tuscl

The Deja Vu Chain

Saturday, December 17, 2011 4:58 PM
Inspired by another thread... Anyone have any good experiences at a Vu? I can't stand their (often) relentless drink pushing. Actually had a server interrupt a $100 'on the meter' VIP session to ask "Would you like to buy the lady a drink?" The dancers aren't allowed to say no. So, not wanting to be rude to my company, I had to fumble about for money to buy 'the lady' a drink. All while the meter on the VIP session ticked down. Then there's the flashing blue light specials. When the DJ flipped that switch (indicating a 2-for-1 deal was on) the dancers all migrated to the locker room for the duration of the special. (To be fair this was at the Vu in San Diego---> spoiled CA girls!!!) Has the Vu been bad to you to? Or, does anyone have some positives to tell???

20 comments

• georgmicrodong
    13 years ago
    Both the one in Louisville and the one in Lexington are mucho lamo IMO. They both have $12 or so cover charges (which, in fairness, includes all the water and pop you can drink), but according to the guys I've spoken to in the clubs themselves, the VIPs are as you describe: no privacy, no touch, and interrupted at random, frequent intervals by the waitress.
  • Ermita_Nights
    13 years ago
    I don't go to clubs that don't serve alcohol.
  • Club_Goer_Seattle
    13 years ago
    CTQ: I see you've been to several Seattle clubs. Some of them you've reviewed are the Deja Vu-owned clubs. They're the same way here. Just as you described in your San Diego experience. The Vu got it's start here in Seattle. I believe that was in 1988. Its Lake Forest Park location, just north of the Seattle city limits is its flagship club. It's still going! Many other clubs (chains and independents) also have a "buy the lady a drink?" policy--irritating as hell, as you mentioned. However, at the moment, the Vu chain is about the best Seattle has to offer. None of the independent clubs here are any more enjoyable. I'm likely to go to one or two of their clubs tonight: Deja Vu, Tukwilla (near the Seattle airport) and/or Little Darlings downtown. I already know particular dancers at both clubs that I like.
  • lopaw
    13 years ago
    I have had great times @ the DV in Vegas while they were still nude (they are topless now). Loved their bed dances! One time I showed up at 11am on a Sunday morning to find only two ladies working. They told me at the door that with only two girls working there would be no stage dancing. Oh great. I went in anyway, and both girls greeted me and both girls obliged me and each went on stage to dance for me (I was the only customer there) even though they didn't have to. Turns out one of the girls was a hot little polynesian mixed 18 yo, and we hit it off and spent the better part of the morning in the VIP area.
  • georgmicrodong
    13 years ago
    @lopaw: Visit Louisville, please. I have a nice little treat for you. :)
  • samsung1
    13 years ago
    The hustler in Detroit area is not too bad
  • minnow
    13 years ago
    CTQ- Mixed bag here. While I know walking into a DV club that a certain minimum standard is going to be met, DV's have never been on the top of my wish list. Mainly for the cheesiness issues that you brought up. Blue light special atmosphere can wear thin very fast. Many DV's are in areas with no/little meaningful competition. In those areas that do have a lot of other choices (i.e., Tampa, greater Los Angeles area) I've passed up the DV's there for plethora of other choices- haven't set foot in one in those areas in over 5 years.
  • mjx01
    13 years ago
    I've only been to the Vu on Midway and the Hustler (now Pacers again) in San Diego. Both sucked. Partly local LE. I really hated to timers in the booths at the Midway Vu.
  • thesamurai
    13 years ago
    I don't like the Vu in Mpls. Everything is wrong there from the vibe to the girls to the way staff treats joe customer.
  • JGoose
    13 years ago
    No problems in the two Seattle DV clubs I go to(Dreamgirls and Little Darlings). All you have to tell the waitress is "No thank you" and they take the hint pretty quickly. I've never(except for a waitress last night who got pissed off when I said "No thank you" too soon, and she was a bitch for the rest of the night) had to deal with pushy waitresses. Door fee with passes is only $10 in the Seattle DV clubs(I don't know about Ricks). $20 is a bit much though. Also, I've never had any issues with touching the dancers in the booths or VIP. The only limit to touching to me, is the dancers limit. I did have one experienced dancer that kept acting like the floater would do something about my hand being on her back, but they never have done anything at Dreamgirls, and the floater at Little Darlings is just counting dances. The things I find unacceptable are the ATM fees($7), and the convenience charge for using a credit/debit card. FFS! In twenty dollar increments, and an additional 10%! I can walk to a real ATM!
  • motorhead
    13 years ago
    There are a number of different club names that all fall under the corporate Deja Vu name. Some serve alcohol but I prefer the totally nude / no Alcohol clubs. I've had decent bed dances in Las Vegas & Tampa but that was years ago. The Michigan clubs are ok. Not Detroit caliber dances but getting better. Def YMMV. Just ignore the drink hustle and don't give in. If you know the dancer she will usually tell the waitress to fuck off
  • wallanon
    13 years ago
    Had some very good times at Lil' Darlings. The one in Vegas jumps to mind. Can recall a few quality visits to clubs with the DV brand over the door, but it was usually a girl not the club type deal.
  • Jmoney007
    13 years ago
    The Deja Vu club in Detroit(Higlandpark) might be an exception to the rule, because its not exactly like what the rest of you have described with the others in the chain. the dancers are hands on, on a slow day you may get some offers for extras. im not sure how the layout of the other clubs are but i like the semi-private LD area, the only thing i don't like is the birddog that keeps walking through randomly every 2 mins but i guess that's to make the girls sell the VIP trips. this club has an affordable VIP area, for a minimum of 60$, this includes 3 songs and way more mileage. the only thing that keeps this from being my all time favorite club is they don't have the 10$ table dances thats avalible at all the other Detroit area clubs. what i like about this club is there's no drink hustle, the girls are friendly and don't try to avoid anybody just to hangout with a regulars, since there's no alcohol its full nudity, most dancers are not pushy for dances and the over all experience is more relaxed then at the other Detroit area clubs. i am not trying to sell anybody on the idea that Deja Vu is the best club, i am just sharing my experience with this club because not only have i not had a bad experience here (yet), this was the very first SC i ever went to so i guess that's why i like it so much.
  • Dougster
    13 years ago
    Hate the management of these places, but you can still meet some really nice whores in the DV clubs.
  • farmerart
    13 years ago
    I have made a conscious effort to avoid the chains while I do my clubbing. I have often been tempted by the Spearmint Rhino near Toronto Int'l. because every club in the cluster of SCs around that airport is staffed by gorgeous, motivated, willing dancers. One day I will have to try out one of these corporate clubs.
  • lopaw
    13 years ago
    @gmd - if I'm ever out that way, I'm SO looking you up ;)
  • Estafador
    12 years ago
    LMFAO, man that sounds fucking hilarious. I were you bro, instead of bitching down and buying the drink, I would have deliberately yelled at her saying "Get the fuck out of here!". If I was pissed enough I would have paid and dipped right after. What's the point of a VIP if someone could just WALTZ right in in the middle of your session. What if you were doing the dirty (I'm sure you can't with cameras but just imagine it), maybe getting wacked off or fucking her brains out (doubt your that good for a loosey goosy) and the chick just pops up and says "would you like to buy the lady a drink?" Completlely pointless of being a VIP. Sounds like your club must suck, I've been to clubs where even waitress come but immedietly leave once they set a person's drink down when they see a stripper. As for the Blue light thing. That shit's fucking hilarious. Lazy bitches, though I understand. They'd make less money and get 10 instead of 20 each. Wish I had a Deja Vu in NY (wonder why we don't). I'd abuse that shit to the fullest. Anyone know a club in NYC/Metro area with 2 for 1 specials. I won't be cheap I promise lol
  • Papi_Chulo
    12 years ago
    Yeah – all customers hate the “wanna buy the lady a drink” shit. They (waitress/staff) want to put you on the spot and have you fork over your dough. When I first started clubbing and did not know better, I would feel put on the spot and I would buy the drink as not to look cheap or “ungentlemanly”. Now I just say “no thanks” 95% of the time. I like to decide how I spend my $$$ in the club and not how others (staff, dancers) want me to spend it. I like getting LDs from a lot of different dancers and that is how I like to spend my $$$. I don’t want to buy a drink for every girl I talk to during my 2 to 4 hour visit at the SC. I have figured that it is more rude of the waitress/staff to put the customer on the spot than for me to say no – especially if they are freaking interrupting you in the middle of a VIP session or LD. Often times if I have been talking to a dancer for a while and I get the “wanna buy the lady …” crap, I’ll say no and when the waitress walks away I’ll ask the dancer if she does want something to drink – there have been times where a dancer will tell me she does not drink and did not want me to waste my $$$.
  • Dougster
    12 years ago
    All three of my top three favorites worked at the DJV at some point, and there are plenty of OTC oppurtunities if you are don't write it off just because it is DJV.
  • Alucard
    12 years ago
    My local Toledo Deja Vu is hit or miss. Read my reviews of July 20th and September 13th. DFK & BBBJCIMWS on one visit and a Strike Out on the other visit.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion