tuscl

The Drink-Buying Model

Thursday, January 5, 2012 7:58 AM
[view link] I went to Club Venus too on my recent Cincinnati trip. And like this reviewer, I don't much appreciate the drink-buying-for-dancer-companionship model present. Especially when one can buy much cheaper drinks in a local bar for a gal or gals. If your local diggs don't work like Club Venus, consider yourself lucky.

14 comments

• shadowcat
    13 years ago
    Club should probably be listed as a hostess club. None of the clubs that I go to have special dancer drink prices and I would not go to one that did. The exception might be a jack joint like the infamous Blue Diamond in Columbus Oh where for a couple of $20 drinks you could get a BJ or at least a HJ.
  • Clubber
    13 years ago
    sc, I was at my local "normal" hangout a couple of months ago to have a beer or two before heading home for the evening. One woman I knew from there (former barmaid) asked if I'd buy her a beer. Why of course. When I went to pay my tab it was $16. "For three beers?", I asked? Yes, your two were $6 and hers $10. WTF!!! Seems this was common place here for the Mexican patrons. Buy the lady a beer for companionship. I still buy them at times, but they know NOT to charge me that BS price!
  • georgmicrodong
    12 years ago
    There is no getting around it in the Louisville clubs. With the exception of PTs (where you can buy them regular drinks and everything *else* is more expensive), every club to which I've been, and reviewed, has some form of this practice. Possibly excepting Deja Vu as well; it's been long enough I don't remember. There's a couple of new clubs recently opened, and a couple down on Dixie Highway closer to Fort Knox that I have not patronized, so can't say about them.
  • samsung1
    12 years ago
    LOL I remember the blue diamond
  • Alucard
    12 years ago
    The answer is pretty simple. IF you dislike the practice GO to another Club where there is NOT a buy-a Drink-for-Dancer-Companionship model present.
  • steve229
    12 years ago
    CT - You've never been to the "Block"?
  • gatorfan
    12 years ago
    I'm not following why are we buying drinks for models again?
  • CTQWERTY
    12 years ago
    Steve, McDoogal's, sadly yes. But The Block? Nope.
  • PlayInNiagara
    12 years ago
    Like my favorite former dancer Nancy Reagan used to say..... "Just say No!"
  • Alucard
    12 years ago
    "I'm not following why are we buying drinks for models again" We're talking about Business Models NOT Female models.
  • CTQWERTY
    12 years ago
    Well, here's a runaway model... [view link]
  • SuperDude
    12 years ago
    Dancers have drink quotas in Detroit clubs. The overpriced dancer drinks are part of the business model.
  • CTQWERTY
    12 years ago
    SD, other things such as lap dances are available in Detroit. But Covington, KY (Cincy suburb) all the clubs only have drink-buying available. You have to buy the drink and then the dancer sits with you. She gets her pay via every drink you buy. There are no lap dances.
  • Club_Goer_Seattle
    12 years ago
    See my thread on that subject: "Annoying Strip Club Practices – Part 1: “Wanna Buy the Lady a Drink?” [view link]
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion