tuscl

"You look like that actress, you know, the one on TV."

chandler
Blue Ridge Foothills
Do you very often tell strippers they look like somebody famous? How do they react?

I think about such similarities a lot more often than I say. I usually see a combination of features from two or more celebrities that would be kind of hard to explain. When I do tell them, it's usually not the same person they say most guys tell them they look like. The popular comparisons usually strike me as lame and unimaginative, e.g., all cute young blondes are told they look like Britney Spears (until recently, that is), all short-haired, light-skinned black girls look like Halle Berry.

13 comments

• FONDL
    18 years ago
    Book Guy, I totally agree that Jessica Simpson looks like a stripper. Maybe that's why I think she's so hot.

I've neer been told that I look like anybody famous. I must be very ordinary looking. People come up to me all the time and say, "Don't I know you from somewhere?"
  • Book Guy
    18 years ago
    It's not the strippers who look like Jessica Simpson (or Pam Anderson). It's Jessica and Pam who look like strippers. :)
  • chandler
    18 years ago
    Shadowcat: In his post-Mash years, Alan Alda, good looks and all, became known as such a cliche that, justly or not, his name stood for a type of insincere, PC-friendly man. (Sorry about the long words.) Rather than explain it any further, I Googled "alan alda-ish" and got these results on the first page:

#1 -->comes across in a sensitive, sincere manner, without crossing the line into an Alan Alda-ish "Gee I'm sorry I'm a man" tone. ...

#2 -->sensitive, Alan Alda-ish balladeers of the seventies. James Taylor and his ilk may have started with folk music, but in an ongoing effort to mellow ...

#4 -->Abandon the argument of authenticity, drop the Alan Alda-ish nice guy first person impression, dump the obliging 90's thought-exercises of presenting ...

#6 -->Hate to get all "Alan Alda-ish" but I'm not a big fan of blowing away defenseless animals with rifles from 50 yards away. ...

#7 -->Men that support women can be cast as Alan Alda-ish: soft and femme. But they aren't: they're the most manly men that I know. Only a coward, like Limbaugh, ...

#8 -->I'm going to try that sort of Alan Alda-ish look of sensitive despair this afternoon and see if that doesn't hook 'em in. ...
  • chandler
    18 years ago
    ...and in writing, you're the anti-Alan Alda (i.e., sensitive-to-a-fault man fot the age of women's lib).
  • chandler
    18 years ago
    Sometimes, I think the habit of finding similar facial features in people is a hard-wired trait. I've learned not to speak up when I see it to some friends who I know will always just shake their heads and say nope, don't see it. On the other hand, I've had people point out a similarity that I don't see myself at first. Then, after a while I'll see EXACTLY what they're talking about. Maybe it's just in the eyes or in a brief expression. I like sharing that.
  • FONDL
    18 years ago
    I only remember one girl who reminded me of a star and I told her so. I think my most recent fave is a dead ringer for Jessica Simpson.
  • chandler
    18 years ago
    Just to clarify, I'm asking about a stripper *reminding* you of some actress or celebrity, not whether she's as good looking. Now, she might take it to mean that, so citing Oprah to her is ill advised.
  • messaround
    18 years ago
    I am having a bad week - think I saw an Oprah look alike - the thin version but still way too big - gotta find a way to travel......
  • DandyDan
    18 years ago
    Usually, I meet strippers who look more like any number of my ex-girlfriends than any celebrities. I don't think it has the same effect.
  • Book Guy
    18 years ago
    If these girls really do look as good as certain actresses, it makes you wonder what the actresses did "right" in their careers. I used to bemoan the fact that "hot enough" women weren't accessible to me, as I saw the unattainable standard presented up there on the silver screen and at Oscar night, to which I knew I'd never get invited. Then, I had the opportunity to meet some official super-hotties in real life, and discovered that (a) they were normal people full of quirks and (b) doggoneit YES they were hotter than any woman I'd ever have a chance to date.

So THEN, I started to wonder whether or not strippers could compare. And yes, they can. Some of them are as stellar and super-hot as any given Hollywood star. Especially one of the stars who has a certain "look" -- for example, Sandra Bullock at the start of "Miss Congeniality" is ultra-ugly, because she lacks the "made up professionally" appearance that gives her star quality hotness. Then they make her up and voila! super-stunner. Same with some strippers.

I consider this a mixed blessing. On the one hand, "hot enough" women are now accessible to me. On the other, it's only at strip clubs. So, I'm still wondering how to get a date with a woman who could be a Hollywood starlet, but I guess it's a start ...
  • chitownlawyer
    18 years ago
    When I was at Oasis--Atlanta in May, I saw a stripper who looked like Andie McDowell, and another who looked like Vanessa Williams in her Miss America days. I thought it was "Celebrity Night at the Strip Club."

There is a dancer at Brad's BF who looks like Kate Moss.

At PT's--Sauget (East St. Louis), there is a dancer who looks just like Penelope Cruz.
  • chitownlawyer
    18 years ago
    As for myself, I like to think of John Goodman or Brian Dennehy, but Charles Laughton might be more realistic...
  • Book Guy
    18 years ago
    I've been told I look like Peter Lorre. On a good day. And whenever I see a short black girl I try to remind her that she looks just like Angelica Huston.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion