tuscl

Historical dance prices?

Tuesday, June 12, 2012 4:23 AM
I wasn't going to Detroit clubs regularly 20 years ago but I did go a few times and remember the lapdance price being $10. Soon after it went up to $20, and it's been there ever since. Some clubs are starting to push for $25 or even $30. There also used to be table dances and you don't see those any more. Anyone else remember prices from 20 or more years ago?

10 comments

• Clubber
    12 years ago
    My first regular club experiences were at Tootsie's. A few of us met there after work on a weekly basis. There were no dances one on one and the normal stage tip was change for the jukebox and drinks for the ladies. As far as LD prices, my early recollection is that they were $5.
  • motorhead
    12 years ago
    I remember lap dances in Lansing was $15 in the late 80's. From what I can remember - in the 90's they changed to $20. Not sure when. 15 was a nice number. You could tip five for a dance and not mess with change and the dancer was happy.
  • vincemichaels
    12 years ago
    Table dances used to be %$5 or $10 in the 90's. Lap dances were mostly $10, VIP areas were not as common so, one had to be discreet.
  • windowsidiot
    12 years ago
    Never encountered lap dances until I returned to sc visits 2 years ago. SC clubs in the 60s and early 70s were spent watching the dancers on stage. Touching would get you immediately and forcefully ejected from the club. Much more fun now.
  • SuperDude
    12 years ago
    $5 air dance at tableside. $10 lapdance at the table. NO VIP rooms. That was the norm in the 80s and early 90s. Then the clubs got bolder and more expensive. Now, as I said in another post, they are charging fees like the airlines. I've heard that some clubs are thinking of charging to use the mens room.
  • Alucard
    12 years ago
    $5 air dances, NEXT $5 to breath the Air!!! LOL
  • jackslash
    12 years ago
    As I remember, 20 years ago the table dances were $10 (the girl danced by you at your table, not on your lap.) Later lap dancing came in, and the most common price was $20. For the past 4 or 5 years, the lap dance in private VIP room has been $25 in the upscale clubs.
  • gatorfan
    12 years ago
    I remember in 32 BC lap dances were free
  • Ermita_Nights
    12 years ago
    Earliest lap dance I can remember in Detroit was around 1990, it was tableside, $10, and one-way but seemed like a bargain at the time.
  • Clubber
    12 years ago
    gf, The new TUSCL Methuselah!
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion