tuscl

Visiting a SC on a motorcycle.

Monday, February 27, 2012 10:42 AM
How many guys here do this? The reason i ask i because when i ride my motorcycle i wear protective gear and don't have anywhere on the bike to lock my stuff up. Its not a big deal locally because i know the area . I would like to take some nice rides on the bike but am a little reluctant to bring my gear into a club. Would appreciate some suggestions from fellow clubbers.

25 comments

• Blue42TX
    12 years ago
    ive seen guys bring in their helmet all the time and just set it on the table. Some places will require to leave at the front along with the caps.
  • Alucard
    12 years ago
    "Visiting a SC on a motorcycle - How many guys here do this?" You could not PAY me ENOUGH $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ to get on & ride a Murdercycle!!!
  • metalhed
    12 years ago
    Have you ever rode one Alucard? They're a blast, when driven safely and responsibly. And its a good excuse to go out and ride to a SC on a nice day.
  • Alucard
    12 years ago
    "Have you ever rode one Alucard?" NO, Never! And I don't intend to! A person can be the SAFEST rider in the World, BUT you ALWAYS lose in any collision with another Moving Vehicle, the pavement or immovable solid object! Assuming the person survives the collision, serious bodily injury most likely will result. In 30 years of being an Operating Room Nurse, I've seen MORE broken & nearly Destroyed bodies resulting from Murdercycle accidents than I can remember. I don't intend to join that group! Blue42TX probably has it right concerning the helmet & other gear.
  • metalhed
    12 years ago
    I completley respect your opinion. Im very aware of the danger involved, and i think its too fun to not ride! Thanks for the input anyway.
  • shadowcat
    12 years ago
    I'm waiting for Clubber to comment.
  • motorhead
    12 years ago
    Alucard, I am in COMPLETE agreement with you. My mother lost a younger brother in a motorcycle accident. He lost control of the bike and suffered a fatal head injury. My mom basically set down one hard and fast rule when I got my driver's license -- NEVER ride a motorcycle. I have followed that rule.
  • georgmicrodong
    12 years ago
    My reading comprehension sucketh big time. I completely overlooked the part where the OP asked anyone's opinion on the wisdom of riding a bike...
  • motorhead
    12 years ago
    I don't ride. So I couldnt comment respond to the OP. But I could respond to Alucard. So I did. It's not like no one ever deviates from topic on TUSCL. :)
  • samsung1
    12 years ago
    I have noticed if a club has a coat check they usually have a way to check in your helmet as well. They might charge for it if they already charge for a coat check.
  • metalhed
    12 years ago
    Samsung im pretty sure that most clubs in northern wisconsin dont have a coat check. Oh well i guess i can just lock my helmet to the bike and hope no one messes with it. Thanks for the input guys.
  • BadBitchesOnly
    12 years ago
    I've brought my bike to clubs a fews times. I'll leave my helmet at the front door or with a bartender. This has never been a problem. Other than a helmet I don't wear any other gear. But, I do have a backpack I can lock to the bike if I need to. Good luck and be safe.
  • Clubber
    12 years ago
    sc, Took awhile. I was in Daytona for the race since Sunday. Anyway, metalhed, I've ridden my bike to clubs many times. I leave my helmet on the bike, I hang it on the shift lever. If I have on a jacket, I just wear it in. Never have I had a problem with my bike, parking at a club, knock on wood.
  • metalhed
    12 years ago
    Thanks for all the replies. Clubber i think you make a good point, im sure im just a little paranoid that someone would mess with my stuff.
  • bubbaloo
    12 years ago
    Ride my bike to the club all the time. Often as an excuse to get out of the house. Good thing the mileage isn't checked. Don't seem to ride too far some days considering how long I am gone. Leave my gear at the coat check with the bartender, never been a problem. The girls like to see a man enter the establishment, dressed in riding gear- dressed like a man. I had a girlfriend in my younger days that her dad forbid her to get on a motorcycle because of the danger. He fell off a ladder painting the house and was in the hospital for weeks. You can get hurt doing anything. I have more miles on bikes than any of you nanacy boys would ever understand. Sure thy're dangerous. But maybe that's part of the attraction. Doing something other people would not do. Or would not consider exciting. I have a collection of few nice scars collected over the years, but none of them are from motorcycles (yet). Sure I've crashed, any real rider has. But a real rider prepares himself with training and always wearing the proper protective gear. We know we could get hurt- don't preach to us, but we feel the risk is worth it. I love when people drive shitbox cars and tell us how dangerous motorcycles are. Motorcycles do have a few safety advantages over cars. They can out brake and aout accelerate anything on the road when operated by a skilled rider. They are small and agile, can fit through a small opening to evade problems. It's all in situation awarenes, training, and being prepared. I KNOW I could get hurt- but I also know motorcycles are not for everyone. So all you nancy boys- keep driving your little Geo and Toyota cars and leave the real machinery to us men. I just reurned from a 3 week, 8500 mile trip to central america. Been riding about 40 years, and NO I don't have a damn Harley.
  • Clubber
    12 years ago
    metal, If you ever get to S. Florida, let me know and we can ride my SC bike tour!
  • metalhed
    12 years ago
    Clubber that would be awesome, im very envious of the fact you can ride almost year round. And i bet you hit up some nice clubs too!
  • vincemichaels
    12 years ago
    Clubber has enjoyed many fine clubs over the years. He only goes for conversation. UHUH !!! LOL As far as the topic, most places would let you leave your stuff inside the club, probably charging a coat check fee. Some clubs won't allow motorcycle gear, they don't like bikers, I guess some of them are troublemakers. Personally, I'd like to have a motorcycle again. I had 2 cycles long ago, yes, Alucard, they are dangerous. I was very lucky not to have sustained worse injuries the night, some drunk back-ended my BSA motorcyle, back in the 70's. I'll never forget doing somersaults through the air after I bounced off the guy's windshield. :) To each his own.
  • hakanlube
    12 years ago
    I've done it, and checking the helmet or carrying it with me works fine. The helmet usually even gets you some extra attention from the ladies, if that's what you're looking for. Having said that, I usually take the car because I like to be fully geared up on the bike, and it's just too much hassle to change out of my armored pants at the club. Plus I like to have a beer or two while in at the club, but I won't touch alcohol when I'm on the bike.
  • metalhed
    12 years ago
    Im with you on the no alcohol while riding, which is kind of a bummer, but a good time can still be had.
  • Titangs
    12 years ago
    Ride mine to the club all the time. Have you considered an adjustable cable lock? I use one 6ft cable lock, run it through my jacket sleeve, helmet, and overpant leg, then lock it all to the bike.
  • Clubber
    12 years ago
    metal, Yep, we can ride all year, just don't have anywhere to ride! :) As for the attraction of bikes, one of the best I heard years ago and before recent H-D ads, is that it is one of the few times you aren't in a box. Box being, home, car, office, cubicle, etc... As the saying goes, it isn't, If you will get hurt, rather, when will you get hurt? Only a fool would mess with a biker or his bike! One might be alone, but trust me, there are others around.
  • bang69
    12 years ago
    I've rode to a few sc's on my harley. It was fun. The host or Hostest will hold your helmet for you. Some of the girls have motorcycles them selfs & ride for fun. So try it
  • sharkhunter
    12 years ago
    I'd probably be hypocritical if I talked about how dangerous I thought motorcycles were. I remember riding on a regular bicycle at speeds up to 60 mph with no helmet on and loving every minute of it in the middle of highway traffic. Well the rest of the traffic wasn't bothering me at that speed but if I wiped out, I probably wouldn't be posting this today. I believe I stayed away from motorcycles mainly due to cost. I might have gotten hurt if I had my hands on one because everyone I knew always liked to know how fast everything would go. After saying that, I do not think it's safe to routinely ride a motorcycle in South Carolina. The drivers here and many other places are awful at times. It just takes one stupid driver to pull out right in front of you and you can't stop in time. Then you become another statistic. I do believe riding mopeds at night is even more dangerous though. I hear about night driving moped drivers getting killed a lot. I prefer to stay out of the 20,000 to 50,000 annual dead riders or drivers club. However I don't blame anyone wanting to have some fun and go for a ride. I'll wish them luck if they routinely ride around with all the other idiots operating large death machines on the road.
  • sharkhunter
    12 years ago
    Now if I looked like the star of one show called Ghost Rider, then of course I wouldn't care because I would have demonic powers over life and death. If you haven't searched youtube for the term ghost rider, then you missed out on some good videos. A dare devil went by that name and posted videos online. I did finally get talked into wearing a helmet while bicyling. It may have saved my life one evening.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion