tuscl

Not a good night at my usual club . . .

Monday, February 13, 2012 9:09 PM
This is not a review (hence it is in the discussion section) because I think this is an experience that can be had at any club. So tonight about 9:30 I decided to head over to Papermoon Downtown in Richmond, VA -- as close to a "regular" club as I have since I travel to Richmond more often than anywhere else. Parking lot was not empty, but not jam packed either. Fairly typical for a Monday night when it's not football season. First sign of trouble was that one of the bouncers was working the front counter (usually it's a girl). Next, in the main room there were far fewer customers than I had expected, given the number of cars. Turns out that while there appeared to quite a number of dancers, several where not dancing, but instead appeared to be there to encourage and tutor several new dancers. Likewise it appeared that the majority of the customers were friends of the new dancers (or, perhaps of the "trainers") who were encouraging the new girls with showers of singles. I knew that I was not going to be able or willing to part with anything like that kind of stage tipping, so after a few songs I moved to a table. Of the dancers actually going on stage, most were not my preferred type(s). Moreover, when the first 2-4-1 was called shortly after I arrived, not a single dancer even approached me. A few of the dancers I tipped did stop by my table to thank me, but quickly moved on. One dancer did approach me, but her opening line ("Are you ready to party?") was also her only one with me (and I heard her approach several other customers with the same line). Finally, on the second 2-4-1, a dancer I had not seen yet and very much my type came to ask if I wanted a dance. I agreed, but on they way to the lapdance room two things happened that bothered me: 1) She quoted the price for the more expensive VIP; 2) she asked me to tip the bouncer in the VIP. The first was not a problem, really, as I would have requested it anyway, but it's nice to be given the option. The second was a first for me (I guess he is her boyfriend maybe) -- I usually do not tip bouncers during a 2-4-1. As I was paying for the dance, they then turned up the pressure to go for a longer dance (not 2-4-1). Since they tend to cut the 2-4-1's short, I agreed. In the looks department this girl was great . . . in the dance department, she would have been alright for someone who wants noting but friction, but that's not me. Zero eye contact, and at points pressure bordering on crushing. When I went back to the main room, the dancer on stage was the one who had been up when I came in. The dancer who I had gone for the 2-4-1 never came to the main room. I finished my drink and left. Oh well . . . I've had worse times at strip clubs . . .But this was definitely in the bottom 10.

9 comments

• Alucard
    12 years ago
    If you go into Clubs often enough that type episode will happen. I try very much to avoid those situations by only seeing Dancers who I know will provide me with very good, if not superior experiences.
  • Blue42TX
    12 years ago
    I am lucky enough to live in a city where if the club doesnt seem right that night....i'll move on to another.
  • Clubber
    12 years ago
    Alucard hit the nail on the head. When you've been clubbing as long as many of us on here have been, there are few surprises any longer.
  • JuiceBox69
    12 years ago
    Dracula said it the best !
  • JacksonEsskay
    12 years ago
    It occurred to me after my little rant on the discussion board that they were probably scheduling the talent for tonight (there was a poster promotion a Valentine's Day event of some kind).
  • lopaw
    12 years ago
    Yeah I think most of us encounter this type of thing from time to time. I'm also lucky enough to live in an area that's crawling with stripclubs, so I'll usually just cut my losses and move to another club.
  • Clubber
    12 years ago
    lopaw, Visit enough clubs and you will be "crawling" TO strip clubs. :)
  • georgmicrodong
    12 years ago
    @JacksonEssKay: Been there, done that, as most who've done this for any length of time probably have. As lopaw and others point, at some point you learn to cut your losses earlier. :)
  • shadowcat
    12 years ago
    I visited my favorite club about 40 times last year. I had 3 bad visits. So it happens even in the best of clubs.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion