tuscl

What Makes a Dancer Hide Out .....

In another thread, Che mentioned that he has had dancers "hide out" with him to avoid dancing or contact with other customers. We have had the same thing happen to us. So, here's the question: What type of customer makes a dancer (or you as a dancer for the entertainers on here) "hide out?"

15 comments

• Club_Goer_Seattle
    13 years ago
    Your situation is probably different than most dancers who feel the need to avoid certain customers. I sense that the two of you treat your dancers very well, so I can't imagine why a dancer you know, would avoid you, and to the point of hiding out. Perhaps there was some jealousy or rivalry involved with another dancer.

I have heard stories of dancers hiding out because a customer/boyfriend/father came into the club who is someone that the dancer was embarrassed to let it be known that she worked as a stripper. Two stories that I witnessed:

1. A dancer's favorite high school teacher came into the club where she worked. She was on stage at the time he came in. He even asked her for a dance. She was so embarrassed that she found a way to sneak out of the club without him seeing, after she got off stage. (The Strip Joint, Pomona, CA)

2. A dancer's former high school classmate came in with a table full of friends. She was already nude on stage when she noticed them. (Rick's, Seattle, WA)

I was avoided once by a dancer, likely because she knew she owed me money. I knew she was in the club and I stayed for three hours anyway. I hope she enjoyed being holed up in the dressing room during that time. (Rick's, Seattle, WA)

I'm sure that other TUSCL members could contribute a wealth of stories.
  • JackKash
    13 years ago
    I've been a safe haven from the "nursey school" set, bachelor parties and former customers. Also been used as a reason to avoid going on stage, especially for the parade before any sort of special and as an excuse to avoid the often futile "Want a dance?" tour around the club (as long as I'd be buying at some point).
  • Stiletto25
    13 years ago
    I actually don't have any experience with hiding out but I've seen some girls do it. They usually hide in the dressing room though
  • JuiceBox69
    13 years ago
    I've always got this problem ? I just can't find my atf ?
  • sinclair
    13 years ago
    Had a dancer give me her phone number and said we should meet up after the club closed, likely trying to spur me to spend more in the here and now. I then slipped out to get some dinner and came back to said club. The dancer avoided me even though I spent $150 on her before going out to eat. I later found out she gave me a fake number, so she was avoiding me because she thought I had figured that out and would be pissed. I did not know at the time it was a fake. She lost out on a
  • sinclair
    13 years ago
    Had a dancer give me her phone number and said we should meet up after the club closed, likely trying to spur me to spend more in the here and now. I then slipped out to get some dinner and came back to said club. The dancer avoided me even though I spent $150 on her before going out to eat. I later found out she gave me a fake number, so she was avoiding me because she thought I had figured that out and would be pissed. I did not know at the time it was a fake. She lost out on making alot more money that night. She should've just not bothered with the fake number scheme.
  • Tiredtraveler
    13 years ago
    I had a dancer come sit with me as she had danced for me before and did not leave my side the whole evening unless she went on to stage because she did not want to go to the locked room because her roommate (another dancer at the same club and working that night) had a fit and thrown a shoe through her flat panel TV 3 nights before when she told her that she could no longer bring customers to her apartment. After the shoe she had her brother throw the other girl's "shit" out of her place and this was the first night she they were both working. The manager had a strict policy "NO Cat Fights" if they fought they were both fired and this girl was 4' 11" and 95 Lbs the other girl was 5'9" and 180lbs. "She wanted to keep her job and the other girl was stoned and wanted to fight." She told me all this over the course of time at table promising if I helped her she would be xtra nice and one pathetic dance. I left early that night to avoid getting involved and went someplace else. I am not a protector. Went back a few weeks later and they had made up and she had moved back in.
    I learned early in my clubbing (after moving beyond the PL stage) not to believe or care about the dancers problems.
  • Chanel
    13 years ago
    I once hid out after dancing for an older (70's) lady and her companion (60's). They tipped the waitress to find me because she wanted an upgraded VIP dance.

They were both really nice but I didn't want to take her in the VIP because it wasn't private and there were ALOT of extras going on in there at the time. I didn't want to expose her to that because she looked so conservative.
  • gatorfan
    13 years ago
    I think they wait for their regular customers to arrive
  • grand1511
    13 years ago
    Once had my regular dancer come up to me all panicky and ask if should could just hang out with me, then moved to the couches where she just kept on dancing for me for free. I was in heaven. Then it all stopped and she told me what was going on. An off- duty cop had been stalking her for several days and he had come into the club that night. She felt safe in the dance area with bouncer protection. Then the guy left and that's when she told me what was going on. That was the most uneasy walk to the car I've ever had from a club. About a month later I read in the paper that a cop from the department the dude worked for got fired for stalking several women off duty and using department computers to get personal info on the women. Just happy I never actually met the guy.
  • lopaw
    13 years ago
    I've "hidden" more dancers than I can even remember. Most of the time it was because either she didn't want to go onstage, or more likely, was avoiding an annoying customer.
  • sharkhunter
    13 years ago
    Multiple reasons a dancer may hide out from someone or even hide in the back and get dances. If she won't get in trouble for not going on stage, I've had a dancer offer a good deal on more lap dances so she can avoid going up on stage. Some clubs won't allow that though. Other reasons for hiding from a particular customer are that she is pissed off at someone, she owes money to someone, she just doesn't like him and thinks he is an a..hole or she is having some emotional problem and can't deal with it very well.
  • sharkhunter
    13 years ago
    I think some dancers even take a whole hour to get pretty or freshen up. Some clubs may have showers as well. They may not be hiding but getting ready to come out or taking a shower if they got all hot and sweaty after dancing. I prefer a dancer to be dry before she gets sweat all over me.
  • sharkhunter
    13 years ago
    Some are looking at messages on their smart phones as well. I remember one dancer wasn't hiding but she was a second dancer sitting at my table just looking at messages on her phone for over 15 minutes occasionally talking to the other dancer at my table. The second dancer was a 9 or 10, she could hang out at my table as long as she wanted.
  • Dolfan
    13 years ago
    There are a few who hide out with me on a pretty regular basis. Two in particular have one regular customer who comes in on each of the shifts they work and makes their night, they don't see value in dealing with the customer population at large - so when I'm there and their customer isn't they hide out. Management has strict rules about hiding out in the dressing room, appearing unapproachable, etc, and has fairly firm shifts, so they're pretty much stuck having to be out walking the floor.

I don't spend any considerable money on either of them, I rarely buy dances from them they've both probably bought me as many drinks as I've bought them. The first just stopped by in obligatory fashion and quickly realized I wasn't interested in her but wasn't being an asshole, so she stuck around and waited for her customer while I waited for the dancer I came in to see. The second saw the first spending time with me and thought I must have been spending an obscene amount of cash to keep her around so she tried to swoop in and steal me as a customer. We've become pretty friendly, all 3 of us will often hang out together hiding out. It's works for everyone, my dancer of choice doesn't feel pressured to rush over, I don't get annoyed waiting, and the other girls don't have to deal with patrons.

Other than that, the most of the dancers I harbor are avoiding an undesirable customer - usually based on past experience but occasionally based race or odor
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion