tuscl

Getting into TJ - Adelitas/Hong Kong - Passport or no?

GroovnHigh
California
Monday, January 16, 2012 9:56 AM
Hey guys I live in San DIego and just read many great reviews on Adelitas/Hong Kong. I noticed a lot of people mentioning that they parked their car at the last exit of San Diego and took the taxi to get across the border. I noticed that nobody mentioned having to bring a passport or passport ID. Don't you need a passport to get across the border and into these clubs?

17 comments

• shadowcat
    12 years ago
    No. You just need one to get back into the U.S.
  • bang69
    12 years ago
    Wach your back while in Mexico. If you feel somethin is wrong get bact back across the border asap. Get tested for std's. have fun
  • GroovnHigh
    12 years ago
    What do you mean if I feel something is wrong? Like if a group of people mug me or something? Actually happened to my dad a couple times down there. One of the reasons I'm hestitant to go down there, although the reviews make it sound like Adelita and Hong Kong are quite safe.
  • gsv
    12 years ago
    I have been there on numerous ocassions and never really felt unsafe. Obviously be smart, maybe put a $20 bill in one of your shoes just in case you lose your wallet you have enough to get you back to the US (and then some).
  • dudeanonymous
    12 years ago
    [view link] The relevant info: Since March 1, 2010, all U.S. citizens – including children – have been required to present a valid passport or passport card for travel beyond the “border zone” into the interior of Mexico. The “border zone” is generally defined as an area within 20 to 30 kilometers of the border with the U.S., depending on the location. Regardless of the destination in Mexico; however, all U.S. citizens age 16 or older must present a valid U.S. passport book or passport card to re-enter the U.S. by land. A passport book is required to return to the United States via an international flight.
  • rh48hr
    12 years ago
    I came back across last summer with just my drivers license, but I received a a few questions. I will have a passport for future jaunts across the boarder. The people I saw with passports didn't receive much of a hassle.
  • Cheo_D
    12 years ago
    Officially, to reenter the US overland the standard requirement is one of these: (a) Passport, (b) "Passport Card" (a sort of passport-lite, works only at land or sea crossings), or (c) HomelandSec-compliant "Enhanced ID", which only a handful of state DMVs issue yet (it includes an embeded chip that can be read by the border officers' scanners). HOWEVER when doing leisure and business in the Border zone, if you do not go beyond the zone itself or remain past a certain amount of time, you may be allowed reentry by just having valid officialy-issued ID and proof of citizenship. The CBP staff at that crossing are quite accustomed to Americans crossing for the sole purpose of partying in Tijuana anyway, and they probably also get to see them at their worst after a night of fun, so the degree of hassle you get over how good are your papers will likely depend on how well you fit some profile or another. Showing your VIP Club cards will NOT be considered a funny gag. All reports are if you stick to the tourist zone in TJ one need not fear much more than a vulgar street rip-off, but of course, everyone should be streetwise as you would in any funky neighborhood. Get the contact info for the US Consulate in Tijuana and keep it somewhere safe in case you need it.
  • deogol
    12 years ago
    I have not been to TJ, but I have been to other parts of Mexico. I think the reason people take a taxi in is because one needs special car insurance within the interior. You can usually buy it near the border check point for one or two days, but it is something you will need. Other information for more than 72 hour travel can be found here: [view link]
  • gatorfan
    12 years ago
    Fuck the passport
  • Dougster
    12 years ago
    What do you tell the border guys you were doing when you come back?
  • GroovnHigh
    12 years ago
    I need to just buy myself a Passport ID.
  • Alucard
    12 years ago
    "What do you tell the border guys you were doing when you come back?" I was Fucking the passport with gatorfan. That's assuming you get back to the Border ALIVE!!!
  • deogol
    12 years ago
    If worse comes to worse, it's obviously pretty easy to just sneak back over.
  • Alucard
    12 years ago
    "If worse comes to worse, it's obviously pretty easy to just sneak back over" Without an ID? Good way to end up in jail. But I guess that is better than dead.
  • vincemichaels
    12 years ago
    Don't forget to tell the little kid sitting on the street, NO !!! when he offers you his little sister :)
  • wwpmi
    12 years ago
    I have found that getting into Mexico requires nothing, getting back into the US is a much better experiance if you have proper documention. I have entered the US from TJ many times and after and if you have you endure the line, the people at the desk just scan you passport, ask you if you are bringing anything back, and on rare occasion ask you why you were in Mexico. I answer the last with "just being a tourist". I have never had a problem. The real problem with going to TJ too much is why would you ever spend any money in a US Strip Club, I mean now I measure my rate of return between a ave. SC with a minimum of $25 for about 3 minutes of "maybe something" compared to about $85 for 30 minutes of gaurenteed "most anything you want" with what would be rated as a 9.5 in many clubs in most states in the US.
  • gsv
    12 years ago
    I have been to/go to TJ and still enjoy American strip clubs. It's a different experience. The girls in TJ are definitely very hot, but it's also not nearly of a classy environment and not very good for conversations, unless you're particularly good in Spanish. I'm not too bad at Spanish and can easily get by with a bit more than just small talk, but it's very hard to have a meaningful conversation. If you're into that sort of thing it's nice to go to an American club still. If you're purely just trying to bust a nut, then yea - TJ is pretty much the best way to go. I still know of a few places in the US where I can find a much higher 'dancer quality' on average than TJ - but you can definitely find hot girls in TJ too, I've just found it's a bit harder and there's quite a few not-so-good looking girls mixed in. Not a big deal when you can still get to the hotties, but there's plenty of American clubs where the minimum standards are a bit higher.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion