tuscl

What's wrong with Chicago

happylap
Michigan
I traveled to Kalamazoo recently and was surprised to see a nice club open in the afternoon with lots of dancers and business. Angels opens at noon (or maybe earlier) and when I visited on a Tuesday afternoon, it was busy, with 8 or 10 dancers and lots of customers. Most of the dancers were getting frequent private dances.
I'd just come from Chicago, and visited Industrial Strip (Hammond, IN) on Monday about 6pm. Only three dancers and I shared them with one other customer. What's the deal? How can a small city like K'zoo support a club like Angels and IS can't open until 5pm and still can't generate enough business to keep 3 dancers busy?

Is it the no-alcohol law in Hammond?
Is it the steep price (IS charges $13 to get in. Angels is free until 6pm and $5 after)
What do you guys think?

9 comments

• Alucard
    12 years ago
    In Stripping just like Real Estate:

"Location, Location, Location!"
  • motorhead
    12 years ago
    Industrial Strip just doesn't seem to be an afternoon club. I've stopped there a few times in the late afternoon on my way back home from Chicago and it's always D-E-A-D. Surprising since it's jammed on weekend nights.

On the other hand, I stopped at Angels once in the afternoon, and i was one if about a half dozen customers. So ya never know.
  • vincemichaels
    12 years ago
    Kalamazoo is a typical small city in the US. There are plenty of horny guys. IS is not in a bad, bad area, but it's far enough away from Chicago, I don't imagine it gets major influxes from the Chicago crowd.
  • beckylovesean
    12 years ago
    My guess is that day shift & happy hour customers are more likely to visit a club if it's relatively close to home and/or work. I'd think that most of I.S.'s clientele is coming from the Chicago area (and hardly anyone in Chicago travels into Indiana for work).

Heading over the border into Indiana might be doable on the weekends (when I.S. is packed) or even on a weeknight... but not during the days. And the people that do live in northwest Indiana are lower income, and perhaps less likely to patronize a more expensive club?

Perhaps proving my theory, the only spot in the Chicago area that seems to be busy on a regular basis during the days is Heavenly Bodies... which is right near the airport, off a major expressway & near suburbs where lots of folks travel through 5 days a week.
  • beckylovesean
    12 years ago
    My guess is that day shift & happy hour customers are more likely to visit a club if it's relatively close to home and/or work. I'd think that most of I.S.'s clientele is coming from the Chicago area (and hardly anyone in Chicago travels into Indiana for work).

Heading over the border into Indiana might be doable on the weekends (when I.S. is packed) or even on a weeknight... but not during the days. And the people that do live in northwest Indiana are lower income, and perhaps less likely to patronize a more expensive club?

Perhaps proving my theory, the only spot in the Chicago area that seems to be busy on a regular basis during the days is Heavenly Bodies... which is right near the airport, off a major expressway & near suburbs where lots of folks travel through 5 days a week.
  • farmerart
    12 years ago
    Maybe it's because IS is just a lame club. No booze and band-aids on dancer's nipples? Not my idea of a good time in a SC.

Arnie's Idle Hour is very close. A good time is guaranteed in that joint (for not that many $$$, either).
  • jackslash
    12 years ago
    What's wrong with Chicago?

The Cubs and the White Sox.
  • 3LeggedMan
    12 years ago
    "What's wrong with Chicago?
    The Cubs and the White Sox."

Exactly how does one find fault with a first-place club, one that won a world championship just 7 years ago? Obviously Jackslash doesn't spend much time outside the strip clubs.

Anyhow, it's hard to argue with the OP, as good daytime clubs are hard to find in the Chicago area. I used to love Blackjack's in Elgin, but since losing their liquor license it look like the club is swirling the drain. Most of their most popular dancers are gone already.
  • Tiredtraveler
    12 years ago
    Industrial Strip is an overrated club and is an example of why to never just read the ratings on a club. If I wanted to see pasties and or string bikinis i can go to the beach and not spend a crapload of money for nothing.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion