tuscl

VIP membership cards?

Do you have one? Is it saving you money or did you get it for the perks or both? I'm wondering how many clubs have this type of card.

15 comments

• casualguy
    18 years ago
    I once lived in Raleigh and never went to TDH. Of course I didn't have as much money back then when I was a college student and with lots of pretty girls everywhere such as my lab partner in one class who was competing as one of the homecoming candidates, I never even thought about strip clubs back then. I remember in one chemistry class I had assigned seating right above about 9 or 12 females who all kept wearing short shorts. I had it rough. Bringing back a few memories. I did meet one stripper at a fraternaty party and had fun at a sorority party. I think there was a very good female to male ratio at the sorority party. A whole lot better than at any strip club. Of course I do wonder what I missed at TDH.
  • GO PACK
    18 years ago
    At Thee Dollhouse in Raleigh it's $300 a year and the only thing you get is free admisssion for a year. Might include guests but I'm not sure. Not worth it in my opinion.
  • casualguy
    18 years ago
    That's what I like about the Greenville PP club when it gets crowded. The club is so big, there are always seats available even when a large crowd shows up. Columbia PP on a weekend night I remember used to be standing room only after about 10 pm on the weekend. It wasn't like that the very last time I visited but I didn't see the same quality of good looking girls there either that one time.
  • robofan
    18 years ago
    I have 3 VIP cards from 3 different local upscale clubs. Each was free. Each was given to me by the club manager at the request of a stripper who worked there. Each entitles me to enter without paying the cover charge. Since I go to clubs mainly during the day now when they don’t charge a cover anyway they are not much use anymore.
  • casualguy
    18 years ago
    There is a champagne or vip area in the Greenville club. Admission is also $8 in the evening here and I thought the same in Columbia in the evening. I'm not sure if it's cheaper earlier in the day. I don't even know if I would want to go up the stairs and sit in a more secluded area unless the club got too crowded or I wanted to hide from some dancers for a while. I know nothing about the Memphis club so it sounds like it has no champagne area. I wouldn't be surprised if the Greenville club is the biggest in terms of square feet of all the PP clubs. It makes the Columbia club look a bit small.
  • Book Guy
    18 years ago
    Agree with Chandler. Of course, it depends on the club. A PP membership is 500? That would be approximately 100 visits, maybe more if you go during daytime, not counting tip. Not worth it, especially given LE attention toward that place. But then there are places where a lifetime VIP is $20 while onetime is $10. You do the math.

But this whole thing is funny. A PP card allows you lifetime seating in the VIP area? THERE IS NO VIP AREA! Geez.
  • chandler
    18 years ago
    I would say any card you pay for that takes more than a few months for you to break even isn't worth the gamble. Strip clubs can go tits up overnight, or they can change too suddenly into something you don't want anymore.
  • FONDL
    18 years ago
    Chandler, I'm sure that's true in some cases, but my experience has been the exact opposite. Most of the clubs I'm familiar with haven't changed in decades, they're still the same old dive. The smart owners don't invest a dime in them because they don't have to. But I'm gettring off topic again.
  • FONDL
    18 years ago
    I don't know that I've ever been in a club that has them. Except for a couple of nude BYOB places, most of the clubs I've been to in recent years don't charge any admission.
  • casualguy
    18 years ago
    That sounds great. I'm not able to make it to Memphis though. However if I'm not busy which is a big if on occasion, I'm less than a 2 hour drive from both PP clubs in south carolina.
  • casualguy
    18 years ago
    I asked about the PP VIP card the other night. I was told it cost $500 but it's good for a lifetime and you get free admission to all of the Platinum Plus clubs 5 total and can sit in the VIP section free of charge without buying champagne (I believe I was told). I was thinking ok $8 cover charge so $500/8 equals 62.5 or 63 visits for the card to break even. If you made say 3 visits a month, that would be 36 visits a year or just under a 2 year pay back. Faster if you took a guest in for free (another perk) or if you made more visits.

Then of course I started wondering about something else, do you think it would be harder to get good dance price deals on the 2 for one specials? I just got curious about the whole thing.
  • magicrat
    18 years ago
    There is a chain of clubs in the Charlotte, NC area that has them. $10 to purchase and you get $2 off admission. No other perks that I know of.
  • chitownlawyer
    18 years ago
    Unfortunately, domestic politics forbid my possession of same. Something else to get me in trouble. So, it is a concept that by definition is outside my sphere of possibilities.

Alas.
  • chandler
    18 years ago
    I've got one. A manager gave it to me for no apparent reason. It entitles me and a guest to free admission, no waiting in line, and unlimited mileage with any dancer I choose. Okay, that last part I made up.
  • Clubber
    18 years ago
    I bought one at a local club. Saved $50 on a VIP trip and about three $5 covers. Cost me $75 to purchase. The club was sold and the "membership" became useless. I lost money on the face of it, but having it "told" the hotter women there that I had some cash. Had the club not changed owners, it would have been more worthwhile. All in all, not a real winner, but then, not a loser.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion