tuscl

Girls, You can make $10,000 a Night as a Stripper

jackslash
Detroit strip clubs
Girls, you can make $10,000 a night as a stripper. It's got to be true. It's in the New York Post.

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/manha…

8 comments

• steve229
    13 years ago
    "The best hustlers bring home between $600,000 and $800,000 a year"

Strippers are part of the 1%? Who knew?
  • CTQWERTY
    13 years ago
    How did they miss out on being banksters??? Steal $26 trillion (and counting) and send the global bill to the U.S. taxpayer.....
  • janetren69
    13 years ago
    I love how they put it under the misleading title, "Shaking That Moneymaker for 10 Grand A Night," and then wait until page 3 to put up Christina's quote: “The best night I had, I made $10,000,” said Cristina, 28, a blonde from Eastern Europe who said she’s stripping to pay for grad school in speech therapy. “There are guys that fall in love with a girl to the point that putting down money is nothing. But you can also go home negative, because you pay $200 a night to work here.” Of course anyone can have a night like that when they run into a charming millionaire who is easy to talk to, loves you, is attracted to you and you to him, and you feel a connection with each other on some level making conversation flow easily. But 2suggest that this happens EVERY night? Lol. Wow, someone's ambitious.

• inno123
    13 years ago
    I would guess that in Manhattan you can have one very lonely trader who just got his bonus check and then got very drunk and wound up blowing ten thousand on a stripper. Considering some of the other examples of extravagant conspicuous consumption that is not unbelievable. Of course it is also not unbelievable that a stripper would exaggerate her best night ever for the sake of getting in the papers.

You know, an entrprising IRS Auditor might consider pulling her return...
  • deogol
    13 years ago
    That story is like a pimp's lie. All jewels, money, and fairy tales.
  • steve229
    13 years ago
    "Rick's ...is a well-oiled machine where the house pulls down $300,000 in a good week.
    "The 1,200 dancers that work in Manhattan sign on as independent contractors and pay about $200 a night for the right to strip at the club."

Interesting. So how many girls dance daily at Rick's - 50-100? more on weekends? So the club could be making 1/2 to 2/3 of its profit on dancer stage fees. Fed, not doubt, by a stead stream of new dancers in search of the mythical $10K/night payday.
  • jackslash
    13 years ago
    Steve, I think you're right. Clubs make money from both customers and dancers, and these stories about fabulous earnings bring in more girls to the clubs.
  • gatorfan
    13 years ago
    Everyone else you can make $10,000 lying thieving cheating investors out of start up capital
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion