if you think about it I highly doubt anybody that goes to strip clubs is all that religious. I for one am an atheist. In other words strip clubs is just one major factor that makes up secular culture in the United States and many other first world countries as well. My main point is that the slogan can be seen as accurate since we are a part of a growing secular culture in our nation. Whether or not the founder was looking at it this way is beyond me. Also this can be seen as fairly radical since the founder is claiming that this website is like the voice of a culture. Afterall evocation does mean voice of or calling out.
  • georgmicrodong
    12 years ago
    Well, it *is* a culture. Whether it's one to admire, or of which to be proud, is another question entirely. It certainly is an interesting one, though!
  • umissedaspot
    12 years ago
    "More than a list. It's also a board with a bunch of horny old dudes chattering endlessly about the list plus some other shit. But basically, it's just a list."
  • Papi_Chulo
    12 years ago
    A simpler TUSCL slogan – “TUSCL – A Place for Really Horny Guys” “I mean if you think about it I highly doubt anybody that goes to strip clubs is all that religious.” I seriously doubt this. Many whom consider themselves “religious” definitely would go to, and enjoy, SCs. Being “religious” doesn’t mean one is not horny – sometimes the more “religious” -> the “hornier”. Many “religious” people do things that are not considered “religious”. “ … growing secular culture in our nation …” This is debatable but is beyond the scope of TUSCL.
  • Alucard
    12 years ago
    "More than a list. It's also a board with a bunch of horny old dudes chattering endlessly about the list plus some other shit. But basically, it's just a list." And what do you do with the list? I'm guessing you AREN'T a Horny Old Dude. That you don't chatter endlessly & have important "Shit" to say. Just an "Older Guy" who is Curious.
  • vincemichaels
    12 years ago
    I'm a horny old guy. :)
  • Omega22
    12 years ago
    Papi_Chulo I think you are accurate as it pertains to most religious people. My friends that I have gone with have all claimed a religion. Georgmicrodong I think I may somewhat agree but somewhat disagree. Some parts of society may not admire and respect this way of life but some parts of society admire and respect it. In other words some people are live and let live while others aren't.
  • steve229
    12 years ago
    "Many whom consider themselves “religious” definitely would go to, and enjoy, SCs.' "My friends that I have gone with have all claimed a religion." As a Catholic, I'm expecting a long stay in purgatory.
  • rickdugan
    12 years ago
    "My main point is that the slogan can be seen as accurate since we are a part of a growing secular culture in our nation. Whether or not the founder was looking at it this way is beyond me. Also this can be seen as fairly radical since the founder is claiming that this website is like the voice of a culture. Afterall evocation does mean voice of or calling out." Dude, you are way overthinking this. LOL. One of the many definitions of the word "culture" is the following: "the behaviors and beliefs characteristic of a particular social, ethnic, or age group, as the youth culture; the drug culture; etc." In this case, it is the strip club culture. I really don't think that the meaning goes any deeper than that, nor does it have to.
  • Omega22
    12 years ago
    Rickdugan I agree that I probably did overthink this a little. Lol. All in all I agree that this is the strip club culture. Many people would accept strip clubs as taking part in their way of life.
  • Alucard
    12 years ago
    "I'm a horny old guy. :)" We BOTH are Vince! LMAO
  • shadowcat
    12 years ago
    I'm not old. :))
  • Alucard
    12 years ago
    "I'm not old. :))" Are you like Merlin & grow young instead of older? LOL Don't worry about over-thinking Omega22.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion