tuscl

Where to go in New Orleans?

I see that there are lots of clubs on Bourbon Street but where do you go when you don't want to be treated like tourist even though you are one? I would prefer to stay down town just looking for a good place to go without lots dancers looking to scam on out of towners.

4 comments

• LenaLee
    13 years ago
    There is no where on bourbon street that won't treat you like a tourist. The whole French Quarter is a total tourist-filled area, so you probably are better off not going to clubs on bourbon St.
  • CTQWERTY
    13 years ago
    Well, if you don't unEarth any good intel before departing, employ the tourist's best defense in a new club: load up on the singles and man the rail stageside. This limits costs, allows you to meet the talent, and puts the onus on the gals to sell you on what options there are.

Or, get a seat closest to the ATM and check your account balance twice within your first 20 minutes in the club. Then ask the first dancer who shows up whether credit cards can be used for to pay for lap dances. Ask the next dancer whether she banks by smart phone too. [With fraud protection everywhere these days nothing can go wrong with option #2!]
  • spudd
    13 years ago
    Visions is where most locals go.
  • JackKash
    13 years ago
    I was pleasantly surprised by Scores when I was there. Another club a number of years ago I don't remember the name of was fun too. The ones that have taken over the old mansions offer a variety of rooms to roam. Yes, cash is drained. Move on from any club you start getting a hard sell from a girl before you've seen her talent, especially if she starts pushing you to buy chanmpagne or dancer priced drinks. See if you can leave and come back to a club if you need to refill the wallet, I found a store on Bourbon St with an ATM whose fee was .99
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion