tuscl

Charitable contributions

Sunday, November 6, 2011 8:55 PM
Sometimes I view strip club visits as a personal way of giving to the poor, a form of charity. Have any of you ever tried to write off strip club expenses as charitable contributions so you could deduct them on your tax return? Maybe writing a girl a check for that $150 VIP so you'd have proof in case of an audit? Obviously there's some security issue there since a check will have some identifying information you may not want to give out, but maybe if you trust the dancer and don't have a spouse watching over your bank account, it might be okay.

18 comments

• ArtFish
    13 years ago
    Do you really want her to have your name, address, bank routing number, and bank account number? They are all printed on your check. Think about how much damage somebody could do with those. Think about how many transactions online you may have signed up for with just that information. Think about what information a check printing company required of you when you ordered new checks. Think about how little protection your bank offers you with checks. Think about the IRS audit as well.
  • Dougster
    13 years ago
    dredog03: "Obviously there's some security issue there since a check will have some identifying information you may not want to give out" Seems to pale in comparison to risk of failing the audit and getting charged with tax fraud. Good luck if you try that one, though. You'll need it!
  • shadowcat
    13 years ago
    dreddog - you've got bigger balls than I do. I wouldn't even try to put that past the IRS.
  • thesamurai
    13 years ago
    Strippers take checks? People still use checks?
  • CTQWERTY
    13 years ago
    I think a personal check would lead to bouncer workout time: as in 1-2-1 and down he goes!
  • crecat03
    13 years ago
    Didn't say I've tried it or will. Just was thinking about it because I often try to personally justify such expenses as being for charity.
  • samsung1
    13 years ago
    I am just glad we are not paying a sales tax on lap dances, drinks, or cover charges! I think Texas might have a "pole tax" for their cover charges so each club has to collect $5 but I am not sure on this.
  • canny
    13 years ago
    If you are self employed, receipts are not needed for entertainment expenses (meals) that are below a certain dollar figure. I keep all receipts and report the exact dollar amount to the penny because I'm not willing to risk making a mistake, but if you do something on the side like mow lawns and you report your revenue you can also report a lot of expenses.
  • steve229
    13 years ago
    "Sometimes I view strip club visits as a personal way of giving to the poor, a form of charity." Er, that's not how the IRS sees it: [view link] Does the name Wesley Snipes ring a bell?
  • Clubber
    13 years ago
    Easy answer, have your favorite dancers set up a charity. Say something like "STRIP". "Start Them Right, In Private".
  • vincemichaels
    13 years ago
    No, but I think we'd all like to deduct it. :)
  • racejeff
    13 years ago
    Check to her as an individual is not going to get you a tax deduction. Unless you can get her to set up a 503c charity lol.
  • Rlionheart
    13 years ago
    In deductions parlance I think that is the equivalent of sticking your John Thomas in the paper shredder.
  • canny
    13 years ago
    Start a foundation, name it the PL Foundation and go through the paperwork to make donations to it tax deductible and then have the foundation pay for your visits to the strip clubs. Use the foundation's credit card to pay.
  • txtittyfan
    13 years ago
    I used to get dances from a dancer named Charity.
  • bang69
    13 years ago
    no stripper that i have met take checks. cash only
  • wallanon
    13 years ago
    If you have to ask if a stripper takes checks, you picked the wrong day to visit or the wrong hobby.
  • newmark
    13 years ago
    Most won't take checks. You might try payin them off in grocery coupons though.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion