tuscl

38 Arrested In Prostitution Roundup

COLUMBUS, Ohio Officials say 38 people are in custody after what is being called an operation to curb prostitution around Franklin County.

The operation was executed Monday between 10 a.m. and 8 p.m. around Franklin County.

According to the Franklin County Sheriff's Office, investigators received citizen complaints of specific areas of concern, along with offenders who were allegedly using websites to advertise sexual activity for hire.

The operation targeted those who use hotels in the Interstate 270 and Route 23 corridor to meet clients, as well as alleged prostitutes in other areas of Franklin County.

Officials said 38 people were arrested on approximately 54 misdemeanor and felony charges including promoting prostitution, soliciting for prostitution and drug possession.

In addition, approximately $2,500 in cash was seized by investigators as part of the operation.

According to the sheriff's office, one man who was arrested traveled to Ohio from Indiana to help promote prostitution.

In another case, investigators found a 3-year-old child waiting in a car in the parking lot while the mother was inside the hotel allegedly for purposes of engaging in prostitution.

Nearly all suspects were taken to the Franklin County Jail, while some were taken to area hospitals with court summons due to health concerns.
http://www2.nbc4i.com/news/2012/jan/10/3…

11 comments

• jackslash
    13 years ago
    Wow! They arrested 38 people and seized $2,500 in cash! That's about $66 a person. Prostitution must be great profession in Ohio.
  • stripclubspy
    13 years ago
    In Ohio the women are willing to barter for chewin' tobacco and used tires... they probably forgot to mention the amount of those seized...
  • CTQWERTY
    13 years ago
    What, no bust of The House of Babes???

The local hotels will miss the business.
  • vincemichaels
    13 years ago
    Pigs!!!! I hope you were just watching the news on TV, samsung1 :)
  • HonestT
    13 years ago
    About 6 of the busted women were BackPage favorites of many. I wonder how many of the girls need a ride home from the lockup?

Too soon? Probably!
  • Prim0
    13 years ago
    Columbus police should be spending their resources on this type of crime since we haven't had an unsolved shooting in the city in at least 2 days. I get that they had to act on complaints...but I imagine they get a lot more complaints about shootings than prostitution. If they legalized and taxed prostitution i'm sure they'd bring in more than $2500 and could reroute their energies to more dangerous crimes.
  • Ewe
    13 years ago
  • deogol
    13 years ago
    Showing these gals on the internet: Free advertising for women who stay in the business, trouble for women who get out of the business. I don't know about how right this kind of thing is.
  • 3LeggedMan
    13 years ago
    Not exactly "free advertising". Did you look at those pics? Out of 21, I'd say ONE would be rated over a 4, and probably only a 6 at that. Did the cops ignore any cute hookers, or is this the standard of beauty in Columbus?
  • georgmicrodong
    13 years ago
    @3LM: Same thought here.
  • mmdv26
    13 years ago
    Ditto 3LM. Scary lookin' women! Surely this "operation" was part of a city-wide beautification project.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion