tuscl

ATM in a club? Yes or no?

Clubber
Florida
Do you like them being there? Yes or no? Now, that said, assuming most would answer as a customer, how would you answer as an club bartender/owner/manager/dancer?

23 comments

• chandler
    18 years ago
    Another habit I follow is to make sure to break 20s when I buy drinks so that I always have plenty of 10s and 5s on me for paying dancers the exact amount. If I owe her, say, $15, I'd rather not have to choose between asking her for change back for a 20 or else tipping her $5 when she may not warrant it.
  • SteelerDawg
    18 years ago
    Luckily the clubs I frequent aren't THAT dark so I don't have to use a blind man's strategy with my bills.. Typically I keep my 20's in the front left pocket, in folded stacks of 100.. so I can feel how much money I have left pretty easily, and also so I'm never flashing more than 100 at a time..

All the smaller bills go in the right pocket for paying for drinks and stage tipping. I *rarely* sit at the stage, (no one really does 'round here).. but when I do I usually just keep all the 1's sitting out for convenience. Otherwise, I always pull out the buck or two on my way to the stage when I'm sitting elsewhere.
  • chandler
    18 years ago
    Uh-oh, I'm sounding like casualguy.
  • chandler
    18 years ago
    FONDL: Back when I was a strip club noob, I saw guys do that and decided to try it myself. I thought it must be a trick to encourage hot babes to swarm all over me. It didn't quite work out. So, I quit trying it, thinking it might make me look too desperate. I guess I was just thinking too much. Sometimes, I see guys mark their table with their car keys while gone to the restroom. I'll nudge the girl who's with me and suggest we grab them for a joyride.
  • chandler
    18 years ago
    Shadowcat: I use the same system, except I keep 20s, 10s and 5s all in one front pocket and 100s in a back pocket with my ID, no wallet. I haven't broken a 100 since March, so they don't get flashed around much. But, anyway, it makes it easy to reach into one front pocket for $1 tips and the other to pay for dances or drinks.

What kills me is seeing these guys who sit at the stage and, after a stripper has given them a nice one-on-one, they laboriously reach into their pocket, pull out a wallet, open in, fish through the bill compartment and, finally, pull out a single. It's so agonizing to wait through, I feel like handing them one of mine to tip with.
  • FONDL
    18 years ago
    I usually just leave my small bills on the table or bar where I'm sitting. If I go to the john I just leave them there. I've never had a problem doing that.
  • FONDL
    18 years ago
    I usually keep some money in my car for emergencies, that's my ATM. I don't like to keep all my money in my wallet.
  • Clubber
    18 years ago
    chandler,

I use the 100's trick to stash some cash. I used to use 20's, but they are just to easy to use. Many places will not accept 100's, therefore easier to hang on too and no need to replenish as often.
  • chandler
    18 years ago
    The problem I have with using ATMs for my reserve bankroll is all those twenties. I usually carry no more than about $200 in twenties or smaller bills from a bank ATM, with two or more hundreds tucked away just in case. I rarely break the hundreds, so I don't often need to replenish them.
  • Book Guy
    18 years ago
    Given that my (and most other) bank's restrictions limit me to withdrawing from an ATM no more than $400 per 24-hour period, and considering that I usually stockpile more than that by visiting the ATM several days running before a weekend (or by visiting the teller when the bank is open, if I can FIND a goddammed bank with a teller and with amenable business hours!), then the presence of another ATM long my hobbying route is entirely moot. I've already withdrawn more than I could have before I discovered it.

• parodyman-->
    18 years ago
    Chitown seems to be "right on the money" so to speak. We are adults who make our own choices so live with the consequences. If you object to the jacked up ATM fee don't use it. If on the other hand you think you might need a few extra bucks to have a better time than do what you will.Either way if you don't like the end results you have nothing and no one to blame but yourself.
  • Clubber
    18 years ago
    minnow,

Excellent analogy. And to further expand on it, like many of today’s spare tires compared to REAL tires, ATM’s are less efficient (fees) than bringing plenty of cash with you.
  • minnow
    18 years ago
    I see ATM's in clubs as being akin to having spare tire in car: You plan not to use it (ATM fees range from $3-$10 in clubs I've sampled), but its nice to "keep you going" when needed.
  • casualguy
    18 years ago
    ATM's in clubs don't bother me. I used one years ago but I didn't like how they usually charge a fee that amounts to 3 or 4 dollars or something extra. I've been using a free bank ATM to get money out of the bank for several years now.
  • chandler
    18 years ago
    I used to try to limit my spending by taking an amount I wanted to stay within. Didn't work. I'd find a way to rationalize getting more cash if I wanted it. Or if I did stay disciplined, I often felt bitter about the way my visit ended. Now, I always take way more than I could spend. I'm more prudent because I don't treat everything on me as disposable. And I don't worry about getting caught in that dicey end game anymore.
  • AbbieNormal
    18 years ago
    I think its good to have them, but if I'm using one it usually means I'm spending too much. I also go in with a planned pile-o-cash and plan to leave when it is gone, but every so often one must let the good times roll and the ATM is nice to have. As Chitown mentions it's also nice to have them for the impromptu trip to a club so you don't have to search a sketchy part of town for an ATM and the only people you have to wory about taking your money are dancers.
  • chitownlawyer
    18 years ago
    I like to have an ATM in a club, although I use them about once every two years. I like to have the convenience, especially if I happen to be making a previously unscheduled trip. I am a grown-up, and can deal with choices.
  • FONDL
    18 years ago
    I've never used an ATM in a club. Or anywhere else either for that matter. When that day's allotted SC money is gone, so am I.

Welcome, Taco, it's good to have a new voice here. Us old timers keep having the same discussions over and over again and it sometimes gets kind of boring.
  • Golfer99
    18 years ago
    I generally don't drink much so I use them with a clear head my only issue is that there are more than one type, one is a 'real ATM' what charges a normal $2 buck fee or nothing if it's your bank or a non charge bank, but some as I once found out hit you with a large fee. I think I got out $300 and got hit with 6%, didn't read the small print. I called and bitched and they gave it back. Those seem to be a vanishing breed but are still around.
  • SteelerDawg
    18 years ago
    By the way, I'm new around these here parts.. been lurking for a month or so.. and only been a "regular" at the SC's for about eight months. I'm a rookie at all this.

Anyway, I've found ATM's to be a necessary evil. Typically I don't use them as I go into the club with all the cash I need... but there are "emergencies" that pop up. ATF doesn't show up until just before I'm ready to leave.. or taking a chance on a new girl at the very end and hitting it off.

I do have a strategy with the ATM tho, knowing how weak-willed I can be. I leave my regular card at home. I have an account with Compass Bank that I keep charged up with about 250, and I use that as my SC card. Compass Bank rebates back ALL ATM fees. :)
  • hugevladfan
    18 years ago
    dancers love them to pieces, I have used them twice in all my clubbing experiences on juss one girl and I was grateful the one time I had to rely on it. Sometimes emergencies arise but I can normally exhibit a decent level of self-control.
  • chandler
    18 years ago
    Yes. It would be kind of dull without customers. Oh, you mean the machines? I don't care. Never use them. I'm guessing the dancers, etc. love them to pieces.
  • parodyman-->
    18 years ago
    I don't care because I don't use them. I bring cash with me to pay for all of my clubbing expenses.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion