tuscl

OT: The Hottest Babe of The Republican Field

Too bad so much press has focused on Cain and his accusers. But that's just the cover bums like Gingrich need to fail upwards*. [Gingrich took $1.6 million in lobbying proceeds from an industry who's bailouts have thus far sent $5-$6 trillion U.S. taxpayer money over "the pond" to bailout Europe (with more to come).]

Ron Paul is a much better choice. But he's the last guy the finanacial industry wants elected... hence 8% poll support. Sigh... Here he is laying it out: http://runronpaul.com/interviews/ron-pau…

* Being fair, a Democrat with similar credentials is Larry Summers. He who deregulated safeguards on the financial industry as Clinton's treasury secretary (how'd that mess turn out by '08?) and then managed to become Obama's chief economic advisor (yeah, we're f*cked). What did he do in between? President of Harvard (lol!) From Wikipedia: "Losses on financial derivatives

During Summers's presidency at Harvard, the University entered into a series totalling US$3.52 billion of interest rate swaps, financial derivatives that can be used for either hedging or speculation.[44] Summers approved the decision to enter into the swap contracts as president of the university and as a member of Harvard Corp., "the university's seven-member ruling body" which bears "the school's ultimate fiduciary responsibility."[45] By late 2008, those positions had lost approximately $1 billion in value, a setback which forced Harvard to borrow significant sums in distressed market conditions to meet margin calls on the swaps.[46] In the end Harvard paid $497.6 million in termination fees to investment banks and has agreed to pay another $425 million over 30-40 years.[45] The decision to enter into the swap positions has been attributed to Summers and has been termed a "massive interest-rate gamble" that ended badly.[47]"

8 comments

• mjx01
    13 years ago
    The avaible republican options are all apaling. Frankly, I wiash there was a "none of the above" option on the ballot so that the people could sink all the empty suits which are handed to us by special interest groups. We need to clean house in congress too, but sadly most people never thing that their senator/represenative is part of the problem, just all the other ones. LOL!
  • motorhead
    13 years ago
    I like Ron Paul's Libertarian slant. Too bad he has zero chance of winning. I agree the Republicans that decided to run look like a bunch of junior high student council members rather than leaders of the US. I think potentially good candidates like Mitch Daniels of Indiana or Chris Christie of NJ decided this wasn't the right year to run. They are conceding to Obama seems like.
  • rh48hr
    13 years ago
    Monty Brewster for President, vote "none of the above"!
  • vincemichaels
    13 years ago
    Alfred E. Neuman for President !!
  • steve229
    13 years ago
    I had to laugh when Cain and Gingerich had their "Lincoln-Douglas" debate. Serial adulterer vs. serial sexual harasser. Sheesh!
  • txtittyfan
    13 years ago
    Where's Pat Paulson when you need him?
  • motorhead
    13 years ago
    ^^^
    "All the problems we face in the United States today can be traced to an unenlightened immigration policy on the part of the American Indian."

PP
  • farmerart
    13 years ago
    From a Canadian businessman's point of view, Huntsman would be my choice.

From Obama's point of view he must be praying for anybody BUT Huntsman or Romney.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion