tuscl

Some Game for the Club

Okay, my first visit since Founder's most recent change. I REALLY, REALLY, REALLY LIKE THE ENLARGED WINDOW TO TYPE IN!!!!!!! THANK YOU FOUNDER!

Anyways, had this thought pop into my head this weekend. At some clubs, where a jukebox spins the tunes as opposed to a DJ, it is common for the dancers about to take the stage to ask the guys in the crowd for a $1 "for the juke box". My question to the intelligentsia is whether anyone has ever replied "Well, okay but I get to pick the music."? Did such reply terminate the $1 request? Or, did you actually pick out the music? I am curious. Thanks!

7 comments

• shadowcat
    13 years ago
    It's been so long since I visited a club without a DJ that I only vaguely remember once and she asked me if there was anything that I wanted to hear.
  • Clubber
    13 years ago
    Tootsie's, in North Miami, was the last club I knew of that dancers asked for jukebox money. Back then, a quarter was the asking price.
  • Clubber
    13 years ago
    Oh, and I never asked to pick the tunes.
  • Club_Goer_Seattle
    13 years ago
    I'm with Clubber. I have the same story. Same price. Except mine was at a bikini bar in Reseda, CA. I can't even remember it's name anymore. Anyone here from the San Fernando Valley that could help? It was on Sherman Way, south side, a couple of doors west of Reseda Blvd. Your basic hole-in-the-wall beer bar. I never asked to choose the music. I couldn't wait to get rid of waitress shaking the coffee can full of change in my ear. I recall the place died by the mid-1980's. The next tenant in that space was a religious bookstore!
  • Clubber
    13 years ago
    CG,

At least Tootsie's is still going strong, although in it's third reincarnation that I know of.
  • wwpmi
    13 years ago
    a couple of clubs in Jacksonville have a juke box and the girls ask for a $1 but will play anything you want. One club even has a laptop connected to a PA, nc and they will play any request.
  • EarlTee
    13 years ago
    CG, I'm remembering (from the late 80s) a topless place on the south side of Sherman Way. In my mind it's a bit farther east of Reseda Blvd. Real dump... there were heavy drapes hanging in the door, and they looked so disgusting I hesitated to touch them. Below-average women. No idea what the name was. I was a Candy Cat Too regular.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion