tuscl

LA clubs - downtown or near Metro

I'll be in LA this weekend for an event and "the guys" want to go to a strip club. They think I'm an expert because I'm dating a stripper, but neither of us know anything about LA city clubs.

We'll be at LA Live, downtown by the Staples Center. Is DV Union Station any good? Is there anything better? Should we forget them all? It can be pretty ghetto down there, and we're all whitey-white boys.

The thing is, no cars. So transit friendly. Maybe the Red Line to Cheetah's, which is tame but otherwise OK, plus there's other stuff to do in the area.

7 comments

• inno123
    12 years ago
    OK, You can walk a couple of blocks to the east to Olive Street and catch the DASH D bus which will take you right to the corner where DV Union Station is. Or, since Staples Center is one of the few places where it is not hard to find a cab in LA the DV on Main street is a short trip (walking distance if you weren't worred about it being 'ghetto')

I've seen branded vans at both DV clubs so it might be that if your group is large enough they will shuttle you if you call and ask.

Between the two downtown DV clubs Union Station is better value and Main Street is fancier.

You could also take the Blue line to Rio on Washington Blvd or take a longer taxi ride to Spearmint Rhino.
  • lopaw
    12 years ago
    Check out zbone. We LA stripclub rats live & breathe by it.
  • bumrubber
    12 years ago
    inno,

Not so concerned about walking through ghetto as the clubs themselves. Some are just gross. Good tip on the vans and Dash though.

I never think "cab" but with a group it would be OK.

lopaw,

Didn't find much on zbone, partly because the site is SO INSUFFERABLY SLOW...
  • lopaw
    12 years ago
    Yeah, sorry about that.
    Ever since they upgraded to "Z2", it has gotten very busy and really slows down alot after 10pm PST. But if you can ever log in it does have alot of info on our LA/OC/IE clubs, and alot of the dancers come on there to promote themselves and their clubs. Lots of PL banter as well, though because there are so many dancers posting it tends to be very dancer-friendly, at least more so than you'll find on other SC customer-oriented sites.
  • inno123
    12 years ago
    @bumrummer,

If you are worried about the inside of the club being gross then either of the DV clubs will not be a concern, particularly not the DV on Main which is very new, clean, and upscale. In most of LA you can die of old age trying to find a cab but the Staples Center/LA Live/Convention Center zone on Fig is a major exception.
  • lopaw
    12 years ago
    A heads up about this weekend-due to the playoff games going on here (lakers/clippers/kings) downtown, especially near the Staple Center, is going to be a zoo. Plan accordingly.
  • bumrubber
    12 years ago
    lopaw,

Yup, and the finish of the big bike race too (Amgen Tour of California).

That's why we're taking the train in.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion