tuscl

Do club mangers/owners read TUSCL?

shadowcat
Atlanta suburb
Saturday, March 31, 2012 9:30 PM
I found out yesterday that at least some do. I was in Follies with snowtime & Chandler. I had brought in a copy of my last Follies review to show to one of my favorites. After she finished laughing her ass off she had to take it to the house mom and manager to read. He told her that he had already read it. That he reads all of my reviews(at least for his club)and that he got the impression that I thought the club was too crowded. He got the right impression. Now he knows what I look like. Not a bad thing.

19 comments

• SuperDude
    12 years ago
    I thought club managers were illiterate.
  • snowtime
    12 years ago
    As shadowcat noted I was with him today at Follies. I was glad to learn that at least one club manager reads the reviews on this site. I wish more would and at least consider making some needed changes to their clubs (like lowering the volume at PP in Columbia).
  • Alucard
    12 years ago
    "he got the impression that I thought the club was too crowded. He got the right impression" How does this manager resolve the crowding? Does he limit admissions? Is that legal? Perhaps have a VERY high Cover to discourage persons from entering? What about raising other prices to limit the interest of all but those who can afford the high prices. Or does the manager do nothing?
  • DandyDan
    12 years ago
    I got a note from the owner of a club I reviewed once on here. She (yes, a female club owner) even seemed to take my suggestions seriously, except the last time I went there, the dancers were bad, so I don't know how seriously she looks into this site.
  • snowtime
    12 years ago
    @Alucard- You make a very good point. All of us that regularly visit Follies do complain about the crowds later in the day. As for what the manager or anyone else can do to change that is questionable. I think we would complain a lot more if the club did significantly raise prices to reduce the crowding. As it now stands, we usually go early and beat the crowds and avoid the valet parking that is probably needed later in the day. I guess after reading your post, I will refrain from complaining about the crowds ever again. Just like all of the best clubs (Mons Venus, Baby Dolls, etc.) the people are going to go to where they get the best bang for their buck.
  • Alucard
    12 years ago
    "All of us that regularly visit Follies do complain about the crowds later in the day. As for what the manager or anyone else can do to change that is questionable. I think we would complain a lot more if the club did significantly raise prices to reduce the crowding. As it now stands, we usually go early and beat the crowds and avoid the valet parking that is probably needed later in the day. I guess after reading your post, I will refrain from complaining about the crowds ever again. Just like all of the best clubs (Mons Venus, Baby Dolls, etc.) the people are going to go to where they get the best bang for their buck." You do what you have to do. Arriving early as you mentioned is a viable option. As for later in the day options, unless management takes steps to reduce crowding as a result of complaints about crowding, you seem to have two options: 1. Put up with the crowding 2. GO elsewhere I've always believed in getting the most "Bang" from my Buck! And I try to put into action. That is unless very special circumstances dictate another course of action. If I ever visit Hotlanta, I'll be sure to visit Follies in the EARLY part of the Day. LOL
  • Dougster
    12 years ago
    Whatever happened to chandler anyway? Seemed like he became parodyman--> for a while but then gave that up.
  • bang69
    12 years ago
    Some time its a good thing they read what we say. Some time its a bad thing
  • vincemichaels
    12 years ago
    Not a bad thing indeed, shadowcat. I, like many of us undoubtedly, very much enjoyed reading your tongue in cheek review. I'm glad to hear it was well received at Follies. I've only been to Follies twice, once with you and once by myself, both times in the afternoon, so I can't comment on the overcrowding there. When I return to my ATF club, now that it has reopened after a major renovation, I wouldn't mind at all if the long time manager is still there. He's a cool guy, and if he was to discover my reviews here, that would be fine with me. Management needs to know how the club is viewed, information is vital to adjustments if needed to club policy.
    12 years ago
    Quite a contrast from your prior review SC! Fives across the board and a whole bunch of complaints particularly about how crowded it is. Brilliant!
  • gatorfan
    12 years ago
    No SuperDude strippers are the ones that are illiterate managers are retarded get it straight
  • Cheo_D
    12 years ago
    Well, that's always good to know, that one does have an audience out there in the net and one's opinion is well received! Now if only the managers of Scarlett's at Hallandale FL were to read how 4 out of every 5 reviewers seem to agree SOUND'S JUST TOO LOUD IN THERE... (On the serious side: one understands how a manager may conclude that if his place is drawing big crowds, it must be doing something right... and either re-pricing for a smaller crowd of big spenders or investing in an expansion/move are big risks.)
  • gatorfan
    12 years ago
    Reading requires Education
  • Dougster
    12 years ago
    Most of the time, the managers are even bigger cocksuckers than the strippers are.
  • sharkhunter
    12 years ago
    I doubt the manager reads this site if their own club link for emailing their club doesn't even work. Example: Trophy Club. link for contacting them by email doesn't work. I guess they keep complaints to a minimum but they miss out on a lot of tips because complaints can be red flags of what is hurting their business. If you pay attention to your customers and reduce complaints, you get more business and customers as long as your prices and the rest of your business is competitive.
  • lopaw
    12 years ago
    I don't think that any of the club owners/ managers that I know read TUSCL, tho I'm sure many know about it. What I do know is that if an area has a local review board (like zbone for my area), many managers not only read it, but contribute heavily to it as well.
  • sharkhunter
    12 years ago
    I noticed the crowds at Platinum Plus in Columbia were smaller the last two or 3 times I visited. That's because the dancers are charging higher prices. I like it less crowded but I decided it wasn't worth visiting nearly as much due to the higher prices. Dancers especially young dancers think it's ok to charge $20 for 2 or 3 minutes or less of dancing even when songs are cut short or the dancers themselves start half way through a song, don't take their top off until half way through a song or near the end. To the customer, this is a waste of money paying her. It's not worth it. Eventually those customers wise up and don't visit. I had a crappy dance from a hot dancer who barely gave much contact and had her top on 1/4 on the time she was dancing for me. I don't plan on ever getting dances from her again. Makes it less likely I will try out any new dancers without a lot of persuasion that they are not like her.
  • tigerfan3
    12 years ago
    Do managers/owners read this site? Yes, at least a few of us do. I have found this site to be a very informative and usefull tool. I mostly just lurk in the background, but I usually log on here about two or three times a week. There's a lot of people here with exceptional knowledge about the business and how it works, even though they are customers and not in the industry.
  • LeeH
    12 years ago
    I second Che's request
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion