tuscl

Rewinds

sinclair
Strip Club Nation
How common is the practice of DJ's rewinding songs?

I had never seen this before up until tonight.

I took a dancer back to get some lapdances in the VIP tonight. When the song was over, the DJ just rewinded it back toward the beginning, then again. I got about 8 minutes/song instead of the usual 3 or so. The dancer was pissed because she now had to work longer for the same price. I go back later in the night to the VIP with another dancer, and the DJ starts rewindng the songs again. This dancer is also pissed but still honors the $20/song. I am getting great value. All I did was chat up the DJ a bit earlier in the night with a few jokes. He must have saw me on the closed-circuit camera both times I took girls back for dances and hit me back with mutual respect.

9 comments

• Ermita_Nights
    13 years ago
    Wow, I want to visit that club. But I wonder why the girls didn't treat the rewind like a new song.

Were the dances ok, or poor quality because the girls were pissed?
  • thesamurai
    13 years ago
    Sounds like a DJ about to get canned.
  • Rod8432
    13 years ago
    You're a lucky man. I've generally experienced the opposite - a truncated song. Usually, the DJ just starts talking over the ending of a song and then winds it down before it's finished.

Of course, with most rap and R&B songs, it's hard to tell (at least for me), but it's hard to miss when it happens with old time rock and roll.
  • sinclair
    13 years ago
    Yes, the music was hip hop, r&b. The girls at first didn't realize it, then they did as it really dragged on. The dance quality was still pretty decent, no major dropoff; they just whined a bit.
  • Alucard
    13 years ago
    Consider yourself LUCKY. You may not get a repeat.
  • dallas702
    13 years ago
    Never had a DJ stretch a song. I seldom take the time to talk with them.

I did once convince a dancer to attempt to dance onstage to Hank William's (not JR) "Hey, Good Looking." When everyone was through laughing about it, she ran over to the DJ, then came up to me insisting I buy a VIP lapper ($25 club). When we get settled in the VIP she giggles and says, "just one song!" Then "Inna Godda Davida" (Iron Butterfly) starts up. When the drum solo starts I finally realize it is the 17 min album cut. I should be excused for not recognizing it sooner, she was VERY distracting.

I did tip the DJ that night!
  • pabloantonio
    13 years ago
    Occasionally I have seen DJ's rewind a song just a bit when a hot dancer is on stage and guys are lined up to tip her. The DJ doesn't want her to miss any money by ending the song.
  • gatorfan
    13 years ago
    how does one rewind a song in this digital age
  • DandyDan
    13 years ago
    At one of the places I go to, the DJ has the technical ability to replay a portion of the last song so that if the stage dancer is not done collecting tips, she can get them. This also gives the next dancer time to get to the stage as well, because the rule there is the DJ can't begin the first song for a dancer until she's at the stairway to the stage. However, I've been in the private dance room when that happens and every dancer knows when the song ends there and doesn't treat the replay as a new song. But then again, that place isn't noted for playing lots of rap/R&B.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion