tuscl

Victim: The lap dance from hell

shadowcat
Atlanta suburb
Stripper claims she was raped on job

Updated: Sunday, 12 Feb 2012, 11:43 AM MST
Published : Sunday, 12 Feb 2012, 11:43 AM MST
Celina Westervelt

ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (KRQE) - An exotic dancer says she was raped early Saturday morning by a client at the TD's North Strip Club on Eubank near Menaul in Albuquerque.

"While performing services with a client she reported that the client did rape her," Albuquerque Police Sargent Ferris Simmons explained.

Police declined to elaborate further, but News 13 has learned the client was a regular at the club and the dancer says she was giving him a lap dance when he raped her.

Authorities say for some reason the man became very aggressive with the dancer.

She called to report the alleged rape just after 2 a.m. Then she was taken to the Lovelace Women's Hospital where she was examined and where she also told doctors what happened.

"The Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner does complete those exams and as soon as they're available the investigation will be able to move forward," Sgt. Simmons said.

TD's declined to comment on the incident.

Police have not named the suspect, and he has yet to be arrested.

12 comments

• GoVikings
    13 years ago
    This sucks, she'll probably never dance again. What I don't get is, how does this happen without a bouncer rushing in and beating the stuffing out of the dude?
  • sharkhunter
    13 years ago
    So does this mean he had sex with her without her consent? I don't understand how this could happen either without a bouncer noticing and rushing in unless the club was pretty dead and not being monitored.
  • jackslash
    13 years ago
    Maybe she decided it was rape after he refused to pay her.
  • bang69
    13 years ago
    Che I agree with you. As a former bouncer its hard to be in all areas of a club. Yes I have gotn into a few fights with patrons over not pay ing the dancer he was with.
  • looneylarry
    13 years ago
    Another cautionary tale about making sure that everyone is on the same page. I had a situation one time where we hadn't talked about doing anything like that, no negotiating, no expectations, no prices, no nothing. A few songs in, she undid the belt, unzipped me, put my fingers in, then grabbed me and took it all like a cowgirl. I panicked and shut it down right away (the bouncers were hovering nearby). But it could have turned into a situation like Albuquerque. Who's to say she wouldn't allege that I had slipped it in and she was the innocent one? Strippers sometimes do things that are not rational. If sexual assault is contact or penetration without consent, then it is best to communicate clearly at all times. If the guy really did force himself on her, then he should be prosecuted to the full extent of the law. But remember the potential grey area that you are entering when you step inside the club.
  • Papi_Chulo
    13 years ago
    One should always give the benefit of the doubt. But this story sounds a bit fishy to me.

Most rapes I've heard of happen when a woman is alone at home or when she is taken by force to a secluded area. I've never heard of a woman being raped in a public place where there are other people around (groped yes, but not raped).

The natural instinct for someone getting attacked or raped to get away or fight back and try to get away. You would think she could have screamed or caused enough of a commotion for club personnel, dancers, or a customer to notice?
  • shadowcat
    13 years ago
  • JuiceBox69
    13 years ago
    Well looks like I'm going to prison !ooooooops !
  • Otto22
    13 years ago
    Looks like the check bounced!
  • shadowcat
    13 years ago
    I am gonna stay out of this club. Two shootings and an allegded rape.

ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. -- Just months after a bouncer was slain at TD's, there was another shooting at the strip club, and nearby businesses are calling for more security.
    Gunshots filled the air Friday night at TD's, while dozens of family pets spent the night at a kennel across the street.
    "It's pretty scary. We have dogs here who are terrified of thunder, let alone gunshots. I'm sure it freaked them out pretty bad," kennel employee Jennifer Kramb said.
    Police said one suspect said he was asked to leave the nightclub earlier in the night. Witnesses said the suspects left the club, got in their van, started firing shots and sped off, according to police.
    Police said the suspects drove to the 400 block of Bridge Street where they fired more shots.
    Police arrested Monico Montoya and Isaac Montoya. They appeared in court Sunday on charges of shooting from a motor vehicle.
    In August, police said a customer shot and killed a bouncer at the same strip club. Area businesses said it's time for something to be done.
    "Maybe limiting how much liquor they serve to certain people. If they see that someone is getting aggravated they should cut them off," Kramb said.
    TD's had no comment on the shooting.
  • how
    13 years ago
    There are dancers at that club who give BBFSCIP, but this situation sounds like assault/rape, given the "very aggressive" behavior. When doing it ITC, always let her lead the way, including letting her put mini-you inside. No means no, and she can say no anytime in any situation, and we guys MUST respect that...without exception. Respect women without condition.
  • sharkhunter
    13 years ago
    I wouldn't like it either if some dancer stuck part of me up inside them and I picked up something extra I never wanted. Some dancers get aggressive and don't ask before they act. Because of this I may avoid getting dances if I'm not that attracted to a dancer even if she drops her price to free. I don't trust a dancer offering free dances. She wants something else if she offers to dance for free. One of these days, I might take a dancer up on a free offer. Actually I've had several free dances but I already knew the dancers. Some types of girls definitely seem more aggressive than others.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion